235 Comments
Edited by shodan2020

I want this for the mascot games alone. :)

Posted by ThePickle

@Soap said:

American Hand Egg

Please don't call it that...

Posted by Soap

As someone who also has no idea about anything to do with American Hand Egg this was brilliant.

Posted by Delta_Ass

I hear there's gonna be a tuning data update to tear down Joe Pa's statue.

Edited by cordialsnail

Everything I know about football I learned from Giant Bomb dot com. Thanks Giant Bomb dot com.

Posted by Krystal_Sackful

All those Alligator men, its like the monster society of evil.

Also, FSU's mascot is a guy on a horse, how does that work in mascot mode?

Posted by Marino

@CitizenKane said:

I can't think of anything more frustration, yet so hilarious as watching non-sports followers play a sports game.

I was thinking the same thing when I watched it. Being a Tide fan, I couldn't help but laugh when Jeff was confounded as to why Alabama would be listed first when "there are other 'a' teams" alphabetically first.

Staff Online
Posted by CitizenKane

I can't think of anything more frustration, yet so hilarious as watching non-sports followers play a sports game.

Posted by theimmortalbum

@Bigpaul321 said:

The video is of Herm Edwards(an ESPN analyst/X coach talking about different teams(in this case the Jets) and what they need to do in the next year to be better :)

And Herm used to play for the Eagles, then coached the Jets and the Chiefs.

Posted by oneidwille

i love the first 5 mins of this video

Posted by ShuaReborn

Man this is making me wanna buy either this or the new Madden... I don't play sports games, but damn they made this look fun.

Posted by Bigpaul321

The video is of Herm Edwards(an ESPN analyst/X coach talking about different teams(in this case the Jets) and what they need to do in the next year to be better :)

Posted by Peety

Three!

Posted by MadMagyar92

Vinny doing a hail mary on 4th and 30: I ain't even mad.

Posted by ThePickle

Video crapped out a like 30 minutes in.

Posted by dvorak

@Spatulalad said:

sport of kings. better than diamond rings. football.

Not as good as iced canes or speckleball though, you have to admit.

Posted by Mathey

sport of kings. better than diamond rings. football.

Posted by BabelTower

@Troispoint said:

@BabelTower: Make sure you learn about the actual sport before buying Madden though. Because its pretty complicated to the non-initiated.

Hah! That's probably exactly how I will completely fail in my Madden career. Good advice though, will google some info about the actual sport before I dive head-first into buff guys throwing Stewie-head shaped objects. Will be fun! ^^

Posted by Troispoint

@BabelTower: Make sure you learn about the actual sport before buying Madden though. Because its pretty complicated to the non-initiated.

Posted by dropabombonit

Girl I'm taking you to Ball State would be the best/worst chat up line

Posted by EmoHobo

Vinny and Jeff are like the dream team.

Posted by altairre

That was fun to watch. To quote Jeff:

Posted by Rewcastle

not bad

Posted by Dan_CiTi

WAIT WHAT VINNY WENT TO COLLEGE IN BUFFALO?! I LOVE THIS CITY!!! AND HE CALLED OUT TEMPLE WHERE MY SiSTER GRADUATED FROM...THANK YOU BASED VINNY.

Posted by GoldBlaze

"My wrist hurts, this one's okay."

I just about died laughing.

Posted by CaptainCharisma

This and that rollercoaster quick look have to be some of my all time favorites.

Posted by WVUEers

In regards to the mascot challenge mode (which has been a lame feature for a few years) when you use the "truck" stick and you had the ball the mascots would do crazy moves like a flip or something when they were running, so to be fair Jeff and Vinny weren't playing that mode "right". Overall though the mode kind of breaks the game and has been a lazy addition to the game for years.

Edited by BabelTower

I'm one of those 'Europeans' that can be very nagging with the whole football/soccer naming thing, but American Football always looks so brutally fun. There something entertaining about it, and I'm absolutely not a sport guy. Maybe I'll pick up one of those Maddens these days...

