329 Comments
Posted by metrodextrous

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted by Phatmac

Man, this game is nuts!

Posted by Wikitoups
Posted by Calavero

Holy crap, that was way better than I expected. Felt like I was watching a Dragonball Z episode for a moment there. I don't mind QTEs so maybe I'll rent it sometime.

Posted by Undeadpool

Gotta say: I don't hate QTEs like much of the internet seems to, so I'll probably give this a shot. It really looks like God of War filtered through the lens of Japan.

Posted by WilltheMagicAsian

Yeah that's Akihiko from P3. Liam O' Brien.

Posted by darkvare

asura sounds exactly like war from darksiders

Posted by defenestr8ed

This feels like they took the laserdisc game format and updated it with a whole bunch of crazy.

Posted by Bwast

I am so into this. 60 is a bit much though.

Posted by dr_mantas

Excellent

Posted by NintenJoe

It's setup like an anime episode per chapter. Those breaks are exactly like an anime cut to commercial and return. Though such an entertaining, over the top story so far... lol

Edited by Tennmuerti

it seems like they put in a lot of work into the characters but forgot to put any detail into the places where you walk/fight making them look like something from last gen

Posted by mewarmo990

This game HAS to be experienced, even if the gameplay is somewhat mediocre. I think it's worth a rental, or purchase when it's on sale.

I've never seen so much anger!

Posted by Codeacious

@NintenJoe said:

It's setup like an anime episode per chapter. Those breaks are exactly like an anime cut to commercial and return. Though such an entertaining, over the top story so far... lol

Yep, that was my exact thought while watching this. I am completely okay with this style of game, but I'm not sure if it is worth $60.

Posted by gamefreak9

This is probably the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen! In the best way possible!

Posted by Skronk61

Can't wait to play this, I loved how crazy the demo was.
March 9th is going to be an expensive day in the UK. Mass Effect 3, Asura's Wrath and SF X T

Posted by Smokey_Earhole

@Kanji said:

Not so enjoyable when Brad spends the entire quick look trying to hate the game. Yeah, it might not be amazing but after the first 15 off hand comments about how much it depends on QTEs and other shit, it gets annoying. WE GET IT YOU DON'T REALLY LIKE IT OR THINK MUCH OF IT. Christ.

Oh, and how ironic - Brad yaps on and on about how this game is pure QTE driven...and promptly goes to do a QL with nearly half of it consisting of direct control action sequences. Failing at video gaming as usual.

Posted by SYMPHONICOLOSSUS

Brad's ignorance bothers me.

Posted by admanb

Goddammit Japan.

Posted by Omanyte_Jackson

yep that's totally fucking anime

Posted by OneManX

@Smokey_Earhole said:

@Kanji said:

Not so enjoyable when Brad spends the entire quick look trying to hate the game. Yeah, it might not be amazing but after the first 15 off hand comments about how much it depends on QTEs and other shit, it gets annoying. WE GET IT YOU DON'T REALLY LIKE IT OR THINK MUCH OF IT. Christ.

Oh, and how ironic - Brad yaps on and on about how this game is pure QTE driven...and promptly goes to do a QL with nearly half of it consisting of direct control action sequences. Failing at video gaming as usual.

Well, to be fair,t he fights are to lead into more QTEs

Posted by DougCL

this game is fucking beautiful

Posted by Goblin

So CyberConnect2 took the format of the major boss battles in their Naruto games and extended it into a full game... then split it into roughly 20 min long episodes with bumpers in the middle, pre/reviews and fat mid-battle cliffhangers?

As long as this has an option for japanese voices, sign me the fuck up. (Not that I have anything against Liam O'Brien, he was amazing in Darksiders and FFXIII-2)

Posted by Treppass

this is an interactive anime. maybe Anime Vice should review this instead?

Posted by prodigy_T

Did watch the video but I will say its an interesting game. Weird in parts.. like it was made not for American audiance obviously. Very B game ish.. some parts where fun some visuals where interesting.. the handel... i didn't like.. very simple. so Tylers vote.....

3 stars out of 5....maybe lol.

Posted by Jdiggity88

I think this would have looked cool with cell shading

Posted by Meltac

I.. I don't get this game. But I think that I'm going to rent it, because it seems so ridicoulously awesome, that it has to be played.

Posted by Springfart

that spider is golden!

Posted by Dagbiker

Not really into this, but i agree amnesia is way too over used, and convent. Time travel is a much more interesting McGuffen, and hides the characters past very well.

Posted by TheHT

Oh my god, that was fucking exhilarating!

Maybe when it's 40 bucks I'll get it.

Posted by Flacracker

Some pretty badass moments there.

Posted by BrianP

Some of these comments make me really wonder why some people bother coming to this site at all

Posted by RuisuX

Illidan?

Posted by Gabriel

Brad's gonna have nightmarish Lost Planet 2 flashbacks if he reviews this.

Posted by Branthog

Man, I have hated everything about this game since the first time we ever saw anything about it. That hideous art-style that shouts "I'm a twelve year old masturbating over low-quality anime and I need a videogame I can put on the shelf next to my DVD collection of that screaming orange ninja kid".

This might be the ugliest looking game (as far as art-style goes) I've seen this entire generation.

Posted by wolf_blitzer85

HUUUUUUUUUG!

Posted by mrfluke
@BrianP said:

Some of these comments make me really wonder why some people bother coming to this site at all

i have to agree, because this time the hate is not even justified as brad was good in this quicklook 

vinny is perfect though
Posted by Xenctuary

I love the evil guy's laugh.

Posted by Nakiro

@Branthog said:

Man, I have hated everything about this game since the first time we ever saw anything about it. That hideous art-style that shouts "I'm a twelve year old masturbating over low-quality anime and I need a videogame I can put on the shelf next to my DVD collection of that screaming orange ninja kid".

This might be the ugliest looking game (as far as art-style goes) I've seen this entire generation.

I'm sorry to hear that.

Posted by Xenctuary

@Smokey_Earhole said:

@Kanji said:

He did mention that he felt as though he had misrepresented the game, as his experience prior to the Quick Look had included a lot more quick time events.

Posted by Whizbang

Burst!

Posted by spilledmilkfactory

The parts where you're actually playing look boring. If it was 100% crazy QTEs I'd be more inclined to "play"

Posted by Olivaw

This quick look sold me a copy of this game.

Fuckin'

what

the crap

Posted by GoldBlaze
Edited by MindOST

Man, this is just a couple of schoolgirl-raping-tentacles short of "Crappy Anime Stereotypes: The Game"

Posted by JohnnyMcmillen

This game looks amazing.

Posted by Olivaw

It's really kind of shocking how they commit so hard to creating an anime, and then don't have OPs or EDs

No theme song to get you hyped, no completely out of place ending credits song.

I guess that would eat up too much time for players, but I say if you're gonna go for it, fuckin' go all the way

Posted by Seeric

While I definitely don't see any reason to pay $60 for this game, it still looks like something worth paying $30-40 for instead of just renting. Mainly, it doesn't look very 'good' as far as actual gameplay goes, but it does look wonky enough and probably short enough that it will be one of those games that's just fun to sit down with every few years and go through and I suspect it won't be easy to find later on.

Posted by GoldBlaze

My god. This is the definitive Dragon Ball Z of video games.

Edited by kishinfoulux

I love how bewildered Brad is about the game, during the tutorial. Hilarious stuff.

Also:

HA HA!!!