160 Comments
  • 160 results
Edited by Cubical

Wait I know who the guy on the right side of the screen is in the red chair and yellow shoes is..

he is David hasslehoffs son it all makes sense now! I did not see it until I watched the knight rider intro on a rerun just now.,

God I hope he drives a black firebird I have had that fantasy for years and I have been wanting to get a Delorean for years too...

Posted by Zereta

@Cubical said:

Isnt that dude on the far right in the Red chair with curly 70s hair that console noob who keeps trying to put all that apple and MAC crap news stories on the site?

Why is he previewing a PC device that is able to play real games? Even if windows 8 sucks balls with that metro crap he dont know jack.

Where can i get this game and the windows tablet with windows 7 installed on it? Better yet where can i get this game and install it on my desktop PC I am never going to Buy windows 8 ever.

Here we have a shining example of the dropping human intelligence level. Just need one more of you and humanity is fucked.

On topic, Skulls of the Shogun looks amazing! That cross platform play thing looks real cool. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I really do believe that Skulls of the Shogun will be the Halo for the Windows 8 system of devices. Like Halo did for the Xbox, this is going to legitimize the Windows 8 ecosystem

Posted by Jimbo_N

This must surely be the XBLA title with the longest dev time by now.. right? What game am I not thinking of here? I can't seem to come up with an XBLA title that has taken this long since announcement, seeing as it isnt even out until fall. I guess thats the effect of Microsoft baking it into the whole Windows 8 experience now, but still.

Posted by FlaminB

@Marino said:

Door Guy!

I was waiting for this. Ha ha!

Edited by crusader8463

Shame that they are locking it to Windows 8 only. Been looking forward to this game for a few years now and I hate that I'm not going to be able to play it now. Oh well. I'm sure they don't care about one less sale. Hope Microsoft gave them a big money hat to lock their game down.

Posted by Zereta

@Jimbo_N said:

This must surely be the XBLA title with the longest dev time by now.. right? What game am I not thinking of here? I can't seem to come up with an XBLA title that has taken this long since announcement, seeing as it isnt even out until fall. I guess thats the effect of Microsoft baking it into the whole Windows 8 experience now, but still.

I Am Alive probably beats it. When Battleblock Theatre comes out, that too would have been like a million years.

Posted by Chibithor

@Zereta: Fez took quite a while, too.

Posted by Nephrahim

I have to say, I really wish you guys would stop quick Look EXes.

I like Quicklooks AND interviews, but both together just distracts from either.

Posted by Twiggy199

Who was that big dude in the back checking the camera?

Posted by Zacagawea

@Twiggy199 said:

Ryan Davis, host of pretty much everything on GB

Posted by big_jon

That dude has my phone.

Posted by The_Nubster

@Cubical said:

Isnt that dude on the far right in the Red chair with curly 70s hair that console noob who keeps trying to put all that apple and MAC crap news stories on the site?

Why is he previewing a PC device that is able to play real games? Even if windows 8 sucks balls with that metro crap he dont know jack.

Where can i get this game and the windows tablet with windows 7 installed on it? Better yet where can i get this game and install it on my desktop PC I am never going to Buy windows 8 ever.

I feel stupider for even having read this.

Posted by Terjay

So uh... How many Quick Look EXs we need about this particular game?

Posted by MeatSim

Good thing expert cameraman Ryan Davis was on the scene.

Posted by paulunga

@The_Nubster said:

@Cubical said:

I feel stupider for even having read this.

QFT. The response, not the original comment.

Posted by ComedyKnight

Where do you find black post-it notes?

Edited by Twiggy199

@Zacagawea said:

@Twiggy199 said:

Ryan Davis, host of pretty much everything on GB

Are you seriously suggesting.....never mind, it was a joke. More rhetorical than anything, it's just, it's weird seeing Tricky host.

Posted by Slumberpunch

Looks like hot garbage.

Posted by Mumrik

@MonkfishEsq said:

12 minutes in and none of them explained what the fuck you actually do in the game, and what the hell it's about. It's all just been gushing about Microsoft.

Yup... And the game still looks like a simple flash/phone game to me :-/

Posted by yoshisaur

Jesus, sometimes it amazes me how shy people are (especially game developers). The guy on the left (video facing) has so many nervous ticks!

Also, game looks awesome.

Posted by devilzrule27

So does the surface not have video out?

