171 Comments
  • 171 results
Posted by Beaudacious

I'm not sure if the writing is bad in homage to bad zombie movie writing, or unknowingly bad. I thought the WalkingDead TV show was paying homage to old zombie movies, it turned out to simply be bad writing. So my hopes for this are pretty much as low as can be, and watching this quicklook i think i'll have to pass.

Btw i love how the police officer was crawling in the same spot till you got the ammo and the gun. They could of at least hid that better, to not ruin all the tension.

Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials

To me hot dish was always interchangeable with goulash.

Posted by Duckbutter

there's alotta bad stuff in this game that would usually get a sarcastic or negative response from Davis and Klepek. no negative talk or mockery in this quicklook though. this is a special quicklook. it's special.

Edited by sethshandor

@patrickklepek said:

@artraider said:

Patrick I don't believe you are from the Midwest, if you had never heard of Hot dish ever. I am from Wisconsin, I grew up on the stuff.

Illinois. I've never heard hot dish!

I'm from Illinois too and definitely have heard of hot dish.

Posted by HarlequinRiot

@Ett said:

Patrick Klepek and Ryan Davis keep saying 5 buck 5 buck guess thats psn only? Because I only can find €25 version on steam. Very disappointing I wanted too play this one. but am not going too pay €25 now and wait and hope the other ones will be of the same quality this one looks.

It looks like Steam only has the "season" for sale, which is kind of a shame because that prohibits people from just trying it out for a few bucks.

Posted by Tsuchikage

This looks good, especially for $5.

Posted by RichieJohn

Glad I preordered.

Best Telltale game and best Zombie game in one. Bravo.

I played with minimal UI and I really think that's the way you should play.

Also the QTE's on the PC have you mash Q then E I really think they should have put a T in the middle.

Edited by BrockNRolla

I fail to understand why they kept pointing out "jokes" in this QL. Maybe it's because they know what is going on behind the scenes with development, but very little of this game appears to be comical to me.

Posted by UitDeToekomst

meh. uninteresting story, manufactured emotion, overdone antagonists, time limits, gameplay that doesn't appear to be compelling. i believe i will pass on this.

Posted by lclay

this looks good i'm pretty pleased

Posted by Vinchenzo

Patrick is quickly destroying the quality of these quick looks.

Posted by jasondesante

thats a unicorn and its shitting

Posted by Boosh

Ryan and Patrick just gave me a great idea. Now that Telltale is doing better at these more action-based adventure games, there is one property they need to do. NEED. X-files.

Edited by Encephalon

Appears to be an improvement on what Telltale tried with Jurassic Park. Good on 'em.

Incidentally, I hope the writing and characterization is better than the TV show.

Posted by Detrian
As per walking dead rules, all kids wear hats.

@HarlequinRiot said:

@Ett said:

Patrick Klepek and Ryan Davis keep saying 5 buck 5 buck guess thats psn only? Because I only can find €25 version on steam. Very disappointing I wanted too play this one. but am not going too pay €25 now and wait and hope the other ones will be of the same quality this one looks.

It looks like Steam only has the "season" for sale, which is kind of a shame because that prohibits people from just trying it out for a few bucks.

Because finding a way to test games on computers is just sooooo hard, right?

The game looks decent for all it's worth. It's just a bummer that the chapters in any Telltale product always vary so much in quality.
Posted by fox01313

Like how they did the controls on this, seems pretty good & will pick it up at some point (probably steam sale) as seems like fun.

Posted by beard_of_zeus
@crusader8463 said:

I really enjoyed this game. I just hate that it's going to take so dam long to get another episode. Think I will just be waiting until it's done then play them all at once. I was just really getting into the plight of these folks when it ended, but I hope it's not just a series of one off stories involving the main cast from the comics in each one. I have no patience to wait for new episodes. The waiting keeps me from enjoying the story.

I always have the opposite problem where I end up playing these episodic games after they are all out, and try to play them one right after another, and get burned out about halfway through.

This looks better than I was expecting, so I decided to pick up the season pass on PSN and get on the train early. I like the idea of having one of these mini-adventures to look forward to every month. Thanks for the QL, gents.
Posted by sethshandor

@Boosh said:

Ryan and Patrick just gave me a great idea. Now that Telltale is doing better at these more action-based adventure games, there is one property they need to do. NEED. X-files.

I'd much rather they keep utilizing those Universal licenses and go for Quantum Leap. It fits Telltale perfectly!

Posted by ch3burashka

I don't know where 'hot dish' comes from, but the innkeeper in Puzzle Agent, another Telltale product, kept talking about her hot dish, and it was set in Minnesota(?).

Speaking of, hows about we get Puzzle Agent 3 up and running?

Posted by NickL

@UitDeToekomst said:

meh. uninteresting story, manufactured emotion, overdone antagonists, time limits, gameplay that doesn't appear to be compelling. i believe i will pass on this.

