277 Comments
Posted by Duffyside

@andrewf87462 said:

Yeah Brad really panics, i've never heard anything like it before. If it was me doing a "quick look" of a game, I would definitely be more prepared.

Too bad the rest of the site and its relations would fall to shit. But boy, those Quick Looks would be aces I'm sure!

Posted by satansmagichat

Thanks or the PSA at the end. Don't beat yourself up, Brad. You did a community service.

Posted by Winsord

@sear said:

Man, is it just me or is there crazy over-aggressive culling going on? Lots of pop-in on the extreme edges of the level geometry when the camera moves fast.

Also, this game is extremely grey and ugly, and seems a lot less interesting in practice than it was in concept. Shame.

Yeah, I noticed that crazy geometry pop-in almost instantly; bugged me through the entire quick look. :/

Posted by Cyrisaurus

Why didn't they just make this game black and white? It's like 1% saturation. I honestly can't stand the way it looks, and I usually don't mind grey/brown games.

Posted by Metal_Mills
@andrewf87462 said:

Yeah Brad really panics, i've never heard anything like it before. If it was me doing a "quick look" of a game, I would definitely be more prepared.

If you were doing a quick look you'd sound stuttery and pathetic like a new intern because of the mics and recording.
Posted by Romination

This game was weird. Remember when this was a huge thing that Ubisoft was putting a lot behind and it was going to be a big release? Then it gets scrapped and put on the Splinter cell Conviction engine and no one knows what's going on with it and then it gets dumped unceremoniously? What the hell happened to it?

Posted by MeatSim

Brad doesn't make this game seem fun but I will download the trial version and find out for myself at some point.

Posted by Axersia

I AM ALIVE! 
IN MY MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND!

Edited by Phatmac

This game looks terrible. Won't be buying it anytime soon.

Posted by zyn

GO BRAD!!! CLIMB!!!

Posted by christ0phe

Please don't base your decision on this game on Brad's playing

Posted by TeflonBilly

I just wish Brad would stop getting all exasperated and give up all the time on Quick Looks.

I'm not usually one to whine about Brad being bad at moments in games, but he just deflates the QL a whole lot when he seems to decide it's crap because he gets frustrated over something that most of the time is pretty obvious. Hence why I was very happy that he reviewed a game like Asura's Wrath despite sounding so down on it in the QL.

I think Brad's a great writer and likes his reviews, but his tendency to let frustration tinge his tone in some QL does detract from his mostly insightful commentary. Thankfully, Vinny was there to act as a cooler to the whole situation.

Had it been Patrick or Ryan they'd probably goad Brad into getting more fed up.

Posted by Aarny91

@D0tti said:

Feel like Brad's not paying so much attention, because on his first try against those 4 dudes, he picked up a new bullet right after shooting that other guy with the gun and said "i'm out off bullets" and ended up dead :P.

I'm convinced all of the Giant Bomb team are dyslexic, bar Vinny.

Edited by Gatehouse

Random trivia for you all, the term Jerry Can comes from a English nick name for the cans of fuel on the side of German vehicles in WW2 (Jerry was slang for a German). Also, game looks...... interesting.

Posted by rudyarr

I'm with vinny I kind am liking this game. Reminds me of The Book of Eli movie. with his machete. I am now going to watch that movie :)

Posted by ValiantGrizzly

I'm torn. This looks kind of janky, but this also looks like an intense experience that I'd enjoy. Like Brad said, there's something to be said for a game that forces you to make snap decisions and makes you feel like your life really is at stake.

Posted by Moncole

@TentPole said:

GameInformer just gave it a pretty high 8.5

IGN does not agree.

Since when do people take IGN reviews seriously?

Posted by CyleMoore

@Moncole said:

@TentPole said:

IGN does not agree.

I know I don't, I abandoned that website over a year ago.

Posted by Javes

For $15 I think I'll end up getting this. Not until I'm finished with Mass Effect 3 of course.

Posted by kozmo7

You guys are being too rough on Brad again. The game can be clunky and it's not always evident of where to go at times. It has some cool ideas but it's not perfect. To top it off, he lost his save at the end so he could show off the game properly. Lighten up a bit or just go play it yourselves rather than being dicks on the Internet.

Edited by emem

I have a feeling that it might get repetitive, but it looks great.

Posted by outerabiz

I Am Indifferent.

Posted by Sackmanjones

I love reading the first 3 or so comments where everyone is trying to get that damn quest. It amuses me.

