171 Comments
  • 171 results
Posted by CornBREDX

This looks great. I can't wait to play this now. I didn't know what to expect from this one, but it looks really good.

TellTale still going strong looks like. Jurassic Park was just a speed bump =P

Posted by Winsord

Wow, $5? I think I'm going to have to pick this up. Haven't read the comics or watched the show, but seems interesting enough and the game looks actually fun.

Edited by Zaxex

I watched Swiftor play through this the other day on TwitchTV; I was really impressed. With the very little information I had about it going in, I thought it would be one of the worst of Telltale's recent offering but I'd say It's one of their best in years. It manages to be scary on occasion and develop characters you care about. It looks really nice too.

I'm more interested in seeing or playing the rest of the 5 chapter game than watching any more of the TV series at this point. And after seeing it played I want to go in and make my own decisions.

Edit: Why did they skip the intro?

Posted by MeatSim

You would think clumsy people would be the first to go in the zombie apocalypse.

Posted by bybeach

@the_fart_wizard said:

Zombies? I can't "meh" hard enough.

That should be my attitude. Then a zombie bit me in the knee...

I'm getting this game, the go-to bad guys of Western pop-culture scored themselves another job it looks like.

Posted by Terranova

@Zaxex said:

I watched Swiftor play through this the other day on TwitchTV; I was really impressed. With the very little information I had about it going in, I thought it would be one of the worst of Telltale's recent offering but I'd say It's one of their best in years. It manages to be scary on occasion and develop characters you care about. It looks really nice too.

I'm more interested in seeing or playing the rest of the 5 chapter game than watching any more of the TV series at this point. And after seeing it played I want to go in and make my own decisions.

Edit: Why did they skip the intro?

they said the intro was a good zombie apocalyptic setup and was something you should see for yourself.

Edited by Mezmero

I sort of pity you guys for not reading much or any of the comics. I too am a huge fan of zombie apocalypse fiction and reading the graphic novel just blew me away right from the get go. Kirkman's writing really does redefine the dangers of slow zombies in a very digestible fashion and his human drama elements are great as well. And you also get a lot of great body horror in Charlie Adlard's art which just gets better as the series goes. Let me be clear: The Walking Dead IS what got me back into comics after about a decade or so of me not really paying attention to them. After getting deeper in the story I started checking out the back catalog of stuff I missed and even some classics. In this digital age it's also a lot easier to sift through stuff you wouldn't want to read.

This game looks pretty cool for a console adventure game. I think I'm sold on getting different survivor stories on a per episode or season basis. At least the voices are better than Heavy Rain's. Great video as always guys! Do more of them!

Posted by Andy_117

HOLY CRAP THIS LOOKS AMAZING.

Dear Telltale - I forgive you. ...also, with this looking so astoundingly pretty and polished as hell, I can't wait to see how they continue Monkey Island and Sam & Max especially taking their experience with this and the AAA-ish Jurassic Park. Telltale is good. They make good games. ...I can't believe I ever thought they could lose their touch.

Posted by GalacticPunt

They really seemed to make the perfect horror game, based on this and the demo. Can't recommend this enough, as long as it's PC (console interface is a little awkward).

Posted by Phatmac

Looks way better than Jurassic Park! Getting this soon.

Posted by Nemesis2K

Homeboy?

Posted by AlKusanagi

But I liked Jurassic Park...

Posted by prestonhedges

"I'd fill one of those tea cups with bourbon if I could."

Ha ha! That brilliant Tell-Tale writing at work!!! /sarcasm

Posted by defcomm

I would play this! Yay for me!

Edited by I_smell

I've never bought a Telltale game before, but boy this looks fuckin sweet. Depending on how much the season pass is, I'll buy it. If only there weren't so many games out now!!

@Nemesis2K said:

Homeboy?

THEY CALL THE PROTAGONIST HOMEBOY IN EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

aaa I scrolled down to see the comments as soon as he said it.

Posted by cikame

Man i totally blanked this game because the tv show isn't my thing but it looks damn interesting, will probably be playing it soon.

Power of the Quick Look!

Posted by justinsimonin

Finished the first episode last night, it's great! I always have this feeling, usually based on nostalgia, that I really want to play a new great adventure game. However, a lot of times when I get around to playing one, outdated game mechanics/ inventory management / horrible voice acting etc can just ruin it for me. Even a lot of the telltale releases I wanted to like them much more than I actually enjoyed them in the end. That being said this is the first adventure game in a long long time that actually nails the right mix of modern game design/ production values with an good old school adventure game. It's hard to pin down all the aspects that make it so much better but this game just "feels" right and has a great story! I can't wait for the next episode!

Posted by Dyram

I like that they have finally mixed in some light direct control of the character. The art style, too, looks pretty amazingly well done.

Only one thing about this bugged me, and it's a classic fault (or a trope if done on purpose, I guess) of film:

The main character is limping the entire time and falling down all over the place. Then they encounter the dudes at the car at around 20 minutes in, two able-bodied guys who can't get the car to budge at all. They hear zombies, so one of the able-bodied guys goes on the lookout while the wounded guy with a limp crouches down and helps to push the car back, putting most of the pressure on his bad leg and not saying a single word, and yet the car moves. That should have been agonizing, if not impossible for him.
Posted by Krakn3Dfx

Wonder why this is $5 more on the PC than the PS3.

When the PC version is $20 as well, I could definitely see picking this up.

Posted by drsalvador

As someone who has a problem with buying faaaaaaaar to many arcade games, I think I may add this game to my addiction collection.

Posted by Ketchupp

Holy shit, I had no interest in this game at all until I saw the part with the hammer.