Posted by Duffyside

I get frustrated seeing the press play favorites, not because of game quality, but because of their relationships with developers. I've been hearing about this game for like two years now, and it's still not even out. I've literally checked the GB page for this game probably ten times in the last year from all that I've heard about it.

Posted by Palmlykta

game sounds like it might have a soundtrack that I'd buy, not a big fan of the flash style animation though.

Posted by Lifendz

Dat voice of the guy on the left....

Posted by CrazyBagMan

@Terjay said:

So you want less content? Am I understanding you?

Posted by BirdkeeperDan

I don't really think is qualifies as a quicklook. They didn't explain the game at all and just talked about platform and development issues. I'm not a game developer so I'm not interested in that stuff except when it's actually done well (Bastion). I can't remember what this game used to be and would have rather know what it is now.

Posted by Grilledcheez

COOL

Posted by Terjay

@CrazyBagMan said:

@Terjay said:

If said content is as useless as this video, then yes.

Posted by PJ

@ChosenOne said:

What are they doing for TNT today?

It was supposed to be PSO2 but servers are down so they are doing BURNOUT PARADISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by prestonhedges

@Duffyside said:

I get frustrated seeing the press play favorites, not because of game quality, but because of their relationships with developers. I've been hearing about this game for like two years now, and it's still not even out. I've literally checked the GB page for this game probably ten times in the last year from all that I've heard about it.

They should be finding out all they can about Spelunky. Instead they've spent like eight videos talking about some bullshit flash game that's never coming out.

Posted by Ehker

Up next is the third Quick Look for when the game is released.

Posted by eccentrix

I was wondering how a fighting game would be asynchronous, until I realised this was that other game.

Posted by Zaxex

@PJ said:

@ChosenOne said:

What are they doing for TNT today?

It was supposed to be PSO2 but servers are down so they are doing BURNOUT PARADISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best server downtime ever!

Posted by Boopie

blueshirt looks a little confused with that camera!

Posted by cikame

I think i might have had a different opinion on this game had i not been playing Supreme Commander recently.
Good luck to the devs but it's not for me.

Edited by MrBubbles

"i'm sure people have seen the 360 version plenty of times" no patrick i haven't in fact i've never heard of this game so i had no idea what the hell they were doing the whole video.

Edited by mnzy

Still looks kinda bad to me. I'll wait for reviews. 

And yea, I've seen it before so I kinda knew what was happening, but overall, not enough about that.

Posted by Ghost407

Where can I get that tshirt?!?! The 17 bit one!!!

Posted by Shuborno

Really cool to see this as I've wanted anyone to show Windows 8 in action, even if it's just one app on the platform.

It's also neat of them to support ARM, since I'm expecting most games will only support the Win8 Pro version that's just a regular Intel CPU machine.

Posted by Duxa

lol @ Ryan

Posted by AssInAss

The asynchronous stuff is like a chess player playing many games at once.

"SKULLS OF THE SHOGUN IS FOR THE CHESS PLAYER IN YOU!"

Posted by Brendan

@wompa421 said:

"i'm sure people have seen the 360 version plenty of times" no patrick i haven't in fact i've never heard of this game so i have no idea what the hell they were doing this whole video.

There's a quicklook of this game running on a console on this site. There's no point in having redundant content so you're free to watch that video as well as this one.

Posted by TehJedicake

@wompa421 said:

"i'm sure people have seen the 360 version plenty of times" no patrick i haven't in fact i've never heard of this game so i had no idea what the hell they were doing the whole video.

and obviously according to the giantbomb community, that's Patrick's fault. Everything is Patrick's fault.

Posted by TehJedicake

@Terjay said:

@CrazyBagMan said:

@Terjay said:

If said content is as useless as this video, then yes.

Ohhh! Of course, sorry sorry, we forgot that you're taste in gaming and content is the only one that matters on the website. It won't happen again, and next time Giantbomb plans on making a video, they'll be sure to ask you if you're interested in the game.

Posted by Patman99

Ryan has been demoted to Camera Boy. RIP Ryan.

Posted by wrecks
Posted by Ghost407

@wrecks: You are awesome!!!! thank you so much! totally made my day!

Posted by theManUnknown

It's a developer interview masked as a Quick Look, really.

Posted by Flip175

The guy on the left's voice seriously surprised me, sounded super low and synthesized at times. I probably won't get it but the game looks alright, and Surface is looks really nice.

Posted by Ehker

Since the camera is setup, how about a Gravity Rush quick look?

• 160 results