125 Comments
  • 125 results
Posted by maverick_76

Really excited for this game.

Posted by rmills87

I am so fucking excited for this game. I pray it is out by holiday '12. PLEASE NAUGHTY DOG, PLEASE!!! However, I wouldn't want them to rush to have it out by holiday 2012 and the game ends up being slapped together. But who am I kidding? It's Naughty Dog we're talking about here. These guys know nothing BUT perfection in their games.

Posted by dpedal1

Man, I am really excited for this game. Naughty Dog is one hell of a studio.

Posted by simpsonsfan

@northviewryan: Nope. It's just you.

Posted by RVonE

I want to protect Joel so bad...

Posted by northviewryan

did anyone else think that this game looks looks almost identical to uncharted 3 but with more violence? even the main character looks like drake and even sounds like him too, that girl that follows him around is just like chloe. My first impression was - "looks like uncharted 3 with a new story..."

Posted by TheHT

Great interview. Game sounds like a whole different beast from Uncharted.

Posted by GERALTITUDE

@thebipsnbeeps: Agree on all counts. I double taked big time on the "grace of God" line. Really awesome interview/video all around.

Posted by GERALTITUDE

Wow man. Naughty Dog is too amazing. That is the new #1 Company I Want to Work For.

Edited by GoodKn1ght

@captainanderson said:

Huh, the guy does a lot of skirting around the questions Brad asks. Most of the stuff he said was in the Game Informer issue from a few months back.

He probably is supposed to answer a certain way to only reveal certain information. Some PR person probably rehearsed some general answers before they got to e3. Not an evil thing, most companies do things like that, just sometimes makes interviews feel scripted when they aren't.

Posted by Dredlockz

Checkout that guy gulping at 10:45 when Brad asks him "you guys are gonna release this holiday right?"

That's a fucking YES if I ever saw one.

Posted by Shotaro

Strikes me as being what I am Alive could have been - I've got high hopes for this.

Posted by thebipsnbeeps

I like how the lead designer was seemingly bemused when Brad asked for the release date. This game is one of those that looks so incredible to me, that I simply cannot ever imagine it actually coming out.

Great interview, I'm gonna buy a PS3 for this, no doubt. Aside: I never actually heard someone say "There but for the grace of God go I" to describe their video game before.

Posted by DamianOgre

Good Interview. I had been hearing that the whole game play trailer was scripted. I'm guessing it was not. This game looks awesome, for a Fallout fan like me this game will be a day one buy. I'm gonna enjoy this game alot.

Posted by Daftasabat

I'm sure i speak for a lot of gamers out there when i say, i wish NaughtyDog would go multi-platform. This game looks incredible

Posted by Battsey

I feels ya brah.

Posted by zeus_gb

Great interview. I'm seriously going to see how this game develops.

Posted by Red

Very excited. This is actually a game I think I'll want to play through on the hardest difficulty first time through, as that will force me to make the choices the game asks of me instead of gunning things down.

Posted by LegendaryChopChop

@phrosnite said:

Who wants to bet that Brad "5 stars" Shoemaker will review the game, give it 5 stars(as always) and then they'll spend the next two podcasts talking about how this and that was disappointing. Uncharted 3 anyone?

The bad is always more easily talked about than the good. Uncharted was bullied up on for a few Bombcast's but not because of its quality, but because they were having "sequel fatigue". Uncharted 3 was an obvious 4 star game at the least, but Brad is a little more giving and gave it 5. I have no issues with him doing what you said because a game can have disappointing elements and still be a 5 star game for what it is.

Posted by kpaadet

@FoxMulder: Its pretty much been confirmed as a 2013 release.

Posted by briansanderson

Giantbomb continues to impress with their interviews. The best I have seen all week. Thanks.

Posted by Napalm

Great interview Brad. I feel like I have all of the information I need, and I'm definitely all in.

Posted by megalowho

They way Brad asks for release dates in his interviews is the best.

Edited by FoxMulder

The more and more I hear Naughty Dog devs not announcing the release date, the more I think it's gonna be pushed back to early 2013.

