71 Comments
  • 71 results
Posted by MrBen

I Loved 2033. But somehow I'm not feelin it.

Posted by DragonNinja789

oh shit this is going to be good.

Posted by dyong

Get out of here, umm, RANGER!

Posted by MeatSim

That guy sure does talk a lot. Maybe if he kept quiet the monsters wouldn't have found their position.

Posted by Humanity

Despite a unique world and narrative I thought Metro 2033 was a pretty mediocre to sometimes bad game to play and this looks like more of the same in a way. I'll wait for reviews and a Quick Look but so far it hasn't changed my mind much.

Posted by ItBeStefYo

That plane sequence was horrifying :(

Posted by pweidman

Bad ass! I loved Metro 2033, and can't wait to play this one. The books on the other hand are a slog to read through...some's lost in translation pretty sure.

Posted by IcarusFoundYou

That flashback gave me chills. Loved 2033 and the atmosphere it gave. I will miss Uncle Bourbon though.

Posted by Packie

@Zaccheus said:

2033 was very atmospheric but the shooting was just awful. The guns were really cool, but they just had no impact on anything. Pump a clip to an enemy without even knowing if you are hitting it and then at some point it ragdolls... This looks a bit better, but I'm not sure yet. I will play it anyway since I really like the setting and style.

Play on Ranger mode. It decreases the amount of ammo you pick up and you can one-shot most enemies but most enemies can one-shot kill you. Best way to play the game.

Posted by MattClassic

@thebigJ_A said:

@teh_destroyer said:

Is 2023 anything like this? Because this looks awesome.

Yes, it's almost exactly like this. 2033 is an excellent game. Bit of a resource hog on the PC, but looks phenomenal. The 360 version is no slouch either, if you want to go that route. I believe it's available for download.

I didn't notice until reading this post that 2033 isn't part of the title. Weird.

And yes, you should go play 2033 if you have a 360 or a capable PC, it's a great game. If you're the kind of person that thinks good atmosphere is enough to make up for some gameplay flaws, you'll probably really like it. It's on 33% off discount as part of the Steam Summer sale right now (it was $5 as part of a flash sale yesterday, but is still totally worth it at the current $13.39 price).

Posted by Zaccheus

2033 was very atmospheric but the shooting was just awful. The guns were really cool, but they just had no impact on anything. Pump a clip to an enemy without even knowing if you are hitting it and then at some point it ragdolls... This looks a bit better, but I'm not sure yet. I will play it anyway since I really like the setting and style.

Edited by dcgc

Ugh, that english. Russian please.

Edit: Is Nolan North voicing this?

Posted by Dredlockz

Will your companion ever shut up?

Posted by happymeowmeow

Glad Metro 2033 did well enough for a sequel, I liked it myself but had doubts that it would catch on, especially with the mixed reviews it received at the time. Another one of those games where you have to work through it's quirks, but if you do, it's totally worth it.

Posted by thebigJ_A

@teh_destroyer said:

Yes, it's almost exactly like this. 2033 is an excellent game. Bit of a resource hog on the PC, but looks phenomenal. The 360 version is no slouch either, if you want to go that route. I believe it's available for download.

Posted by bkbroiler

Wow, this looks great. Glad I got 2033 on the Steam sale now. Gotta get my fix. Hope it runs well!

Posted by Grimhild
Posted by chilipeppersman

I hope its better than the first, that game was unstable as hell

Posted by teh_destroyer

Posted by Taklulas
Posted by BlueWolverine

Subtitles it is.

Posted by SortedeVaras

So nothing for months on Last Light then this video. . .just come out and I will throw money at you game. :/

Posted by unholyone123

@holybins said:

Uh...looks like a shooter? Not seeing why this is exciting or different in any way.

I think the post-apocalyptic thing is still pretty popular. I also like the idea of seeing a different cultures, in this case Russian, interpretation of what a post-apocalyptic world would be like.

Posted by The_Nubster

I love how similar it looks to the first. I was afraid they'd wank around with the way it works, but all of that foreign charm- gas masks, pumping the energy box, bullet economy -is here in full force.

