295 Comments
Posted by Radar

This seems like a Blizzard's April Fool joke. Blizzard's joke is SOE's reality.

Posted by csl316

Role playing is back!!

Also, I don't trust that dude's constant smiling.

Posted by TobbRobb

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oh god man, how can he look so straightfaced. That disgusting smile combined with trying to sell us on a freaky fucking frog was just perfect.

Posted by Lukeweizer

You won't be "seeing" us in Norath, it's still our characters face. Marketing slogan failed.

Edited by jamesisaacs

RIGHT, SEE!? lmao that was funny and i wanna try it!

Every time i see a female character in-game im gonna be like...

Posted by RedHatDrew

@NegativeCero said:

This just looks bad and that guy was way too excited for this.

I'd be way more excited if he did something like this:

My thoughts exactly.

Posted by MrMazz

The real question you should be asking yourself is Why the Fuck are you playing EQII?

Posted by Dberg

So now MMOs will have deadeyed characters with thousand yard stares. Clearly a much needed improvement.

Posted by PurplePartyRobot

Yes! Voice modulation in an MMO! Now I can finally role-play as a robot-sounding orc, or a robot-sounding gnome!

Actually, the idea of a roborc or a robognome sounds interesting.

Posted by Arrested_Developer

June Fools!

Posted by BelligerentEngine

1: Find some players with lots of gold and gear to spare.

2: Make an :O face.

3: ?????

4: Unlimited gold and gear!

It's fool proof guys!

Posted by CitizenJP

Terrifying.

Edited by Itwongo

RIGHT? YA SEE?? Please come play our game again!

Posted by GonzoSnot

I actually thought this was a prank when I saw it yesterday.

Nah, it's no prank, just disturbing.

Posted by tentaclesex

It's smart to use an existing game as a test platform for this kind of thing. I'm sure the plan is to use it in an upcoming game if they manage to implement it well and get a good response in EQ 2.

It's goofy as hell, but also kinda neat. Also, as terrible as EQ 2 is, I do like those frog guys.

Posted by CookieMonster

The way the frog guy just opens his mouth when he is talking reminds me of the Here Comes Your Man video by Pixies.

Edited by Coafi

The video froze at this exact moment.

I love how the frog character is not even making the same face as him.

Posted by IClavdivs

Looks like a pre-pubescent girl did his make-up.

Posted by WrathOfBanja

Its like John Travolta and Mike Myers had a baby...

Posted by Mode7

@tentaclesex: Yeah, I think it is a really good idea. In the right kind of game this could be a really fun featuer.

Posted by NarcolepticBat
Posted by Zaccheus

God I hate that thumbnail. I refresh this page like every 10 minutes and for a whole day that thing has come up. Drives me crazy. :>

Posted by Johnny5

I ... I .... *starts sobbing uncontrollably* I don't even like Everquest but this... this is too much.

Posted by Jinto

Dude is way too enthusiastic.

Posted by Nintendude

@Jinto: Exactly what I thought. Who would be so easily influenced that this amount of enthusiasm seems normal?

Posted by Kyle
Posted by forestofdeath

Literally all I could piece together from the facial recognition was "Dub dub dub dub"--get on this for the new StarFox, Nintendo.

Posted by TripMasterMunky

This would've been a great April's fools day video.

Posted by EchoEcho

Holy shit this guy is really excited. Maybe if I found RPing in an MMO even remotely enticing I would be too? I have never found them to be an environment very conducive to roleplay, personally.

Posted by jillsandwich

I'm having a minor panic attack thinking about what it must be like to be the creative director for the Everquest franchise.

Posted by t1mpl4r

Honestly I'm kind of excited about this. It adds a certain (all be it janky) amount of immersion I feel every mmo needs. Good on em for advancing the genre in some way.

Posted by Nephrahim

I think it's actually an interesting idea, but it seems hard to implement well

Posted by Pibo47

I could seriously care less about any of this shit. Also, that guy was the EPITOME OF NERD.

Posted by Meowshi

Uh, this actually very cool for people who are actually interested in the "role-playing" idea of MMOs.

And Alex, how about you write a normal damn article title for once.

Posted by cheywoodward2

I'm pretty sure the Everquest II dev team is now made up of this guy, his mail-order Ukrainian bride, and a Cambodian man who thinks this will earn him a green card.

Posted by Aegon

Somebody read Ready Player One.

Posted by vegetashonor

He seems genuinly excited about it which ultimately means I don't care. I'm sorry...that was mean...

Posted by Roger_Klotz

My webcam on my laptop can do the exact same thing...but instead I can be Abraham Lincoln...I win.

Posted by zaldar

everquest 2 doesn't interest me because it isn't the kind of mmo I like not enough story for me but this is actually pretty cool really helps immersion.

Posted by TheChaos

@Pibo47 said:

I could seriously care less.

Why would you do that?

Posted by spilledmilkfactory

That was fucking horrifying

Posted by KillerBears

:|

:0

:|

:O

Posted by MoronBhndWheel

does anyone remember the voice changing when Xbox live first started. It was stupid and no one respectable used it. Why bring it back and fail again?

Posted by Korwin

While this looks like a smoking hot piece of shit... it does have to potential to have an impact in other games.

Posted by jonano

@Jinto said:

Dude is way too enthusiastic.

Yeah it really makes me want to stab him in the face uh uh uh uh uh .

Edited by toots

@Pibo47: *couldn't care less as in, 'I could not (couldn't) care any less about getting this euphemism right

Posted by Icaria

That actually seems like some of the least contrived use of the technology I've seen. Combined with proper voice recognition and you could conceivably never press a button or use a dialogue wheel again, which could do a lot for the medium.

Posted by liako21

WTF?!?!?!!??! hahahahhahahah LOL

Posted by GreatMadness

That guy is gross. Not talking about the frog.