152 Comments
  • 152 results
Posted by KittyVonDoom

@MrMazz said:

that sounds better than saints row the fourth

Posted by Gabedawg

4 S4INTS 4 ROW.

Posted by Sean2206

I was looking froward to the expansion and I'm fine with it being folded into the next game but I hope it doesn't become the whole game. I hope its just a section of missions or one act of the game but not the whole game.

Posted by mrpandaman

@jasondesante said:

@Gizmo said:

Saints Row 3 was boring as shit, I just don't understand why everybody lost their rag over it.

lol thats a cute statement.

I'm also for naming the new game "the next great sequel in the saints row franchize", that would be a great title

You mean "The Next Gre4t Sequel in the S4ints Row Fr4nchize."

Posted by Haruko

@AjayRaz: @Krystal_Sackful said:

Saints R4w

S4ints R4w 4

Posted by DedBeet

Wasn't there a "season pass" one time payment for all SR3 DLC? Was this supposed to be a part of that?

Posted by jasondesante

@Gizmo said:

Saints Row 3 was boring as shit, I just don't understand why everybody lost their rag over it.

lol thats a cute statement.

I'm also for naming the new game "the next great sequel in the saints row franchize", that would be a great title

Posted by AjayRaz

S4INTS ROW

Posted by Gizmo

Posted by toots

@Mirked said:

Sad. After playing Saints Row: The Third I picked up SR2. SR2 was the superior game IMO. I hope at least the writing is actually good in this one. Either way it'll be a great game, just prefer the main story to be a little more serious.

I agree, shelving some of the depth for more boner jokes and DLC was kind of too bad.

Posted by dropabombonit

Happy with news and I hope they call it that

Posted by wreakOnes

This has me worried that it may be a bit too soon, but then again Volition is a really hard working studio considering they always put out a red faction game between the saints row titles and now THQ has pretty much shelved red faction for the time being meaning that this is just about the only thing taking up their time. Rubin on the other hand also has me torn. I remember back in late 09 or early 10 he was on the Bonus Round talking about how the monetization of a call of duty style leveling system was good for the industry because it would give gamers what they want.

Posted by Mirked

Sad. After playing Saints Row: The Third I picked up SR2. SR2 was the superior game IMO. I hope at least the writing is actually good in this one. Either way it'll be a great game, just prefer the main story to be a little more serious.

Posted by AtomicEdge

The Saints Row

or

Saints Row The Third 2

Posted by Waffles13

@Nightriff said:

@Waffles13 said:

@Nightriff said:

Good to hear, I thought the expansion idea was dumb and can't wait for Saints Row 4. Should be awesome

Just let him come in and focus test every couple weeks.

Also, don't hire any other focus testers.

Can't tell if you are making fun of me or not....

I'm dead serious. Everything Jeff liked about 3 are the same things I loved about it; I want to see what happens if he had complete creative control on a game of that type.

Posted by DeltaDreamer

I was looking forward to the expansion. Oh well maybe the next game won't be "embarrassing"

Posted by Skanker

@Deusoma said:

@Beaudacious said:

Can't decide if this means rushed sequel to capitalize on Thirds adoration, or simply refocusing on a real sequel.

I'm kinda leaning towards AC brand whoring, but that's just cause I'm a pessimist.

I've seen some weird typos before, but how do you miss S and R and come up with A and C? Unless you were referring to some brand whoring policy I'm unfamiliar with, but none of the companies involved with Saints Row have those initials.

He was probably talking about Assassin's Creed.

Posted by itsVASH

@Krystal_Sackful said:

Saints R4w

Saints Raw?

Posted by blakout

If the game is not called Saints Row Goes Fourth I'll be incredibly disappointed

Posted by Krystal_Sackful

Saints R4w

Posted by Deusoma
@Beaudacious: Hmmm, Madden or the WWE games might be a better comparison for negative sequelization, as the Assassin's Creed games actually are better every year, though admittedly the improvements in Revelations were pretty minor. Still, I'm looking forward to AC III more than any other game this year, really, since it looks like it blows the previous games right out of the water.
Edited by Beaudacious

@Deusoma: Comparing to Assassin's Creed, or annual sequel model.

Posted by CaptRocketblaze

Saints Row 4ever

Posted by kalibr

If they did not make a sequel to The Third then I would have given up all hope for the future of games.