Posted by yesac2004

According to Google Maps it would only take 40 days to walk across the country

Posted by myslead

silly brad

Posted by Ronald

@BobJustBob said:

I think Vinny was right about that spot being the place to get across. You couldn't make the jump when standing, and you couldn't make it hanging from the pipe, but it looked like you could maybe do it from the middle position where you're hanging from the ledge with your feet on the pipe. Then your hands are lined up with a bit of ledge on the other side and maybe you could have grabbed that and shimmied across to the other platform.

My guess too. Especially as the game seemed to be telling Brad to go that way when he would climb back up to the middle piece and it would try to move him to the left and he would yell that it was not letting him climb the whole way up. Always listen to Vinny, he was also right about how to get into that room.

Posted by TurboMan

The end is heart breaking....

I kind of dig this game.

Posted by AndrewB

It's survival horror, except the horror is the evil which lies in the hearts of men!

Posted by Ronald

@Moncole said:

@TentPole said:

IGN does not agree.

I look less at what site it is and more on who reviewed it, and what kind of games they enjoy. I also tend to look at how they feel about other games I've enjoyed. So, I would be more inclined with reading Tim Turi's review and taking it into account than with Greg Miller's.

Posted by Protome

A game that has been in development for a silly long time, then comes out and seems to be pretty bad. Shocking.

Also why are all the menus ripped straight from the first Gears of War?

Posted by Sammo21

"Now what am I going to do?!" You are going to pull a Brad, play the game incorrectly, and then wonder why it turned out that way.

Posted by Butano

@SASnake said:

Most of these animations are from Splinter Cell Convictions :/

Well, it is built off of that engine, so that makes sense.

Usually not a fan of survival horror games, but for some reason this interests me. Probably cause I'm a sucker for the post-apocalyptic genre. $15 seems fair to me given what I've seen.

Posted by Beaudacious

God dammit Vinny: " What about that rope? "

Ya what about that rope, why doesn't he use it? Why isn't it in you inventory? Inconsistency straight from the get go. I know its just a rope, but it seems like a really important and valuable tool in a survival game right on your character the WHOLE game.

Posted by kre8havoc

@BeachThunder: It stands for Economic Development Corporation of Elkhart County.

You see, I am an Elkhart for life.

Posted by DarkbeatDK

This looks pretty neat. I'll get it!

I can understand why some people might not find it exciting, because they have conditioned to only feel joy from games when they can fire a gun or kill someone or something. That's fine I guess... It's an interesting way to play video games, if not a bit limiting. I mean, they probably won't mind playing most modern games, since killing is what they are all about.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in other survival games, check out Raw Danger or Disaster Report. To some extend also Fragile Dreams, which isen't really about survival in the same way, but has a lot of the same mood. I did a video review of it you can watch too, if you want to.

Posted by Goto10

Holy laughably sad ending, Brad.

Posted by TeflonBilly

@Beaudacious said:

God dammit Vinny: " What about that rope? "

Ya what about that rope, why doesn't he use it? Why isn't it in you inventory? Inconsistency straight from the get go. I know its just a rope, but it seems like a really important and valuable tool in a survival game right on your character the WHOLE game.

Posted by JackSukeru

Kinda into it. It looks janky and the only one save without even letting you keep your unlocked chapters seem super dumb, but the climbing around and conserving your resources is neat and the price tag doesn't hurt either.

Posted by Abendlaender

People complaining about Brad playing a videogame?

What is this, Bizarro world?

Posted by MarkWahlberg

That save wipe is some really bad shit. Can't even believe someone let that get into the game.

Edited by EternalGamer2

It's funny how all the complaints about Brad being bad at games has only made him become passive aggressive towards games he might die in.

Dude, it's ok to die in a game every now and then. It doesn't mean the game sucks.

Posted by JuanPollo

Jesus Vinny. Stop yelling. I have a hangover. Why are you always yelling? Distorting the microphone. Awful.

Posted by fox01313

Well I know what this guy in the game can do with that one bullet. Should be an achievement for ending the game early after seeing all the chaos that started all this apocalypse.

Posted by Draxyle

Ooh, a Silent Hill-esque map. That's a nice touch.

Posted by Kratch

Get pumped for my upcoming Xbox Live Arcade title, "Old Stinky Arm."

Posted by cikame

Thanks brad, thanks.

Posted by Residentrevil2

I am alive. I will get this...

Posted by Jonny_Anonymous

I'm gutted the made this game just download, In was really looking forward to it but now I wont be getting it

Posted by AngelN7

"Get Fucked" - Brad Shoemaker , you're the best Brad!

Posted by AndrewB

I love the different reactions people have to the same games.

Yeah yeah, clunky controls. Still, this game looks interesting. I hesitate to say good, but... different.