121 Comments
  • 121 results
Posted by Zirilius

@Noct said:

@CosmicQueso said:

@Efesell said:

@Noct said:

$29.99? Man that seems steep for DLC, no? Have any other single game expansions come out at that high a price-point?

Perhaps it's going to be a stand-alone ala Undead Nightmare? That would be fantastic, I sold SR3 months ago...

$29.99 is kind of the standard expansion pack price as I recall.

My goodness, I must be getting old, because I still think of Half Life Blue Shift and the Quake Mission Packs as expansion packs. For you youngsters out there, Expansion Packs used to come on computer discs (CD-ROMs or even floppies!) and you would need the regular game to play them. They were $40 or $50. It was a simpler, yet more complicated time where everything was more expensive, you had to build your own computers to run the noise, hard drives came in MBs not TBs, Voodoo 2 cards were the shiz and monitors weighed 90 pounds. I wish all of you could have experienced those times when we were happy to pay $50 for an expansion pack because there was nothing else to play but Daikatana!

Now you're all spoiled with your DLCs and DVDs and LCDs and SSDs, not to mention your STD's and ADDs.

Get off my lawn whippersnapper!

Heh, I'm 37... and a developer. Trust me, I'm with ya. And no matter what the reasoning or what else was out there, we should have never, ever played Daikatana. =)

I wasn't talking about disk-based expansions to PC games though, I was specifically talking about console-based, DLC that is NOT on a disk. Some other guys mentioned a couple of other recent expansions in that price arena, so apparently I just don't buy much DLC... It sounded high to me for add-on... Again though, if it's disk-based stand-alone content like we've been seeing more and more for stuff like this, great.

I believe by them calling it an Expansion that is there way of saying it'll have more content then DLC. There is precedence for this before when Shivering Isles came out. It was a downloadable expansion for 29.99 when it came out.

Posted by Levius

I wonder if this would of happened if THQ wasn't desperate for cash right now, as it seems a cheaper way of getting something out there for sale.

Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff

Everyone should play Trouble with Clones if you want to see what Saints Row does with superpowers.

It's awesome.

Edited by Palaeomerus

So this is more like the Lost and the Damned or Ballad of Gay Tony? New stories and missions and stuff but largely set in the same city sandbox? And they are redoing the rules to make the superpowers (from the Saint's Flow) stick as part of the game? Okay. I can probably live with that for $30.

This is basically Crackdown 2 in the sense that Crackdown 2 was just alt-Crackdown with darker colors and mutants? it will be nice not having a zombie gassed area and a broken aircraft carrier in the background and giant gang-pimp-towers all over town. I don't really mind recycling in sandbox games so much.

Posted by Daiphyer

My body is ready.

Posted by TeflonBilly

@Phished0ne said:

YES! I WILL MAKE IT RAIN DOLLAR BILLS ON VOLITION!

Whoa! At first glance I thought Fat Joe(That is him, right?) was wearinga shirt that said Giant Bomb

Posted by Tamaster92

I think I'm in love

Posted by Cramjomlin

This computer monitor does not accept my paper bills and mixed change.

Posted by blacklab
which gives one the impression there is a good bit more content contained within than in the combined efforts of the DLC packs released for the game thus far.

Oh please baby baby please

Posted by Phished0ne

@TeflonBilly said:

@Phished0ne said:

YES! I WILL MAKE IT RAIN DOLLAR BILLS ON VOLITION!

Whoa! At first glance I thought Fat Joe(That is him, right?) was wearinga shirt that said Giant Bomb

Why yes, that is the Fattest of Joes. Also yes the pattern on his shirt does resemble the giant bomb logo. Its kinda funny, maybe just from going on this site so much, the red/white combo just reminds me of giant bomb. ....i wonder what happened to Fat Joe..

Posted by spazmaster666

If this ends up being a lengthy campaign, I'm all in on day one. All of the DLC missions packs have actually pretty good (aside from the Professor Genki one), just too short. So if they can make this like 10-15 hours long, I'm definitely on-board.

Posted by Enigma_2099

Playing up to the game's biggest advantage over GTA. This series is stupid, knows it's stupid, and embraces it's stupidity welcomely... And many of us are all the better for it...

Posted by UberExplodey

The season pass burned me, but I want the dudes at Volition to keep up the crazy. Hope this is good. and worth 30 bones.

Posted by TooSweet

Finished the campaign recently and working my way through the DLC.

Posted by voltronadactylsaurusrex

This is not DLC. This is a standalone boxed expansion pack. That is why it is $30. Read more about it here http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/03/saints-row-the-third-enter-the-dominatrix/

Posted by MiserableLittlePileOfSecrets

Wait. This was a joke? With the way the rest of the game is, I thought this was completely serious from the outset.

Posted by TechHits

@dabobsta said:

My wallet does not deserve this kind of violation.

nice

Posted by Sunspots

You had me at hello, Saints Row. you had me at hello.