Edited by Napalm

@AngriGhandi: You mean popping their load so there's nowhere to go except to space? (Like, actual space. Not shitty Mars sets.)

Edited by AngriGhandi

Let me choose my words carefully here.

I don't think an alien invasion is "too crazy" for Saints Row... because nothing is too crazy for Saints Row.

But I do worry it might be the craziest thing possible.

Posted by Deusoma
@Beaudacious said:

Can't decide if this means rushed sequel to capitalize on Thirds adoration, or simply refocusing on a real sequel.

I'm kinda leaning towards AC brand whoring, but that's just cause I'm a pessimist.

I've seen some weird typos before, but how do you miss S and R and come up with A and C? Unless you were referring to some brand whoring policy I'm unfamiliar with, but none of the companies involved with Saints Row have those initials.
Posted by EthanML

Next year is too soon, now I'm worried.

Posted by Carlos1408

@Hef said:

When I read the bold lettering at the end I thought it said "next generation", like next generation of consoles. Then I read it again.

:(

Me too lol. What's wrong with our eyes?!

Posted by hbkdx12
@Beaudacious: With all the financial trouble surrounding THQ, i imagine it's them just cutting their losses and putting their money and effort where it really counts before it's too late.

I can't imagine their DLC sold very well or as well as they would have wanted and even if it did i'm sure it was critically panned across the board compared to a lot of GOTY talks that the game itself got. 

I don't think they're intentionally trying to whore out the Saints Row franchise as much as i believe they're just trying to do what they can to turn a corner financially
Posted by blacklab

Oh thank God. Anything for more SR.

Posted by Beaudacious

Posted by BigChickenDinner

Why do I feel that the content tie in was already there?

Posted by Nightriff

@Waffles13 said:

@Nightriff said:

Good to hear, I thought the expansion idea was dumb and can't wait for Saints Row 4. Should be awesome

Just let him come in and focus test every couple weeks.

Also, don't hire any other focus testers.

Can't tell if you are making fun of me or not....

Posted by MourerR

I'm happy with this. Make it crazier in every way.

Posted by jakob187

The expansion seemed fun, but overall, it was a bad idea. Volition doesn't handle post-release content very well, and after the sting of their SR3 DLC, it would be best for them to just focus all their efforts into a new game. A full new SR game makes me giddy with excitement.

Posted by Elazul

Jeff, you know now that you've suggested it, that probably will be the final title, right?

Posted by Hef

When I read the bold lettering at the end I thought it said "next generation", like next generation of consoles. Then I read it again.

:(

Posted by Rekt_Hed

GOOD!!!...... UNO WHAT!? FUCKIN GOOD!!! This is really all I wanted. No more half assed DLC or expansions just give me Saints 4 all over my face. THANKYOU for seeing sense THQ.

Posted by TimFReilly

@ptys said:

Too soon, I never even got a chance to play the last one as I'm already about two years behind. No thank you.

The game is, like, 10 hours long. Once every 2 years is too frequent for you? C'mon.

Posted by HerbieBug

@charlie_victor_bravo said:

Saints Row Whore ?

Win.

Posted by charlie_victor_bravo

Saints Row Whore ?

Posted by HerbieBug

So... same engine, same assets, slightly more story content? Ultimate Saints Row Brotherhood of Revelations Turbo?

Lame.

Posted by ptys

Too soon, I never even got a chance to play the last one as I'm already about two years behind. No thank you.

Posted by RobbyGreene

I like the title should fit nicely on the box!

Posted by Soap

Saints Row 4 and 1/4th :Leslie Nielsen edition

Posted by InfamousBIG

@green_sky said:

@NowSayPillow said:

Was this DLC supposed to be part of the Seasons Pass? If yes, doesn't that mean a lot people just got dicked over?

It was stand alone expansion pack.

No it wasn't, but people got fucked over enough with the Season Pass without that being true.

Myself included. :(

Oh well, SR4 is gonna be sexual.

Posted by unholyone123

Saint's Row 4: Look who's sainting now

Posted by natetodamax

Pretty crazy that THQ would willingly take a $20 million loss to make this happen.

Posted by Pudge

Great! I was ready to support this expansion, but it just makes more sense to get a sequel out there. I'm much more excited for whatever Saints Row 4 turns out to be.

• 152 results