Posted by Sarumarine

@Kingfalcon said:

@RedRoach said:

@leejunfan83 said:

@csl316 said:

I was worried that they'd bastardize this game, which they totally did. But between this and NBA Live '95, I need more athletic Jeff/Vinny.

what is this nba 95 and where van i watch them play it?

It was on the most recent SNES stream and was hilarious.

THREE!

Posted by BaconGames

THREE!

Posted by Kingfalcon

@RedRoach said:

@leejunfan83 said:

@csl316 said:

I was worried that they'd bastardize this game, which they totally did. But between this and NBA Live '95, I need more athletic Jeff/Vinny.

It was on the most recent SNES stream and was hilarious.

Posted by RedRoach

@leejunfan83 said:

@csl316 said:

Posted by Dan_CiTi

I'm obsessed with the ESPN logo model in this game for some reason.

Posted by ItalianStallion

LET THE AMUSEMENT BEGIN

Posted by mrhollender

This is the most detail-oriented RTS I've ever seen.

Edited by KevinK

WHICH ONE ARE THE GAMECOCKS?.

Edit: God, after reading these comments, I realize it's pretty fucking obnoxious to be lectured by Europeans about what "real football" is. Yes, we know what you call football. For Christssake, shut up.

Posted by Tesla

Awesome quick look!

Edited by ApocalypseLater

Man. Football season can't get here fast enough. If Madden doesn't have those repetitive between-play animations, the Infinity engine might be enough innovation for me to want to buy it.

Vinny's much more knowledgeable about the game than he lets on.

Posted by Roomrunner

"wrist hurts - this one's ok"

Posted by gbrading

Being from Britain I know nothing about American Football, but I loved this Quick Look. Really great stuff.

Edited by Meowshi

@eloj said:

@Meowshi said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Yeah Madden and NCAA aren't insanely popular, nope, not at all.

Almost as popular as the FIFA games, and we know how we're all drooling over GB:QLs of those!

Oh, my mistake. When you said "nobody", I didn't figure you were talking solely about the fringe minority of dorks who populate this website. Carry on.

Posted by Milkman

"IT'S A FAKE YOU GOT IT"

I died.

Posted by 234r2we232

"Ehhh, looks good" Put it on the box!

Posted by Rmack

One of the best quick looks this year.

Posted by leejunfan83

@csl316 said:

Posted by bill

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah YUP Yeah

Posted by danimal_furry

3. Alabama was first because they won the championship. 4. I am clearly sol in need for a dose of college football that I found their game pretty entertaining. It was funny, either way. 6. I apologize if I pissed off anyone. 7. You should attend a college football game or as many as you can (mainly in the south east) and see what is to love. Rivalries that date back before your grandparentsm tailgating, and a feeling you belong to something greater. My fanship has made me close enough to get court and field side tickets for free. I guarantee half of the US would be impressed with that.

Posted by danimal_furry

I have received several messages concerning my explosion on this QL. I don't feel like I really need to explain thingsm as I was clearly not mad at the QL as venting my frustration. In fact, I stated I was too frustrated for the day to put up with the college football ignorance I am used to. In realitym I got over it (which is what normal people do). I w1qatched the video and laughed my tail off. Now for the comments: 1. The whole time I knew the guys had no knowledge of college sports... as far as they claim (Brad is from here. He has no excuse•), 2. I realize the guys were ominously close to crap they were talking about... but i couldn't take that frustration they were talking about

Edited by manbot47

@JokerSmilez: for those of us who couldn't care less about a college football sim them dicking around is the only thing making it worth watching

Posted by ThatIndianGuy7116

@JokerSmilez: In his defense, he was still giving the game credit, praising it for the presentation style and look of it.

I think he was just trying to have fun with a game that he wouldn't have played otherwise, not necessarily trying to give the game less credit than it deserves. If someone really wanted to buy this, they would probably go to more than one video