Can't tell if this is a joke or not but I got some hands on time with this game myself (I'll buy the 360 version tomorrow) and I completely disagree with you on every single point.

Posted by Ronald

Can we start complaining about how the ending of the last episode is the worst thing ever for not tying every decision made into it now, or wait until it comes out?

Posted by UitDeToekomst

@NickL said:

@UitDeToekomst said:

Can't tell if this is a joke or not but I got some hands on time with this game myself (I'll buy the 360 version tomorrow) and I completely disagree with you on every single point.

nope, i was completely serious. but, having not played it, i am only basing my thoughts on the impressions i got from this Quick Look. if you have played it and gotten a diametrically opposed viewpoint than i hope you are right and i am (un)dead wrong. i never want a game to be bad.

Posted by gerp

the hot dish was a reference to hotel lady in Puzzle Agent

Posted by Savutano

@Vinchenzo said:

How so? I think he's doing a pretty good job.

Posted by nixatron

@Bluntman: because he talks to much without being entertaining. just me

Posted by Cheekyank

btw if you look at the blood stain on the kitchen floor, you wont slip in it. the first time at least.

Posted by tourgen

this looks really good

Posted by Razorlution

Bought!!

Posted by hagridore

@Vinchenzo: Thanks for sharing. I'm sure your efforts will effect change at the Giant Bomb.

Posted by TheHumanDove

This game is amazing

Posted by ikaruga

is the premium player super laggy for any one else, I can't even use the streaming mode at all, have to use progressive or youtube to watch

Posted by Recombinant

@Bluntman: Yeah im not sure where all this Patrick hate is coming from, i never had a problem with him

Posted by rudyarr

damn they talk so much ahaha.

already played through the first episode anyway. Really enjoying it

Posted by BisonHero

@ds8k said:

@Gunder: Fucking damn it. Really? I'm so tired of ATi driver problems...

I guess people can have their reasons for favouring one hardware manufacturer over another, but seriously guys, I can think of at least half a dozen games I've heard about having issues with ATI cards or problems having to do with ATI drivers. I've heard about zero issues related to Nvidia cards recently. Evidently video game developers are giving more support to Nvidia users or it's an easier hardware configuration to code for, but this has been going on for long enough that people should take the hint whenever they're next building a PC/choosing a laptop.

Edited by BisonHero

@gerp said:

the hot dish was a reference to hotel lady in Puzzle Agent

I understand that Telltale made this game as well as Puzzle Agent, but that seems to be a pointless reference for a random character to make. Then again, "hot dish" doesn't really fit the region The Walking Dead is in, so I really don't know what they were going for.

Posted by Milkman
@Bluntman said:

@Vinchenzo said:

How so? I think he's doing a pretty good job.

He's a troll. Ignore him. It baffles me that mods don't immediately ban assholes like him. 

Anyway, this seems absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to try it.
Posted by Tordah

Looking pretty solid. Telltale does it again!

Posted by RJPelonia

I read the comic which honestly I only mildly enjoyed. Never watched the show. But after watching this Quick Look, I just might get this game anyway. I can never turn down a good adventure game.

Posted by Eyz

Looks decent enough :P

Though honestly I prefer modern adventure games from the guys who made the Runaway series or the guys from Jack Keane. Telltale games feel always sort of rushed and "empty"..

Posted by EveretteScott

annnnnnnd BOUGHT

Posted by Jolt92

This game looks really awesome.

Posted by Hulkamaniac

"The following program is brought to you by...." What I keep expecting to hear from the main character.

Posted by oneman_nohorse

This looks...good.

Edited by Goblin

Finally a Telltale game with a consistent framerate and no hiccup when you do story-progressing actions.

Everything else about it seems great too. I'm thoroughly impressed, despite zombies.

Posted by teh_destroyer

@the_fart_wizard said:

Zombies? I can't "meh" hard enough.

Then why did you come here when you knew that zombies are going to be involved? Fuck it, gonna buy this first episode here, you all talked me into it.

Posted by Hoshnasi

What did I just watch, if the shotgun is empty you don't have to feed the magazine. Just load the receiver through the ejection port.

Posted by paulwade1984

@Hoshnasi: Yeah I noticed this too. This is what happens when dev's use hollywood for inspiration instead of getting some real consultation.

Posted by SHADOWINFINITE

buying the season pass for this game

Posted by Bakumatsu

@VargasPrime said:

So the season pass on the PS3 version is $20, not $25 like the Steam version?

Hm... was going to get it on PC, but if that's the case, I'll go with PSN.

And you know what is even shittier? Here in Europe the Steam version is €25. That's 33$ more or less. Almost 15 bucks more than the PSN version.

Posted by SmilingPig

It’s really well made but I suggest waiting until all five episodes are out to buy it, because episode one is only about 1h 30min.

• 171 results