202 Comments
Posted by Patman99

Ive learnt never to bet against Nintendo even though their E3 might be underwhelming. Hopefully they can pull through.

Posted by bunkerbuster05

So stoked for Hot Pursuit.

Posted by sear

Thanks for being honest and up-front about Nintendo. This year's E3 has been depressing to say the least, and between a lot of sites that are caught on the hype train I appreciate the frankness about the poor showings.

Posted by chrispti

My quads got a run for their money.

Posted by n8

Excellent video

Most disappointing e3 ever

Posted by Mesoian

Man, what was that Bastion remix towards the middle of the video? I want it.

Posted by Paul_Tillich

A bow.

Posted by President_Barackbar
@Ventilaator said:

Wait what? "Blacklist does what you want a Splinter Cell game to do very well, you run into a room and kill everyone all awesome-like"

Isn't that kind of...the opposite of what people want a Splinter Cell game to do?

Yeah, when I heard Alex say that I was thinking "that's the reason I hated Conviction, because it wasn't a Splinter Cell game."
Posted by Aarny91

@GunnBjorn said:

@FiestaUnicorn said:

That closet must have been fucking hot.

Indeed. Especially Ryan was sweating excessively.

I was about to comment on this myself.

Posted by prestonhedges

Patrick: "They keep using that term 'asynchronous' gameplay as a buzzword and it's like, what does that even mean?"

Play-by-email.

Posted by RTSlord

year of the bow continues

Posted by umdesch4

This is the third or fourth time in the last couple weeks I'm hearing retroactive love for Burnout Paradise. I thought, at the time, we all universally agreed that driving all over hell's half-acre just to restart a race you just did, or to do any specific event you wanted to do, was extremely irritating.

I know I quit playing that game after two days because of that, and never looked at it again.

Edited by Liquidus

@umdesch4 said:

This is the third or fourth time in the last couple weeks I'm hearing retroactive love for Burnout Paradise. I thought, at the time, we all universally agreed that driving all over hell's half-acre just to restart a race you just did, or to do any specific event you wanted to do, was extremely irritating.

I know I quit playing that game after two days because of that, and never looked at it again.

Yeah, I'm surprised people speak so highly of it. I enjoyed it but it definitely wasn't as great as Burnout 3 and the open world stuff worked against it in my opinion.

Posted by myslead

ahah year of the BO

Posted by MocBucket62

Honestly I don't know who or what won E3 this year, archery or the French (Not just Ubisoft)?

Posted by Elod

@asian_pride: Kentia Hall is the name of the convertable basement part of the LA convention center that doubles as a parking garage where the dregs of e3 of old were stuck. nigh means coming soon.

From the end is nigh that the crazies use to portend the apocalypse is coming.

Posted by V878

Man I'm really digging the music playing through the Rayman and Splinter Cell bits. Wish I knew how to get a hold of it as it sounds like great background music.

Posted by radioactivez0r

Never got into a Forza game, but a TDU-style game with work by the Blur, Split/Second, and Dirt guys could be kind of amazing. Also, NFS. Also, Splinter Cell. Here I thought I would be done buying games after XCOM came out.

Posted by umdesch4

@Liquidus said:

@umdesch4 said:

Yeah, I'm surprised people speak so highly of it. I enjoyed it but it definitely wasn't as great as Burnout 3 and the open world stuff worked against it in my opinion.

I just saw Jeff's NFS Most Wanted interview video, and I think he nailed it by saying he loved Burnout Paradise because he was unemployed at the time. I heard that and went..."ohhhhh, well alright then."

Posted by Mathey

Wait, what, they're remaking Rolling Thunder?!

Oh.

:(

Posted by flanker22

BRAVO JUST WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO LOSE HOPE BIG BO SHOWS UP AT THE LAST SECOND.

Posted by AssInAss

Zombi U first game to have you die (I hope it's single bite) and turn into a zombie?

That sounded really cool.

Posted by Niklas

@umdesch4 said:

To be fair - they did fix that in an update, so you could restart the race at any time.

Burnout Paradise is definitely one of my favorite games of this generation, but to each his own.

