325 Comments
Posted by louiedog

Drew and Vinny really nailed this video. Well done.

Posted by Bane122

This is the first time I've seen the long bumper. Wow, well done guys. I watched it three times before even getting to the actual content.

Posted by mortal_sb

@Mdk5631 said:

Anyone who thinks Giantbomb hasn't changed for the worse since the CBS move needs to only watch this video.

The dubstep intro video and the flying camera in the first 5 mins were all it took for me to lose interest

If I wanted a wildly swinging camera and soundbited opinions I would watch MTV or ESPN.

Giant Bomb was where u went if u wanted to hear regular guys who are highly knowledge about videogames talk about videogames

PS anyone lucky enough to have caught a random PC live with chart room feel like Giant bomb had created a actual online community that is sliding away? :(

the video is as stupid as ever. how some can even make the connection from using dubstep for making fun of the press conferences and their presentations with the move to CBS is FUCKING INSANE. if you, by chance, don't like the site like you used to, don't just throw assumptions in the room. nothing has changed, at all.

Posted by i8246i

@Scrawnto said:

Alright, everyone who complained about the lack of original video content yesterday can shove it. This totally makes up for it, if you ask me.

This.

Posted by Scodiac

Games, games and more games. E3 is awesome.

Edited by ElixirBronze

Vinny & Drew and their video editing skills are truly the heart of Giant Bomb.

Posted by InfiniteGeass

Fuck baird? Baird is the best Gear.

Posted by i8246i

@sempiternal said:

Fuck Baird? Fuck you.

I mean that in a nice, "oh, you guys" kind of way.

Eh, kinda.

I think you may be the only person in the world who likes that character.

Posted by Spectreman

Ryan, you´re gianormous, dude. Watch out your health.

Posted by DougQuaid

Vinny and Drew KILLING it this year!

Posted by Quixodrent

New cameras look real sharp!

It's real cool to see how cool the bumper turned out after watching the process of you guys making it. Nice Job Vinny!

Posted by Shaanyboi

Vinny? Dave? You guys have raised the bar

Posted by Packie

Pimpin' Brad is Pimp.

Posted by Aeterna

Nice summary, really don't have time to watch the whole conferences myself.

Posted by Fuga

@Mdk5631 said:

Anyone who thinks Giantbomb hasn't changed for the worse since the CBS move needs to only watch this video.

The dubstep intro video and the flying camera in the first 5 mins were all it took for me to lose interest

If I wanted a wildly swinging camera and soundbited opinions I would watch MTV or ESPN.

Giant Bomb was where u went if u wanted to hear regular guys who are highly knowledge about videogames talk about videogames

PS anyone lucky enough to have caught a random PC live with chart room feel like Giant bomb had created a actual online community that is sliding away? :(

hahaha you're new to giantbomb aren't you

Edited by NTM

I think for that Watch Dogs game, that's the campaign. You switch between the characters like how Call of Duty does, but in a more interesting way. There's a lot of stories out there that kind of talk about how we're becoming more connected in society through technology, and I think this is kind of just going with that, but I'm not saying that the campaign isn't co-op or multiplayer, I just think people saw it and saw it on a much larger scale in a more unique way in some ways than it actually is.

Posted by murisan

After looking at the Splinter Cell footage.. I am excited for that game. I just hope you can mark & kill in the air.

Posted by ozzier

I laughed pretty good at the Wonderbook cuts in between the action/music. Sooo good! Ryan's face while he's holding the Kentia is Nigh sign is absolutely priceless.

Posted by Scrawnto

@Bane122 said:

This is the first time I've seen the long bumper. Wow, well done guys. I watched it three times before even getting to the actual content.

I totally did that too!

Posted by natetodamax

Excellent video guys!

Posted by Anupsis

OMG VINNY! That intro is AMAZING!

Posted by Chris2KLee

Amazing work on this video.

Posted by GeneralZod37

Was that a Freebirds behind them when talking about Microsoft? Man that sounds really good right about now.

Posted by TheSouthernDandy

Oh man that intro was everything I wanted. If only it was a little longer.

Posted by Kurtdyoung

I love these videos so much. Probably my favorite time of the year on giant bomb. Just great editing, so funny, \just fucking amazing. I need to go find the last few years videos. Man, i hope i can find em.

