79 Comments
  • 79 results
Posted by Alex

No sense in dragging this one out. BioShock Infinite, that game that you've probably been desperately anticipating since last E3 when the collective video game industry suddenly found itself whipped into a crazed frenzy over it, finally has a release date.

Irrational let it be known on its website today that players in North America will be able to get their hands on Infinite on October 16 of this very year, while international folk will get their chance on October 19.

It's worth noting that the PC version of Infinite will be coming at the same time as its console counterparts. Specifically, it's worth noting that because of how infrequently that happens nowadays.

Odds are we won't hear too much more about the game until round about E3 time this year, but with any luck, by then we'll actually be able to sit down and play the thing. That'd be great, as I've been dying to know how all that skyhook craziness actually works in practice. It looks like absolute voodoo when you're watching someone else do it.

Staff Online
Posted by IAmNotBatman

Shocktober?

Posted by Drace
@IAmNotBatman

Shocktober?

Approved.
Posted by yoshimitz707

Woo, a week before my birthday! I don't have to pay for this!

Posted by BonOrbitz

It's worth noting that the PC version of Infinite will be coming at the same time as its console counterparts. Specifically, it's worth noting that because of how infrequently that happens nowadays.

PHEW. When I saw the date I figured it was for all platforms, but had a wee bit o' doubt in the back of my mind.

Posted by Wuddel
Posted by Pop

FUCK YES! I can't hold my pants cause my bowels are so happy that they can't stop evacuating!

Posted by Morningstar

This is going to be soooo goood!

Posted by nick_verissimo

Perfect! That gives me almost a whole month to do everything in Borderlands 2. Well played 2K distribution team, well played indeed.

Posted by Evilsbane

O.O SQUEEEEEEEE! It releases like right before my Birthday Happy fucking birthday to you to 2K!

Posted by RetroVirus

Can't wait!

Posted by doobie

top of my want list that for sure

Posted by Zinc

Sweet! My Birthday is on October 15th. Great timing!

Posted by mustachioeugene

I find this infinitely fascinating.

Posted by Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Possibly my most wanted game ever. Though I have to wonder what we'll see in the way of pre-order "bonuses", online passes, collector's editions and such.

Posted by mbr2

Bioshock Infinite in October you say? Hopefully Columbia won't... *puts on sunglasses* Fall. YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Edited by Branthog

I really enjoyed the first two Bioshocks -- and I'll play this on launch, too -- but I just can't seem to get particularly excited over it. I'm not sure if it's the overly cartoonish art-style or the annoying female or that I'm not a fan of a game where I'm going to spend most of my time with sweaty palms as I try not to fall off of things at great heights. Or maybe it's just that I fear they're going to smudge yet another potentially awesome experience with more shitty "protect the little sister from the invading daddies" scenarios.

Posted by DrDarkStryfe

Good date. It should come out at a time that will be before the madness that is the holiday shopping season.

Posted by Progman9000

October you say? Where's my time machine?

Posted by MachoFantastico

The Game of 2012... calling it!

Posted by spilledmilkfactory

This is by far my most anticipated game of the year. Good to finally have a date

Posted by Brendan

Yes? Yes.

Posted by WJist

I get the feeling GOTY is going to be a lot more difficult this year with all the high quality releases we've had so far. Dogpile it on, Bioshock!

Posted by BBQBram

That's three days before my birthday...

I BOW DOWN TO YOU LEVINE

Posted by Sporkbane

@Wuddel said:

Pretty much yeah

Posted by Ravenlight

Awesome. Now to preserve myself in cryostasis until October.

Posted by Atlas

Quite easily my most anticipated game of 2012. In Levine we trust! October can't come quick enough.

Posted by PresidentOfJellybeans

Until it gets pushed back to early 2013.

Posted by AuthenticM

Totally buying this.

Posted by firecracker22

So...Bioshock Infinite, Assassin's Creed III, and Borderlands 2.

So far, it looks like I might end up very broke by the end of this year.

Posted by Rolento

Hooray? I guess? System Shock 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, but Bioshock wasn't really even close to as good, in my opinion. I'm sure I'll buy it, 'cause that's how I roll, but I'm really not all that excited for it, and didn't understand all the sperging people did about it last E3. Here's hoping for a pleasant surprise.

Posted by Zippedbinders

@Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497 said:

Possibly my most wanted game ever. Though I have to wonder what we'll see in the way of pre-order "bonuses", online passes, collector's editions and such.

As far as I know, 2K hasn't jumped onto the online pass bandwagon. So you don't have to worry about that one.

Posted by Suicrat

Great, I was hoping I wouldn't have to buy a new gaming PC till after the start of Obama's second term.

Posted by probablytuna

Day one purchase for sure. Can't wait.

Posted by WouldYouKindly

Did I imagine this or at last E3 did Jack Tretton announce that Infinite will come with the original Bioshock game bundled for PS3 owners?

Posted by MordeaniisChaos

Man, I love having an October birthday, so many great games always come out within like a week of my birthday.

Posted by amir90

Ahhhh yeah!

Posted by FinalBoss

This is my most anticipated game right now. Can't wait!

Posted by vonFlampanker

We've got this game's setting, Assassin's Creed 3's setting and an election coming up. Americana weirdness abounds. It's going to be great.

Posted by Rayeth

Announcing a day and date PC release is NOT the same as actually delivering a day and date PC release. Many times we see companies delay PC versions for weeks or months afterward. I would be thrilled for simultaneous release, but until that day is there and I see it on Steam, no dice.

Posted by Cyrisaurus

Did they... did they tone down Elizabeth's bust size? :/

Posted by Xpgamer7

I still think the cartoonish breast size worked with the cartoonish nature of the art. Everytime I see her looking realistic in proportions I find a disconnect with the art. I should really get used to it.

Edited by BombKareshi

Last year I was waiting all year until October for Arkham City. It looks like this year I'm waiting till October again, only this time for Bioshock Infinite.

Posted by theredcoat24

a new Assassins Creed and a new Bioshock.... October is gonna be my favorite month

Posted by Lazyaza

@Cyrisaurus said:

Did they... did they tone down Elizabeth's bust size? :/

She never had a large bust size so much as really prominent cleavage. Given Ken Levine himself complained about people always talking about her boobs I wouldn't be surprised if they did modify her somewhat though.

Posted by G24S

God damn titties!

Posted by Jayesslee

Take my money now please.

Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles

@FinalBoss said:

This is my most anticipated game right now. Can't wait!
Posted by captainbojangles

can't wait for this one!

• 79 results