Posted by phrosnite

Who wants to bet that Brad "5 stars" Shoemaker will review the game, give it 5 stars(as always) and then they'll spend the next two podcasts talking about how this and that was disappointing. Uncharted 3 anyone?

Posted by big_jon

Looks really good.

Posted by GeekDown

I'm finally gonna have to give in and buy a PS3 now. I have to play this.

Posted by Cloudenvy

That last question was hell of smooth, Brad.

Posted by Rewcastle

Looks like Sam Fisher found his daughter...

Posted by johaa

This game seems like deus ex but in a wasteland setting.

Posted by Mumrik

"Lead Designer" - crazy, he sounded like a highly trained PR assassin.

Posted by n0nametaz

This interview was absolutely pronominal Brad!

Posted by leebmx

@mrpandaman said:

@leebmx said:

@HarlequinRiot said:

Could be great. I really hope they put the focus the survival and "diplomacy" aspects and not the shooting. The fewer combat encounters there are (and the fewer bullets and health packs) the more poignant it'll be. They want you to think about each person you have to kill, but that's not gonna happen with a kill count around 100.

Totally agree with you man, to be honest I was a bit disapointed that the main character (can't remember his name) took a shot in the demo and then carried on fighting with less reaction than you would have to a slap in real life.

I know its a video game but I am still holding out for the post-apoclyptic or survival game which tries to embrace reality more, I think if this can be achieved it will really lend a taut edge to the survival.

As much as they are pushing the human interaction and scanveging etc we just saw a demo where he took out 5 or 6 guys in one setpiece and as you say this will lead to hundreds of kills over the game.

I hope they add a hardcore option where there is no HUD and you have to count your shots or physically look into a revolvers chamber, and one bullet (unless a graze) incapatates you.

Tbh the game I want in this sort of setting would need to be more RPG styled and this, while I am sure it will be good, looks a little too much like a more realistic version of Uncharted gameplaywise, just given a different setting. From what we saw the environments looked like Uncharted's in that they are supremly detailed with wonderful vistas but offer little scope for exploration on a wide scale.

Still hopeful though.

They have said over and over that the demo for the Sony presentation was supposed to be action focused, because otherwise it wouldn't make for a good 6 minute demo presentation. They have also been showing the same demo to the press where the player could take a non-aggressive approach in dealing with npcs. You don't have to kill or be aggressive, but you may miss out scavenging opportunities.

I am guessing you have only read post. I understand you will be able to creep around enemies (although if you end up with loads less ammo and other stuff it removes the incentive a little) I am just worried the game is at heart going to be composed of quite traditional gameplay, albeit really well presented and I was hoping, from the inital buzz for something a little more revolutionary and realistic.

My dream apolcolyptic game is a free roaming, exploration, survival game where the only enemies are other humans and there is no need for bosses, crazy monsters etc because having to survive in this realistic world is a feat by itself. I understand this game won't be it and I bet it will still be great, I just hope its not too single path and gamey.

Posted by Tarsier

that guy is cool lol

Posted by Nicholas

Look fantastic.

Posted by DragonNinja789

Now I remember why I love Sony, and my PS3 lol

Posted by Lifendz

dat background music....

Posted by rudyarr

I like how he mentioned that everyone you kill you actually feel kinda bad for. When you think about the demo and how some of those guys pleaded for their life..man really makes you think. Not like Uncharted where you are mowing guys down and could careless about them.

Posted by PerryVandell

Actually met Jacob at GDC a couple years back. That dude's a pretty cool guy. Stuck around after his presentation to answer everyone's questions, including mine.

Posted by tescovee

Is this the sequel to Hard Candy?

Posted by Mumrik

@RagingLion said:

@Aarny91 said:

@Rodin said:

Man brads a great interviewer.

Yeah, he always knows how to ask the right questions.

Yep. Killing it as usual. Too bad his skills don't get much usage for most of the year.