Posted by ToastMan

I'm really bummed about the animation quality of Telltale.

They really improved on the art style, the engine is a lot more capable and voice acting and writing had always been great. But all of their games really suffer from really poor animation, and this one is no exception.

This is really unfortunate.

Posted by Rocospi

Seriously, what the hell is up with Telltale? Even on the PC, I was getting slight stuttering in certain scenes.

Are the graphics SO INTENSE that my 570 can't handle it?

Posted by spilledmilkfactory

I got burned pretty hard on Jurassic Park, but this looks pretty great

Posted by Jackel2072

Played the first episode last night. i was pretty impressed. a lot of branching paths in the story. really great feeling of tension. and the QTE feel a lot more engaging here, then in other games. i am really looking forward to the next episode. 

Posted by Hector

TellTale did an amazing job. This is the way adventure games should be done for a modern age.

Posted by ds8k

@Gunder: Fucking damn it. Really? I'm so tired of ATi driver problems...

Edited by sethshandor

Played through this on tuesday when it came out on PSN. Liked it a lot. It'll be really interesting seeing where it goes. Fits well with the comics, but I haven't watched the TV show yet.

I liked Jurassic Park too! The hitching on PSN did bug me, however the gameplay in all other respects didn't irk me, and I thought the story and characters were mostly interesting. It was no Back to the Future though, which was AWESOME! I want a second season!

Edited by DeanoXD

So why is it i can find the game for sale and the demo on PSN but i can't find anything about this game on XBL which is where i want to buy it.

Edit: guess i should have waited to post until the end of the quick look.

Guess i will be waiting until tomorrow.

Posted by Shaanyboi

This looks FANTASTIC

Posted by Draxyle

Not the kind of game I would normally go near, but I am legitimately interested.

Posted by lordofultima

One of the standouts so far this year. The character interaction is just great, branching paths, tough decisions. I am eagerly awaiting episode 2-5.

Posted by jt1080

I want this game. Fucking love how TellTale has single handidly (well, along with indie devs) kept this genre alive. As someone who mainly missed most of the classics on PC in early/mid 90s..I love this; I get to play catch-up with the classics and still enjoy new, modern adventure games.

Posted by TheHumanDove

Another patrick quicklook? I say good day!

Posted by OriginalGman

Jesus, that little girl is so fucking adorable. She may as well be Nanako. I almost don't want to play this game, because you KNOW she's going to get bitten or hurt somehow, and some choices may even lead to her dying. Too much pressure, man.

Posted by Ett

Patrick Klepek and Ryan Davis keep saying 5 buck 5 buck guess thats psn only? Because I only can find €25 version on steam. Very disappointing I wanted too play this one. but am not going too pay €25 now and wait and hope the other ones will be of the same quality this one looks.

Posted by SpiralEye

"Hey, Sandra, this is Diana. We're still in Savannah."

Posted by VargasPrime

So the season pass on the PS3 version is $20, not $25 like the Steam version?

Hm... was going to get it on PC, but if that's the case, I'll go with PSN.

Posted by artraider

Patrick I don't believe you are from the Midwest, if you had never heard of Hot dish ever. I am from Wisconsin, I grew up on the stuff.

Posted by radioactivez0r

This game has taught me that the best puzzles are the ones where you have to figure out how to disable and/or kill 6 zombies without being eaten. Also, Clem is just an angel. Looking forward to playing through it a few times and making different decisions (like LETTING EVERYONE DIE)

Posted by crusader8463

I really enjoyed this game. I just hate that it's going to take so dam long to get another episode. Think I will just be waiting until it's done then play them all at once. I was just really getting into the plight of these folks when it ended, but I hope it's not just a series of one off stories involving the main cast from the comics in each one. I have no patience to wait for new episodes. The waiting keeps me from enjoying the story.

Posted by gbrading

Nice to hear good things about this: Jurassic Park was a shambles so it's good to see that Telltale haven't lost the magic yet. Will probably pick this up at some point, but not right off the bat.

Posted by maxB

wow this looks really good

Posted by squidlauncherOHYEAHH

This looks awesome. I'm really impressed.

Posted by patrickklepek

@artraider said:

Patrick I don't believe you are from the Midwest, if you had never heard of Hot dish ever. I am from Wisconsin, I grew up on the stuff.

Illinois. I've never heard hot dish!

Staff Online
Posted by NoRemnants

I usually don't mind Patrick but come on man, we don't need a monologue for the first 5 minutes of a quick look.

Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials

Subtitles under GAMEPLAY? When there's a clearly labeled "Audiovisual" category?

We need some sort of organization in this industry that issues rules for these things.

Posted by Chazzi27

Damn this actually looks good (I missed out on Jurrasic Park for free [it was a PSN deal]) but after the Quick Look of that I didn't feel bad.) Now I have to finally break down and buy one of these episodic Telltale Games...hmm maybe it'll be on sale when all 5 episodes come out.

Posted by Draxyle

@OriginalGman said:

Jesus, that little girl is so fucking adorable. She may as well be Nanako. I almost don't want to play this game, because you KNOW she's going to get bitten or hurt somehow, and some choices may even lead to her dying. Too much pressure, man.

When I saw her shyly hiding behind the guy, I thought of Nanako from the start of P4 immediately as well. There's certainly a resemblance.

But yea, no way in heck are they putting a kid into the game without you having to save them or something.

Posted by crusader8463

The biggest problem I had with this game was that timer to pick your choices. Half the time I wouldn't even have enough time to read my choices let alone give it a second thought as to what I want to do.

• 171 results