Posted by umdesch4

@Niklas said:

To be fair - they did fix that in an update, so you could restart the race at any time.

They did? Damn, how did I not know that? I think I might just dust that game off and give it another shot then...thanks!

Posted by DinkyDoomer

Hah. Year of the Bow remix at the end had Big Bo.

Posted by Tsuchikage

Nintendo really blew it this year. This should have been the year where they dominated; instead, we get gimmicky games that don't take advantage of the Wii U in any meaningful way, months-old ports of games, and no indication of whether or not the Wii U will even feature true online gameplay. From what I've heard, Zombi U's multiplayer will be local only--that is weak in 2012.

Posted by Sparky245

Jeff looks sad. Why you so sad, Jeff? Nintendo will do better next year I'm sure.

Posted by EmuLeader

Bow music/clip at the end was great. These recaps also continue to be fantastic in both content and editing.

Posted by Whampire

Oh, Christ. Iamsosososickofzombiegames.

Posted by beeryayghost

BO.

Posted by Dethfish

Oh wow, I watched this video a few hours ago and it just now randomly occurred to me why Big Bo is in the montage at the end. Damn, I'm slow sometimes.

Posted by Midgetforsale

That "bow" song at the end is bloody brilliant

Posted by vizionblind

nintendo fail of e3 2012

Posted by ch3burashka

Once again, Ryan looks like he's gonna die.

Edited by HerbieBug

I prefer my Mario extra crispy.

Nintendo dropped the ball real bad this year. This was the time to ratchet up the hype on their stuff almost entirely unopposed by the competition. They were the only company who had a new console to show. What do they show? Ports for games that will be heavily price cut on superior systems by the time the Wuu version releases. Rehash dead horse kicking of Nintendo first party. Mini games. Total disaster. Squandered opportunity.

Posted by SatelliteOfLove

Remixing Bastion music? Best gaming site ever or merely the greatest of all time?

Posted by HerbieBug

IDEA FOR NEW GB MERCH!11!1

Video game conference GB branded towels, wrist sweatbands, and headbands. Maybe some GB brand battery powered mini fans too. You guys look so moist and uncomfortable in there I wanna spray the lot of you down with a nice cool high powered jet of water.

Posted by masterfaculty

WHADDUP BIG BOW?!?!

Posted by End_Boss

"Yeah."

Thanks Jeff.

Posted by Tennmuerti

Anywhere we can get that BOw ending montage separately, I want to put this awesomeness on loop.

Posted by Origina1Penguin

@Tennmuerti said:

Anywhere we can get that BOw ending montage separately, I want to put this awesomeness on loop.

Posted by Tennmuerti

@Origina1Penguin: Thank you so much!

Posted by tormod

Awesome video. You guys tell it like it is without the marketing spins, and can inject comedy into the discussion. Good stuff.

Posted by thebigJ_A

Man, I love Ryan, but duder is always sweating. Get Certain-Dri, makes it so the pores you put it on can't sweat. Yeah, yeah, it says it's only for the underarm, but a little on the forehead cant hurt, right?

Posted by lingertingper

Did you guys get any names for the necromephs for dead space 3 like the one when clarke got swallued ?

Posted by lunalicrichard

I was really impressed with assassins creed 3 , more then with Lara for instance . Maybe it's because of the sea battle , witch blew me away ! And it looks awesome . A few games saved E3 this year in my book , and made it so that it wasn't a all out disappointing experience .

They also have to look at what E3 is and for who'm it is . Because it's not for us gamer's . The E3 has been confirmed for 2013 and i hope by then they have figured out where the E3 is going .

I do hope they stop announcing everything up front , that take's away so much of the magic of E3 . The should embargo 2 weeks before E3 until the first pres conference . So that the magic will be there again .

Posted by baxterpunch

Pusswhip banggang!

Posted by MaFoLu

What is that bow song at the end!?  
It needs to be dubstep remixed!

Posted by JohnTheGamer

Damn, Ryan was sweating!

Posted by Moth_Pope

Oh shit, Big Bo, no you didn't!