Posted by Aarny91

This video is glorious. I love me some E3 for these videos alone.

Posted by Sergotron

Love the intro video guys. Nice

Posted by Sergotron

Oh man I know that area, they are in the ghetto!

Posted by Winternet

Ellen Page talk was damn funny.

Oh and Vinny, never change, please.

Posted by Nighthawk871

I don't know if video games are art, but this video certainly is.

Edited by clstirens

@i8246i said:

@reelife said:

"Halo 4 looks amazing, omg new enemies new weapons it looks great"

"God of war 4 looks like god of war, sure new enemies new weapons sure, but it's god of war"

Something is wrong here...

The thing being wrong is that you're not paying attention to what was being shown at E3 (trailers and gameplay demos), and the way the two series' has dealt with their universe and the ongoing storyline/canon.

God of War really has no where left to go from the way things ended in 3. Everything and everyone that has opposed Kratos has been killed...to death...with fire...and pointy things. And for one reason or another, Kratos is denied any sort of rest/afterlife/punishment...and unless something was revealed post-credits of GoW3, I'm pretty certain that the guy doesn't care about becoming a king of any land.

Unless there's some god or goddess that Kratos hasn't murdered, or some part of his soul he hasn't taken a crap on...or some alien life form coming from some distant planet to attack this world...why make another God of War? Even from a purely financial standpoint, the GB crew, and I believe the fanbase has had enough.

The demo shows nothing new to the combat, nothing really new for powers. He has the same grunt enemies, the same cinematic powerups...and the guy playing him in the demo kinda sucked at playing the game, so combat looked more clunky and repetitive than it probably should.

Meanwhile, Halo's universe *has the potential* to keep going...its not like you completely have stopped the Covenant from being a threat to the universe, and now that their unifying religion has been proven an outright lie, who knows if they will stay unified? Earth and its colonies were only briefly united in the fight against an alien foe...if you had read some of the backstory you'd have known that not every human wanted to be part of the united colonies, and not everyone who broke away from the federation were "quiet" in their "differences".

Then you have the problem of some of the Halos not being completely destroyed, and their monitors...had you played or watched some of the crazy extra videos in the Halo 1 remake, you'd know that Guilty Spark was one of several AIs that may or may not have gone insane and perhaps have developed a god complex as well...

And who knows if there's some long-lost, frozen-in-faux-carbonite Forerunner out there? It would seem a little hokey, especially considering Mass Effect 3 did the same thing not even a year ago...but Halo's story has never been above cliches and hokey....ness.

(And if you took the 5 minutes to watch the Halo 4 teaser trailer, you do see and hear one of the other Halo monitors at the very end, and Cortana even says "This technology...looks Forerunner!" [sic])

I really could go on...for someone who doesn't currently have a working 360, and who only briefly played Halo 3, I've read *far too much* into the mythos and watched *far too many* gameplay/cutscene videos on YouTube....

But I think I've said enough.

You nailed it, man. I was fearful going in to Halo 4 because of how often games just lather, rinse, repeat their content.

Really happy to see the new content. Too bad I canceled my xbox live a while ago, and have no reason to actually own the next halo, I had been making an effort to own all of them (except wars, no offense to rts fans) until Reach sorta let me down.

Posted by AlexanderSheen

Amazing job Vinny and DREW (never forget about Drew, shame on you if you do)!

Posted by RenegadeSaint

While the GB guys are always good for a laugh, I find that I'm becoming less interested in their opinions as I get older. I don't know if it's their cynicism or our viewpoints simply diverging, but it seems that they think it's uncool to get excited about games. I kind of want to see them geek out; I think that's why Vinny is the most entertaining. He give every game a chance and isn't afraid to show how happy games make him.

Posted by downtime58

finally, the brain!

Posted by Subjugation

Fantastic video. Vinny and Drew are pure magic.

Posted by NoCookiesForYou

SPEED PAGE

Edited by big_jon

Yay!

Edit:

I agree with Brad's point about the violence on the Elephant man, I felt bad for that thing.

Posted by vhold

I think it is HBO developing that content on the Smartglass, because they're currently developing all of that for HBO GO interactive.

Posted by pyromagnestir

That intro is glorious. I want more!

