202 Comments
Posted by TheHakku

Was that a... yep, that was a Virtual Boy.

Posted by drewbert

The "Bastion song" comes from one of our royalty-free audio sources, Audio Network. Here's the track. It's funny, since I just recently watched Darren Korb's GDC talk about how he made the audio in Bastion, and he talks about using that exact string sample specifically.

Staff
Posted by Tebbit

I liked how Ryan was like "So there's zombies, and also some supernatural elements", as if zombies were not supernatural.

Posted by sopachuco13

Wow, guys! The quality of these videos are really great. I guess with an increased budget your videos will continue to look better and better. Just keep the crazy shit comin' too!

Posted by Popogeejo

Pikmin 3 has blinded me to any objectivity. This is awesome. Fuck yeah, Pikmin!

Posted by AlwaysBeClothing

Bowtastic!

Posted by Spitznock

Whoever is editing these videos is my friggin hero.

Posted by kwikshot

BIG BOOO!

Posted by Nentisys

Big Bo is the best bow this year.

Posted by CakeBomb

INTERLACED COMBING!

Posted by Declarius

Where was this filmed? There is a box for a cm690 in the background.

Posted by ThePilgrums

The mix of the disappointing conference and your exaggerated negativity toward Nintendo makes this a real bummer to watch.

Edited by mutha3
@Spitznock said:

Whoever is editing these videos is my friggin hero.

Pretty sure Vinny is your hero. And yeah, these videos are amazing.
Edited by HellknightLeon

Need that song at the end so bad. Good job guys. (What is that song?)

Posted by thebadnews

THAT FUCKIN BEAT

Posted by DeF

BIG BO REPRESENT!

YEAR OF THE BO!

hahahaha laughing so hard at the outro :D

Posted by BigBobOmb

Nintendo's conference was just depressing. I really don't want to get a Wii U after that.

Posted by Twinblade34

@Landon said:

Did and dress in the same clothes on purpose?

Oh god, I hope not.

Posted by MisterMouse

BIG BO!

Posted by Bubbly

@mutha3: I was always under the impression that whoever uploaded it was the one who edited it. Drew also commented on this video so I think it is safe to say that he did this one. It doesn't really matter who does it anyways because both of them always hit it out of the park with these event wrap up videos. GB's personality comes through so well.

Posted by algertman

Nintendo should have tried to buy the press off like Sony. It still amazes me nobody in the press is covering that Sony has given up on the Vita.

Posted by Drebin_893

BIG BOOOO!

Posted by paulunga

@ThePilgrums said:

The mix of the disappointing conference and your exaggerated negativity toward Nintendo makes this a real bummer to watch.

Not sure what you mean by exaggerated negativity. Nintendo's line-up looks really boring and predictable. Getting Pikmin 3 is great, sure, but other than that we've got two new New Super Mario Brothers and a mini-game collection. Are we seriously supposed to get excited about that?

But I really love those wrap-ups. Vinny's (awesome) editing aside, this one really nailed home the point that there are actually quite a few interesting games on the show floor. Assassin's Creed III still looks great, both Forza Horizons and the new NFS, Star Wars 1313, Splinter Cell. Ubisoft's really bringing it in general. Even ZombiU might not be as bad as I previously thought. Though I'll still reserve some skepticism after getting really pumped for Red Steel back in 2006.

Posted by cavemantom

Pusswhip Banggang!

Posted by ZombieSpace

Saaweeeeeet

Posted by FiestaUnicorn

That closet must have been fucking hot.

Posted by ObsideonDarman

Binary Domain Endurance Run

BIG BO!!!

Posted by EnduranceFun

I think Brad is Angry that Alex stole his fashion sense. Loving these, especially the editing, Big Bo!

Edited by ThePilgrums

@paulunga said:

Are we seriously supposed to get excited about that?

Probably not, but all that was missing from Ryan's "that sounds too HARDCORE for me" comment was a jacking-off motion and a cartoonish roll of the eyes. It's no secret that Ryan and Jeff have nearly zero interest in Nintendo games, but now that they have a good excuse to lay on the dismissive sarcasm they're laying it on pretty thick. I find that a bit grating, personally.

Edited by PassiveKaerenai

I want Jeff's satchel, throw some Chie-style indie button badges on it

Posted by xseedx

These videos are soooo well edited! Kudos to Team Video!

Really enjoying them, thanks!

Posted by GunnBjorn

@FiestaUnicorn said:

That closet must have been fucking hot.

Indeed. Especially Ryan was sweating excessively.

Posted by DreadMorrison

As someone who lived most of his life outside the US, I can say that from my experience that having multiple televisions is a very American idea. I know Jeff probably meant this in a way that he wanted to "see more" from the WiiU (because honestly there wasn't much there) but growing up in Brazil, I remember fighting for the TV all the time. I still have this issue whenever I visit. It's not really that much of a price thing, more of a culture situation. And Jeff is more than right to criticize Nintendo's lack of stuff to show because his reality is one in which he has multiple televisions, consoles, and games at all times. I also just hope that the WiiU works out for them, sales- and games-wise. I'd hate to see Nintendo fall deeper, Sega didn't happen that long ago...:(

Posted by trayntastic

man the music for these videos has been so cool, who's making these tunes?

Posted by dropabombonit

Big BO!

Posted by Benny

Thought it was the bastion soundtrack during the bow highlight reel.

Posted by gbrading

Two analogue sticks... It's more of a midcore experience. My goodness. :P

Edited by MasterRain

With the multiple TVs its more about what is the main TV. Your WiiU will be connected to the main TV, and people will also want to watch TV on the main. You don't want to watch TV or play video games on the crap TV in your bedroom, or re-set up the WiiU everytime you want to do that exercise stuff. Just using the WiiU screen is convenient I guess.

Posted by paulunga

@ThePilgrums said:

@paulunga said:

Are we seriously supposed to get excited about that?

Probably not, but all that was missing from Ryan's "that sounds too HARDCORE for me" comment was a jacking-off motion and a cartoonish roll of the eyes. It's no secret that Ryan and Jeff have nearly zero interest in Nintendo games, but now that they have a good excuse to lay on the dismissive sarcasm they're laying it on pretty thick. I find that a bit grating, personally.

I remember Ryan reviewing and loving Super Mario Galaxy 2. Jeff also reviewed and liked NSMB Wii. I think it's more of a contrast thing. They're both very outspoken compared to Brad who'll usually hold back some on the negative comments. And to be fair Trick didn't seem impressed either.

Posted by StriderNo9

Did anyone notice the car in the Need for Speed demo, the license plate reads Burnout :)

Posted by MachoFantastico

That was SWEEEET!   

Star Wars 1313 looks amazing, that's next gen for certain. 

Posted by Greenshoes

Already, the guys are looking waaay tired.

Posted by TheHT

THA WAS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Posted by YoungBuck

Year of the bow.

Posted by metalsnakezero

Those bows.

Posted by JayCee

God damn it that intro is great.

Posted by rcath

GREAT Vid!

Posted by rcath

BO BO BO BO BO

Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials

Ryan sounded like he was ready to lay down and die.

Posted by Duskwind

Bow abow abow abow bow bow abow abow bow. Speaking of which, I got a legendary bow for sale on the D3 auction house. There's a million of these on there, but I'm giving you the cheapest price. Get it now before it's gone!!!!!!!!!

Suddenly I feel so dirty.