Edited by Chtasm

Is this the one where I get to strap it on?

Posted by Creamypies

YOU CAN HAVE MY MONEY! JUST GET THIS TO ME NOW!

Posted by AiurFlux

Wait wait wait. They get people to pay for a season pass promising more Saints Row fun only to deliver shitty DLC generally across the board, then when the season pass runs out they release this, a 30 dollar piece of DLC that is essentially an expansion? And given how shitty the DLC's that tied into the season pass were it stands to reason, and makes logical sense, that this will also be another disappointment.

What in the fuck? Why? What? How? What...?

Die in a ditch THQ.

Posted by GoofyGoober

I already got rid of my copy of the game. All the DLC I played for it was sub-par at best and the game got boring. I hope this delivers for the people who want it.

Posted by MoseSSesoM

I still need to DL and play all the other DLC. Bought the season pass but just had no drive to go back to the game.

Posted by dopplerganger

I want to believe.

Posted by fisk0

Didn't they have superpowers in the DLC, the issue being that they were taken away when completing the mission, rather than something you could screw around with when just enjoying the sandbox world? There was no reason to take that away from the player in the DLC, what if they do that here too?

Posted by PenguinDust

"Zinyak has eyed Earth and its precious natural resources and females with a watchful eye"

Come for the water, stay for the honeys!

I'm excited, I just hope the missions take longer than an hour to finish.

Posted by mrcraggle

Glad this is stand alone. I uninstalled SR:TT yesterday as my harddrive was so close to full.

Posted by TheBrainninja

@Seb said:

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

A succinct summary of my own feelings on the matter.

Posted by ParaParaKing

I'll throw my money at Volition, even if this turns out to be a small mission pack.

Posted by ShaggE

@mrcraggle said:

Glad this is stand alone. I uninstalled SR:TT yesterday as my harddrive was so close to full.

Same here.

Posted by nail1080

@AiurFlux said:

Wait wait wait. They get people to pay for a season pass promising more Saints Row fun only to deliver shitty DLC generally across the board, then when the season pass runs out they release this, a 30 dollar piece of DLC that is essentially an expansion? And given how shitty the DLC's that tied into the season pass were it stands to reason, and makes logical sense, that this will also be another disappointment.

Die in a ditch THQ.

Yeah it seems like a shitty deal for those who bought the season pass, but hey, if you're stupid enough to buy a season pass you deserve to be screwed IMO.

Posted by Razputin

@Tylea002: It is indeed.

Posted by Napalm

Fuck you, Alex. This was my headline first!

Posted by SpaceInsomniac

@AiurFlux said:

Die in a ditch THQ.

I seriously doubt that this will be a disappointment. This will be released at retail and critically reviewed, and the reviews and reception of this expansion will probably largely impact overall sales. Compare that to DLC that was made for customers who had already given THQ their money, and that was probably rushed through during the development of this disc-based add-on.

If it makes you feel any better, your 30 dollars likely funded the development of a kick-ass expansion! That didn't help, did it?

Posted by D_Man_Taylor

I will be getting this. No questions asked. Period.

Posted by Redbullet685

If its a good 10-15 hours of content then I'll buy it for $30.

Posted by Cloudenvy

Consider me cautiously optimistic!

I still feel like $30 is kind of a lot, but we'll see what they cram in there.

Posted by Viking_Funeral
@cyraxible

Awesome. Makes me wish I hadn't bought the season pass but I am game for this.

Seriously. The season pass hasn't really paid off the dividends I was hoping for. I guess if it helped keep THQ around to make this DLC, cool, but... na, ja.
Posted by JeanLuc

Dawnguard now this. 2012 is becoming the year of the return of expansion packs.

Posted by Triumvir

For that pricetag, I'll wait to hear what folks have to say about the expansion's size and quality.

Posted by huser

@nail1080 said:

@AiurFlux said:

Die in a ditch THQ.

Yeah it seems like a shitty deal for those who bought the season pass, but hey, if you're stupid enough to buy a season pass you deserve to be screwed IMO.

Go go solidarity!

Posted by Tim_the_Corsair

Saints Row Expansion Pack.

I am so fucking down

Posted by tourgen

Sounds good. I'll go for a real retail disk expansion. Pretty much done with all DLC though.

Posted by DrJota

No Autotune No Sale!

Posted by DrStrangepork

The season pass content kind of soured me on this game. I will take a wait and see approach on this one.

Posted by DazzHardy

Hehe, Strap it On.

Posted by radioactivez0r

I will happily pay them money and show support for Volition so whoever buys them after THQ falls apart will recognize their value.

Posted by StrainedEyes

Weird that this is a stand-alone retail thing and not really DLC.

Posted by fenixREVOLUTION

This sounds like the DLC people were clamoring for. Should make them pretty happy.

Posted by Sporkbane

Of course volition would announce more SR3 content on April fools. It's only fitting.

• 121 results