227 Comments
Posted by DjDonFrancisco

It's tricky to rock a rhyme thats right on time.

Posted by turbocake

Finally! Love this game series!

Posted by Conqu3ror

Yay

Posted by Thunderducky

hooray ssx!

Posted by chicomendes2

eggy turds

Posted by buttle826

damn you guys are quick

Posted by Imptastic

I'm going to have to start waylaying UPS trucks around town to find my copy!

Posted by BatmanBatman

Tricks!!! damn slow internet !!!!

Posted by kbeaver818

SEX

Posted by fusrodah

We are not thugs, we don't use drugs, but you assume on your own. They offer coke and lots of dope but we just leave it alone.

Posted by The_BrownGhost

Seems legit! Demo kicked ass.

Posted by Canteu

Magnets AND gravity!

Posted by Death_Burnout

Sean Coonce is excited, I'm excited. This is great.

Posted by Grixxel

Radical!

Posted by Hooded

It looks like Ryan isnt correct about the Online Pass, if you do not have the onlive pass you wont be able to receive the credits you earn when offline. He banked the 77,500 credits but it said he needs online pass to get that.

Posted by Canteu

@Hooded: He wasn't wrong. He explained it after he banked it.

Posted by Tesla

Coonce!

Edited by rmanthorp

Excited about this so much! They love those Sig Tricks! Shame they are not as good as normal tricks. :<

Edited by NeilRapalee

@Hooded: It is because he was online when it ended. If he wasn't online he would have lost that money since he didn't have the online pass.

He also didn't technically receive it. It is in his metaphoric pouch. When or if he gets the online pass he will get all in his pouch that he has banked.

With the pass it is automatically banked and he gets it everytime he logs on.

It is super confusing.

Posted by Orange_Pork

Can't wait to get off work. This whole week is going to be nothing but Kaori doing pirouettes.

Posted by sawtooth

damn it UPS, where's my copy?!

Posted by CastroCasper

Why is this not in my mailbox yet?!

Posted by locolukah

Looks like a button masher...will pass.

Posted by KevSlider

My only gripe is that there is no Rahzhel as the announcer/music maker.

Posted by Dany

ITS VERY COMPLICATED!!!!

Posted by falling_fast

looks surprisingly fun

Posted by pandorasbox

Man, there sure are a lot of menus in this quicklook.

Edited by CptBedlam

Could someone please clear up the MP-confusion? I though it was Trackmania-style ... several live players on the same track but now Ryan says it's only ghosts. Is he confused about what "ghost" means or am I misinformed?

Posted by rmanthorp

@CptBedlam said:

Could someone please clear up the MP-confusion? I though it was Trackmania-style ... several live players on the same track but now Ryan says it's only ghosts. Is he confused about what "ghost" means or am I misinformed?

Misinformed. In Global Events: There will ALWAYS be JUST ONE ghost that is one bracket above you from another player (just in-case you are alone) after that one ghost (who looks different) all the other ghosts are live real time racers who you can't knock into. I'm not toooo sure on how many ghost will be on screen at once as there can be up to something like 1000+ players on one track, I'm willing to guess that only 4 real ghosts and the 1 fake will show up at any one time. I hope I'm wrong and all the ghosts appear.

Posted by James_Giant_Peach

Had to stop watching after about 10 seconds when Ryan says he's 'Dug pretty deep in the game' and then immediately after that, continues "There's no live online multiplayer"...

Yes there is.

For once, do the tiniest bit of research eh?

Posted by MidianGTX

There are a few misconceptions in that video... the first one I noticed being the rewind feature. If you crash in a Trick It event and then rewind, there's no way you'll be able to instantly make up for the points you just lost. Your combo score is GONE. If you had a 1 million combo score and 20x multiplier, you just lost 20 million points with that crash, and rewinding won't restore it, you'll just start from scratch again. What's more, if you fail to make up for the negative point value you got from performing the rewind, you'll then have that negative value multiplied by 20. It's very punishing.

Edited by CptBedlam

@rmanthorp said:

@CptBedlam said:

Misinformed. In Global Events: There will ALWAYS be JUST ONE ghost that is one bracket above you from another player (just in-case you are alone) after that one ghost (who looks different) all the other ghosts are live real time racers who you can't knock into. I'm not toooo sure on how many ghost will be on screen at once as there can be up to something like 1000+ players on one track, I'm willing to guess that only 4 real ghosts and the 1 fake will show up at any one time. I hope I'm wrong and all the ghosts appear.

I know about the one ghost but I don't consider players I see in real-time "ghosts". That'd mean that in Trackmania you only race against ghosts. No, there's just no collision detection. "Ghosts" are basically recorded performances, not live players.

1:10 ... other players are on the track in real-time. So this basically IS like the Trackmania MP. This IS live MP, just without collision detection.

Posted by deltaalphabravo

Did that just take 30secs to load a main menu?

Posted by George_Hukas

You would think the physics in the game would be on point

Posted by rmanthorp

@CptBedlam: Yeah. It's Trackmania, if Trackmania had one recorded ghost for you. I just want to know how many ghosts you will see. I have a feeling it won't be all of them. :<

Posted by Napalm

Well this looks awesome. And that soundtrack. My god.

Posted by fusrodah

More Coonce Looks, please.

Posted by Nurve

Can't wait to play it!

Posted by Praise_the_sun

Anyone think Jeff Coonce sounds a bit like Stuttering Craig?

Edited by CptBedlam

@rmanthorp said:

@CptBedlam: Yeah. It's Trackmania, if Trackmania had one recorded ghost for you. I just want to know how many ghosts you will see. I have a feeling it won't be all of them. :<

Yeah, probably just a handful.

Posted by cosi83

yay extreme sports! coooooool

Posted by Chazzi27

I already wanted this game...and now I need to find someway to make 60 bucks quick. Blood and Sperm banks perhaps?

Posted by phrosnite

Did Ryan say that the Auto log was from NFS Most Wanted? lol

Posted by AllanIceman

Count on to make a Groundhogs Day reference. Now It's SSX time!

Posted by samcotts

@locolukah said:

Looks like a button masher...will pass.

It's certainly not if you want to be actually good at it.

Posted by samcotts

There's a lot more challenge to the game than Ryan lead on, vs other players. You have to be very skilled and know exactly what you're doing to get the highscores. It's easy to look like you're amazing at the game, but to actually be a skilled player, it's nowhere near as simple and button mashy.

Edited by MeatSim

Man that really is a lot of drops and that soundtrack is perfect.

Posted by falpatrick

@James_Giant_Peach said:

Had to stop watching after about 10 seconds when Ryan says he's 'Dug pretty deep in the game' and then immediately after that, continues "There's no live online multiplayer"...

Yes there is.

For once, do the tiniest bit of research eh?

He said there is no HEAD-TO-HEAD multiplayer, which there is not.

Posted by bhhawks78

Really bummed they went hot pursuit style single player.

As someone who gives 0 shits about leaderboards it makes games that revolve around that super boring.

Posted by mosdl

Trickypedia...best thing ever or worst thing ever?