Posted by Apparatus_Unearth

I understand all the hate for that Far Cry 3 thing, but I think it's at least cool to see a game that has some balls and just shows boobs. If more games start just having nudity in context then it'll stop being this crazy stigma that for some reason you can't do.

Posted by upwarDBound

Man Jeff was getting a bit heated over that Rowling quote. Good stuff.

Posted by FreedomTown

@Humanity said:

Oh Patrick, you and your darling over analyzing.. I don't think anything about Halo is a puzzle.

"Patrick, restating what the people before him just said, yet in a much more complex manner, since 2012"

Posted by andrewf87462

Green screen intro FTW!!

Posted by demontrace

Wow, that intro was hilarious. So much going on with all the Giant Bomb guys in each scene.

I loved the Microsoft recap at the beginning. The over excited sports fans instant replays were too much hilarity. Whassup guy comes in, the extreme closeup, the Asian and White guy hi-5ing over and over, pretty good. Closeup of suit guy clapping for Usher, with a forced smile was a nice touch, lol.

I personally don't have Battlefield 3 for my PC yet, due to having had XP a little under forever. I have now had Windows 7 since earlier this year. I could see myself picking it up, since I loved Bad Company 2's multiplayer quite a bit. Although I heard the universal spot function isn't there anymore, and only the recon guy can spot enemies now, which would be lame if true.

As far as Dead Space 3 goes, I REALLY hope it's not just a bunch of action, and less horror-like. But with the co-op being added, it really sounds like it. There has to be a way to make co-op still a scary experience, but I don't think Dead Space is the series to do it. Lone man in space is the scary scenario. Person speaking to you over and intercom overlay is also scary, if you're concerned about hearing enemies in the ventilation, and elsewhere, but throw in another actual person to back you up, and a lot of that fear is lost. I liked having to choose my targets in the heat of action. I liked knowing that I have to choose when to run, what weapons are best, and doing all this in an instant. With someone else, I can say over my headset, I'll kill the guys one way, you kill the guys behind me, or whatever. Yeah, nice co-op bonding there, but not scary.

That Shootmania scene looked so lame, but in a hilarious, I almost can't look, way. 3 girls at their laptops looking kinda disinterested, 3 dorky guys walk up laughing thinking they're cool, and then that blank faced Tobuscus guy shot, that was pretty good.

I think I shared Jeff, Brad, and Patrick's feeling of not wanting Watch Dogs to be a shooter, when I was also seeing it right then. Looked so cool, until the shooting, but here's hoping it turns out to be something really awesome.

Far cry 3 could be really lame if it moves away from what made the other games cool. Of course with Far cry 2 I was disappointed, as it felt too much like a port while I was playing it on the PC. I'm getting really tired of PC games feeling like too much of a port, because the developer is too lazy to give it the PC feel. Shoot, just add in a few options and you already differentiate it from it's console brethren, like a Field Of View option, enhanced graphics options, more control schemes. I mean how in the world did Dead Island screw up the Analog combat so much when porting to PC? And with that I mean the fact that there IS NO ANALOG COMBAT --WITH A MOUSE--. Could there be a more analog form of controlling when we're talking a mouse, versus a thumb stick? Did they never play Daggerfall, Morrowind, Die by the Sword, any of these games that would have you hold down a button, and sweep the mouse across in the form of the attack you wanted to do? And what happened to that form of attack anyway? I haven't seen that in a long time, and I miss it.

Finally Last of Us looks good, with great looking animations, but could get stale if they don't do something a little more original than that. We'll see, and I hope it's not PS3 only. The middle-aged woman playing that book game looked painful to watch. :) And if you read all this, thanks for bearing with my overly long opinion post.

Posted by wumbo3000

The real reason I go to GiantBomb for E3 coverage is because of these recap videos. Great job Vinny.

Posted by n8

Excellent.

Just one thing though... Wtf happened to Xbox 720 and PS4 announcements? Wasn't the prediction for announcements this year and ship next holiday season?

Posted by joshth

hey... are you guys talking about SPORTS?!

Posted by styder

I'm glad you guys made up for the lack of dubstep in trailers with this video. I was having wobble bass withdrawls

Posted by Mikey2D

"Hey are you guys talking about sports?!" - brilliant entrance by Vinnie there, and loving the intro and the dubstep madness at the start :P

Posted by Aaron_G

You guys are knocking it out of the park this year!