Posted by Nomin

The 'Crysis' of next gen

Posted by Arkasai

@Tolkienfanatic: Seems like it would be simple to have a user's webcam or TrackIR register the motion. It would be pretty neat if it worked 100% of the time, so a quick swipe of my hand in front of the screen clears all the blood and guts. It'd definitely feel more realistic, because you have to either stop shooting or stop moving for a second to clear your vision, just like real life.

Posted by Mensyn

Fucking demons!

Posted by holybins

Uh...looks like a shooter? Not seeing why this is exciting or different in any way.

Posted by TheSouthernDandy

Oh man I am beyond excited for this game. 2033 was so rad one of my favorite games I've ever played. This looks incredible.

Posted by Nethlem

I really liked the first one, even tho i can't remember much about the story anymore at this point.

This looks like it could be quite entertaining too. Guess it's gonna play like the first one, a russian post-apoc version of Half Life. Need more of that stuff!

Posted by HKZ

Holy shit, a Nixie watch?! Was that in the first one? I haven't been able to play the first one all the way through because it puts my PC into a headlock and performance is crap. This looks amazing too. I really liked the book, ending was weak, but the atmosphere in the book was second to none.

Posted by Robopengy

Reminded me of everything I loved about the first one! Can't wait!

Edited by Paindamnation

@bybeach said:

Antione! Antione! I like to talk non-stop! Even when I am nearly dying ! But you know what Antione? This looks like a good game!

Artyom . Not Antione. Also the supporting character reminds me of The Mole from South Park the movie.

Posted by Scratch

Manually clean shit off of your mask? Fuck Yes!

Posted by bybeach

Antione! Antione! I like to talk non-stop! Even when I am nearly dying ! But you know what Antione? This looks like a good game!

Posted by Stimpack

@Xeirus: Well, if you ever watched All in the Family, that guy was anything but a meathead. I honestly just thought it was slang for "dummy", not necessarily a body-building dummy. Either way, no need to nitpick.

Posted by Stimpack

Did you know that the majority of people in the world were born on January 1st, 1987?

Posted by GERALTITUDE

Wow, super impressive. Wish my copy of Metro 2033 wouldn't crash twenty minutes into the game... really want to play it now.

Posted by AndrewBeardsley

2033 was so good. I loved every moment of it. even if it was a little buggy. Im stoked for this.

Posted by Tesla

I want this game! Metro 2033 is fantastic, glad to see it get a sequel.

Posted by Xeirus

@Packie said:

@Heti said:

@Packie: I think you're misremembering. You had people with you for a lot of the game. And they talked about things in the world constantly.

Yes you're right. The difference is that those characters were interesting and fun to listen to. Bourbon the drunk, Khan the creepy religious figure and so on. The guy in this demo is just a regular old meathead with a big mouth, very uninteresting. Still he could be interesting and I'm judging prematurely.

A meathead, what the hell are you talking about.... do you even know what that means?

Posted by Xeirus

@theimmortalbum said:

@Lysergica33 said:

That scene with the nuke was fucking haunting. I must play this.

Uh yeah. Thinking about things like that really wigs me out, more so now since I'm married and have a six month old daughter.. terrifies me.

Man, my jaw was open.

I won't play this game because I'm a wuss, but damn it looks amazing.

Posted by Tolkienfanatic

I really hope there is a dedicated face mask wiping button

Posted by Stonyman65

@wllmyrs: It's $5 as of 7/17/12 @3:03PM EST

You've got like 10 hours. GET IT.

Posted by R3DT1D3

@Th3_James: Metro 2033 was fairly true to the book but this game is going to stray farther away from the Metro 2034 book so they want to distinguish that it's not going to be the same.

Posted by mbr2

Stop feeding my fear of nuclear war. :(

Posted by Th3_James

Metro 2033 was one of my favourite shooters, the atmosphere was really cool.

I wish they had stuck with calling this Metro 2034 instead of Last light, but I can see why they chose it.

Posted by hawkinson76

He said check the FUCKING corners!

Posted by CornBREDX

I still need haven't played the first one. I really want to. Man- so many freaking games... so little time.

Posted by Terjay

This will probably look pretty amazing in stereoscopic 3D.

• 71 results