227 Comments
Posted by vhold

It's kind of a problem when something is over the top right away and stays there, you become desensitized to it, so the whole thing feels like one big flat note.

Posted by BakingPanda

I want it so bad.

Posted by Grimey

Ryan's reaction to the threat of falling off a cliff cracked me up every single time. "Dut, dut, DUT, DUT, DUT!"

Posted by thebigJ_A

Wait, there are people who still care about snowboarding?

What is this, 1999? Is everything all Xtreme again? God, I hope not.

Posted by dvorak

@thebigJ_A said:

Wait, there are people who still care about snowboarding?

What is this, 1999? Is everything all Xtreme again? God, I hope not.

Suffice it to say, there are still people who care about snowboarding.

Posted by Hero_Swe

*sigh* Magnetic rails, goodbye skill.

Posted by Hardtarget

lol Ryan is the best "OH GOD THE ROCKS OH GOD... DUH DUH DUH OH GOD... I'm just gonna quit this event now"

Posted by fisk0

I rather enjoyed 1080 Snowboarding back in the late 90's, and had some fun with Amped on the Xbox,  but while I can't put the finger on exactly why, neither the quicklook or anything else I've seen about it sold me on this game, despite the soundtrack.

Posted by bluefoxxy

Mac attack baby.

Posted by csl316

Sounds sexy.

Posted by JacDG

@Hero_Swe said:

*sigh* Magnetic rails, goodbye skill.

No.

Posted by Humanity
@denshuu Kaori crew assemble! I hope she still hasn't learned proper English!
Posted by Ketchupp

Online Pass strikes again!

Posted by Sparklykiss

COONCE.

I'm totally digging all of this.

Posted by Nettacki

@DarkbeatDK said:

Was playing the demo with some friends and our experience with it was not very positive.

*The only way to bail is if you press any of the buttons. Hitting trees and rocks does nothing

*There's tons of autosteering and magnetic rails that draw your character in

*At no point are there any sockpuppets or stopmotion cutscenes like in Amped 3

I bet if you tried that in one of the harder mountains, you won't get as much success as seen here.

Posted by PLWolf

SOLD!! Buying now. Love me some SSX and this looks awesome.

Posted by SpunkyHePanda

Wish it had more of the cosmetic customization stuff that SSX 3 had, but the RPG-ness is grabbing me pretty hard.

Posted by AMyggen

For people calling this a "button masher": If you want to be even okay at the game, you have to do a lot more than mash buttons. Just because a game is fast doesn't make it a button masher.

Posted by seanord

Ryan's fear of falling very evident. He did not want to try the descents he was not equipped for. AHHH, DUT DUT DUT!!!

Posted by DukesT3

For some reason I love how they are still consistent with the character ages. Seeing Mac going from 15 to 25 gets me to feel I grew up with these characters *sheds tear*

Posted by jasondesante

can you do handstands in this game like SSX On Tour.....and are there skis? SSX On Tour (SSX4) was my all time favorite.

Posted by MisterMouse

heck yeah coonce!

Posted by Launch

That incredible soundtrack makes me wanna buy this so badly. Oh, and the game just looks like a blast.

Posted by cookpass

Does this game have enough content to make it worthwhile if I have no XBL?

Posted by flanker22

dang ryan is really good.

Posted by DarkbeatDK

@Nettacki: Yes, probably not. As far as demos go, it felt kinda "casualized"

Posted by soupbones

I want Amped 2 HD Remastered.

This looks good - but a bit too "snowboarding in outer space" for me.

Posted by ZombieSpace

@DarkbeatDK: it's suppose to be easy to pick up and play, it's suppose to move fast and be exciting at all times, it was terrible when you would get stuck on some asshole objects in the old games and just be stuck. and it's also a fucking mountain, you go down.

Posted by Krystal_Sackful

@soupbones: I WANT SNOWBOARDING IN OUTER SPACE.

I want to Sandboard down Olympus Mons. I want to wingsuit over canyons on Europa. I want to snowboard in an O'Neill Cylinder in such a way that the slope NEVER ENDS.

Posted by Grimluck343

Haven't played an SSX game in forever, interested to try this out.

Posted by RVonE

Ryan seemed really flustered during the first three and a half minutes of this QL.

Posted by soupbones

@Krystal_Sackful: Well SLAP ON YOUR SPACE HELMET - CAUSE THIS MAY BE YOUR GAME! Good luck and godspeed friend.

Posted by xite

I'd play a SkiFree remake if they made it look like the avalanche mode in this.

Posted by Bourbon_Warrior

No Head 2 Head, No sale

Posted by RageKage14

Just once, I want the first page of comments to have zero reference to the quest to get the first post.

Posted by OllyOxenFree
@RageKage14 said:

Just once, I want the first page of comments to have zero reference to the quest to get the first post.

Never gonna happen, baby.

Really looking forward to getting a copy of this. Looks dope.
Posted by Codeezle

@heatDrive88: Watch QL. That song plays every single time you get into Tricky mode.

Posted by ZmillA

this is doing nothing for me. sub 30 bucks for this

Posted by Distrato

This game doesn't look very good :( Think I'll stick to buying the old ones.

Posted by stalis

AAGH SO EXITED, just 2 days left!

Posted by CitizenJP

I fell in love with the demo on PS3...cant waiiiiiit.

Posted by Scotto

This QL just reminded me that The Hives need to release a new goddamn album already.

Posted by Catarrhal

It's cool that they did another Quick Look on this, but did they really need to spend TWENTY-EIGHT MINUTES looking at menu screens? The previous Quick Look explained all of those features more than adequately.

Always great to hear from Coonce, though.

Posted by KaneRobot

This is about as "on the fence" as I get with games. I do want it and I loved Tricky but between my current backlog and the online pass being included for a game with no real online play...I'll probably wait.

Posted by LaszloKovacs

I want this game right now. I want it all over my body.

Posted by 2Thumbs

This game has 'Flux Pavilion - I Can't Stop' in it?

SOLD!

Posted by Max_Hydrogen

"Dut, dut, dut, dut, dut, dut, dut, dut, dut!" Is snowboarding parlance for: "Oh shit, I hope I don't die!"

Edited by HaltIamReptar

Is HD not uploaded? Or is there some weird compression going on?

Posted by MikkaQ

@Catarrhal said:

It's cool that they did another Quick Look on this, but did they really need to spend TWENTY-EIGHT MINUTES looking at menu screens?

Yeah but then it wouldn't be a Ryan quicklook, would it?

Edited by I_smell

I think they should release 25 of the 150 slopes as a $10 XBLA game.

AS WELL AS this, I mean.

I think that'd sell like hot cakes.