That's actually a pretty good point. We give Brad (and the others) a good deal of shit for his shortcomings, but he is probably the best interviewer of the bunch.

Posted by Humanity

@TorMasturba said:

@GaspoweR said:

Jacob has been PR trained. That response at the end was pretty good non-answer. Pretty smooth though Brad, you sneaky sneaky bastard.

He did really well, it was so sneaky of Brad how he just nonchalantly asked that very quickly, I felt like Jacob was almost going to let it slip and then caught himself.

I bet they laughed about it afterwards too.

I wonder if Jacob internally was thinking "haha yes thats not like the 100th time a game journalist tried that amazing trick" cause I imagine Brad is not the only one trying to wring information out of him.

Posted by MeatSim

I think Brad almost got him there at the end for a second.

Posted by TorMasturba

@GaspoweR said:

Jacob has been PR trained. That response at the end was pretty good non-answer. Pretty smooth though Brad, you sneaky sneaky bastard.

He did really well, it was so sneaky of Brad how he just nonchalantly asked that very quickly, I felt like Jacob was almost going to let it slip and then caught himself.

I bet they laughed about it afterwards too.

Edited by kookoo

I hope there's some more game with my movie. For me, Uncharted 3 was diappointing.

Posted by Cyrisaurus

@adam1808 said:

@Cyrisaurus: You don't really think it's going to hit this year do you? It's going to be tight for any developer, let alone one making a game with so many systems at play to get something that needs "a lot of work" polished and on shelves by November

uhhh... duder, I think you misread my post. I said 2013.

Posted by mrpandaman

@WilliamHenry said:

@Phatmac said:

Why don't they show this 17 minute demo online? Really want to see it.

Probably not allowed to. If they wanted the public to see it, they wouldn't only show it behind closed doors.

@TrueEnglishGent said:

I don't get why they aren't showing the 17 minute demo, doesn't make much sense. Guess they think all we want is a dude shooting him in the head.

I want to say that there is/was an embargo on showing anything on it (and Beyond:Two Souls) until sometime today. The reason being that these games don't get buried under all the other E3 news.

Posted by PolygonSlayer

There are so many aspects of this game that make me excited. So looking forward to this game, and Naughty Dog can take as much time as they need to make it. That just means the game will be more polished and have more awesome stuff in it. :)

Posted by mrpandaman

@leebmx said:

@HarlequinRiot said:

Could be great. I really hope they put the focus the survival and "diplomacy" aspects and not the shooting. The fewer combat encounters there are (and the fewer bullets and health packs) the more poignant it'll be. They want you to think about each person you have to kill, but that's not gonna happen with a kill count around 100.

Totally agree with you man, to be honest I was a bit disapointed that the main character (can't remember his name) took a shot in the demo and then carried on fighting with less reaction than you would have to a slap in real life.

I know its a video game but I am still holding out for the post-apoclyptic or survival game which tries to embrace reality more, I think if this can be achieved it will really lend a taut edge to the survival.

As much as they are pushing the human interaction and scanveging etc we just saw a demo where he took out 5 or 6 guys in one setpiece and as you say this will lead to hundreds of kills over the game.

I hope they add a hardcore option where there is no HUD and you have to count your shots or physically look into a revolvers chamber, and one bullet (unless a graze) incapatates you.

Tbh the game I want in this sort of setting would need to be more RPG styled and this, while I am sure it will be good, looks a little too much like a more realistic version of Uncharted gameplaywise, just given a different setting. From what we saw the environments looked like Uncharted's in that they are supremly detailed with wonderful vistas but offer little scope for exploration on a wide scale.

Still hopeful though.

They have said over and over that the demo for the Sony presentation was supposed to be action focused, because otherwise it wouldn't make for a good 6 minute demo presentation. They have also been showing the same demo to the press where the player could take a non-aggressive approach in dealing with npcs. You don't have to kill or be aggressive, but you may miss out scavenging opportunities.

Posted by Tsuchikage

I think I'm in love. With this game. The Last of Us looks like everything that I Am Alive should have been and much, much more.

• 125 results