329 Comments
Edited by MrKlorox
@Antihippy said:

@MrKlorox: What?

There's nothing wrong with serif fonts. Depends on the application.

Serif fonts are typically harder to read on a screen than non serif fonts. All those extra thin horizontal lines constantly make me second guess letters unless I'm right up on the screen. It's especially bad when the vertical lines are also rather thin. However a good bold serif font can be just fine (the Tested logo for example), though that's rarely the case with Japanese games. 

For some reason thin serif fonts are not as difficult to read in actual print. Maybe it has something to do with the dpi.

Merely a pet peeve of mine.
Posted by RandomInternetUser

If this was an anime, I would 100% watch it.

Edited by TheDeadComedian

Sooooooooooo japanese Heavy Rain + God of War + Alan Wake presentation = Asura's Wrath?

Doesn't sound so bad.

Edited by SatelliteOfLove

This isn't saying much, but Japan is winning the fight in the "turgid, press random button to continue the show" genre.

Yet, because it's in this genre, it still bites.

Posted by PimblyCharles

@TheDeadComedian said:

Sooooooooooo japanese Heavy Rain + God of War + Alan Wake presentation = Asura's Wrath?

Doesn't sound so bad.

Alan Wake presentation? Um.... what?

Posted by TheDeadComedian

@PimblyCharles: The episodic format

Edited by Pop

I really like the art of this game and the fighting stuff and the QTEs but the episode and the story during the illustrations are just weird, I would play it if it was on PC.

edit: Is one of the voice actors the one from Illidan in world of warcraft, I get a YOU ARE NOT PREPARED vibe from it, don't know it it's Asura or the big fat dude.

edit 2: yep I was right Asura is voiced by Liam O'Brien which is Illidan Stormrage and War in Darksiders, this dude is in a lot of stuff!!

Posted by Otzlowe

@MrKlorox said:

@Antihippy said:

@MrKlorox: What?

There's nothing wrong with serif fonts. Depends on the application.

Serif fonts are typically harder to read on a screen than non serif fonts. All those extra thin horizontal lines constantly make me second guess letters unless I'm right up on the screen. It's especially bad when the vertical lines are also rather thin. However a good bold serif font can be just fine (the Tested logo for example), though that's rarely the case with Japanese games. For some reason thin serif fonts are not as difficult to read in actual print. Maybe it has something to do with the dpi. Merely a pet peeve of mine.

This seems slightly odd to me. Part of the point of serifs are for legibility. With serifs, you could cover up the bottom two thirds of every letter in a sentence and still read it.

As to whether or not non-serif fonts have a better visual presentation in block / body format is a different matter.

Edited by Stubee

In a world where Bayonetta doesn't exist, I can see this game being much more appealing.

EDIT: Though I have to say, some of the camera work is very impressive!

Posted by onarum

They're doing quick looks of slightly interactive anime now?

Posted by LiquidPrince

@Stubee said:

In a world where Bayonetta doesn't exist, I can see this game being much more appealing.

EDIT: Though I have to say, some of the camera work is very impressive!

Bayonetta was no more near as awesome. Scope wise and artistically this game has it beat. It even has a far more entertaining story in my opinion. Then again, I thought Bayonetta was pretty bad.

Posted by Tordah

I'm not sure what I just saw, but I think it's awesome.

Posted by djenson

Game looks awesome

Posted by OverlordOutpost

Well, this rather solidly convinced me to buy the game.

Posted by thepotatoman

really funny that brad set this up to be anime heavy rain both during the podcast and for the first 5 minutes of this quick look, and 30 minutes in there has only been 2 actual quick time events and 3 battle scenes. Maybe he should have either done a bit more research or play for more then 30 minutes before deciding that was the narrative to cover this game on.

Posted by Chazzi27

This game looks amazingly fun, if only it didn't also seem too short I'd consider a purchase. Alas, I will have to find someway to rent this.

Posted by supergg2k

Is this from the same team that did God Hand for the PS2?

Posted by mnzy
@supergg2k said:

Is this from the same team that did God Hand for the PS2?

No, the God Hand people made Vanquish and Bayonetta later.
Posted by JustinAquarius

Looks pretty boring.

Posted by OMGmyFACE

I wouldn't pay full price for this but you can be damn sure I will own and play this to my heart's content. Man, this game is absurd.

Posted by BlackPeople

I just can't see the appeal of this.

Posted by BonOrbitz

This looks like a lot of fun, but I can't see myself paying sixty bucks for it. Man, that music during the interludes is so beautiful.

Posted by Jeffk38uk

It's like they are trying to make Gurren Lagaan;esc anime as a videogame but back as an anime that you interact with. And that's hella cool.

Posted by thebunnyhunter

if only this was an endurance run, that would have been awesome

Posted by Kaowas

I just love the smell of deicide in the mornin'. *Chomps cigar*

Posted by BabelTower

Kind of conflicted myself on this. I absolutely hate the Bleach and DBZ type of animes, have no real love for One Piece or Naruto, yet I love Devil May Cry and Bayonetta. Though it aims for the DBZ fighting anime it's still short and focused. Damn it, I am really interested in this but my wallet will kill me if I do another spontaneous purchase.

Posted by golguin

This quicklook and the conversations on the bombcast made me check out this game and I'm glad I did. Anyone curious about the game should really give it a shot as it was like nothing I had ever played before. Watching the game on youtube takes away from the feeling you get while playing. You'd think it would be boring simply pressing button prompts to continue the cut scenes, but there's nothing like building up a Burst to do something amazing.

Posted by LiK

so glad Vinny was in this. GOTTA KEEP GOING! XD

Posted by JehutySan

Because you guys kept talking about the game, I finally bought it...holy shiiiiiet! Not everyday I get to see some new stuff!