235 Comments
Posted by dr_mantas

Oh my god it's a FAKE!

Posted by deerokus

I kind of wish they would release these outside the US, they seem a bit better than Madden.

Posted by Meowshi

SOUTH CAROLINA GAMECOCKS WOOOOOH!

FUCK CLEMSON!

Posted by BeachThunder

4.5 mins of logos :o

Posted by Cday

@deerokus: This game has the Akron Zips in it, so it's way better basically.

Posted by Meowshi
Posted by Meowshi

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

I hope this is hilarious because otherwise, I don't think anybody cares about simulation football.

EDIT: All right, this is hilarious. Beautiful QL.

Yeah Madden and NCAA aren't insanely popular, nope, not at all.

Posted by Shaka999

@Meowshi: Sounds accurate to me.

Posted by Coketruck

Since this is one of the few contextually appropriate times I'll get to say this on here: Go Gators!

Posted by a5ehren

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

I hope this is hilarious because otherwise, I don't think anybody cares about simulation football.

Not many people here, but Madden and NCAA sell tons of copies.

Posted by Reddy1124

@mnzy: Alabama was the first team shown because they won the National Championship this past year.

Posted by samcroft90

For some reason I found that Badger dance at 34:18 ridiculously funny

Posted by DjDonFrancisco

Herm Edwards was hamming it up.

Posted by teh_destroyer

" This wrist hurts, this one is ok." lol.

Edited by sixpin

@a5ehren said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Not many people here, but Madden and NCAA sell tons of copies.

Funny enough, where I live we have no pro teams, but college is huge. NCAA sells well here, but Madden barely sales at all. I actually work for this state's big university, but I'm more of a pro football guy.

Posted by ProfessorK

Vinny's enthusiasm made this QL for me. Remember always go for it on 4th down guys!

Posted by triviaman09

Pretty great QL. I haven't bought an NCAA Football game since '08, but at this point I'll probably go for '12 instead of this one.

Posted by Korne

I love how they make fun of the Washington State Cougars... even if it is one of the best logos.

Posted by Daiphyer

Goddammit Vinny, you always make me laugh.

Posted by Gee_rad

0-0 in the 2nd quarter, 4 and 30 on your own 45, throw a Hail Mary.

I Love Vinny.

Posted by eloj

@Meowshi said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Almost as popular as the FIFA games, and we know how we're all drooling over GB:QLs of those!

Posted by BrianP

THREE!

Posted by heavyplay

As someone that doesn't follow American football at all, I gotta say that this QL is awesome.

Edited by slayergnome

Virginia Tech WOO

Hokie is a Maroon Turkey by the way.

Posted by Funky_Student_101

Front of the menu, WSU is the Cougars!

Crimson Pride!!!

Posted by DukesT3

Theres a high school coach that always goes for it on fourth down. His team won state last year or the year before.

Posted by csl316

I was worried that they'd bastardize this game, which they totally did. But between this and NBA Live '95, I need more athletic Jeff/Vinny.

Posted by DigitalRichard

I like how Jeff said "Which team is the Gamecocks" and they immediately pass South Carolina

Posted by Super_Sonic_Awesome

Don't let these guys fool you. Jeff is a baseball fan and Vinny said himself he played some football in high school. I'd be interested just how many sports games and or sports fans we have here.

Posted by MooseyMcMan

This makes me upset that UMass doesn't have a better logo (I go there). They could easily have something with a Minuteman spearing a Redcoat with a "gun-sword."

Posted by Iodine

@DigitalRichard said:

I like how Jeff said "Which team is the Gamecocks" and they immediately pass South Carolina

I chuckled at this also

Edited by MeatSim

Giant Bomb tops everyone with it's comprehensive college video game football coverage.

Posted by JokerSmilez

The thing I hate about when Vinny is in Quick Looks is that all he wants to do is break the game. Set things on really hard, mess with the weather, basically make sure that whatever you see in the Quick Look will not represent the average experience so the Quick Look has no value and that it's boring to watch because it's just them struggling to do anything at all.

Posted by Fonzinator

Seeing Vinny pick the Badgers and then remembering that they f***ed their season despite being so good makes me sad.

Posted by BrandonPckrfn

As a pretty hardcore football fun, this video and especially commentary was one of the best things I have seen in a long time, hahaha!

Posted by ThatIndianGuy7116

@JokerSmilez: In his defense, he was still giving the game credit, praising it for the presentation style and look of it.

I think he was just trying to have fun with a game that he wouldn't have played otherwise, not necessarily trying to give the game less credit than it deserves. If someone really wanted to buy this, they would probably go to more than one video

Edited by manbot47

@JokerSmilez: for those of us who couldn't care less about a college football sim them dicking around is the only thing making it worth watching

Posted by danimal_furry

I have received several messages concerning my explosion on this QL. I don't feel like I really need to explain thingsm as I was clearly not mad at the QL as venting my frustration. In fact, I stated I was too frustrated for the day to put up with the college football ignorance I am used to. In realitym I got over it (which is what normal people do). I w1qatched the video and laughed my tail off. Now for the comments: 1. The whole time I knew the guys had no knowledge of college sports... as far as they claim (Brad is from here. He has no excuse•), 2. I realize the guys were ominously close to crap they were talking about... but i couldn't take that frustration they were talking about

Posted by danimal_furry

3. Alabama was first because they won the championship. 4. I am clearly sol in need for a dose of college football that I found their game pretty entertaining. It was funny, either way. 6. I apologize if I pissed off anyone. 7. You should attend a college football game or as many as you can (mainly in the south east) and see what is to love. Rivalries that date back before your grandparentsm tailgating, and a feeling you belong to something greater. My fanship has made me close enough to get court and field side tickets for free. I guarantee half of the US would be impressed with that.

Posted by bill

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah YUP Yeah

Posted by leejunfan83

@csl316 said:

I was worried that they'd bastardize this game, which they totally did. But between this and NBA Live '95, I need more athletic Jeff/Vinny.

Posted by Rmack

One of the best quick looks this year.

Posted by 234r2we232

"Ehhh, looks good" Put it on the box!

Posted by Milkman

"IT'S A FAKE YOU GOT IT"

I died.

Edited by Meowshi

@eloj said:

@Meowshi said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Almost as popular as the FIFA games, and we know how we're all drooling over GB:QLs of those!

Oh, my mistake. When you said "nobody", I didn't figure you were talking solely about the fringe minority of dorks who populate this website. Carry on.

Posted by gbrading

Being from Britain I know nothing about American Football, but I loved this Quick Look. Really great stuff.

Posted by Roomrunner

"wrist hurts - this one's ok"

Edited by ApocalypseLater

Man. Football season can't get here fast enough. If Madden doesn't have those repetitive between-play animations, the Infinity engine might be enough innovation for me to want to buy it.

Vinny's much more knowledgeable about the game than he lets on.

Posted by Tesla

Awesome quick look!

Edited by KevinK

WHICH ONE ARE THE GAMECOCKS?.

Edit: God, after reading these comments, I realize it's pretty fucking obnoxious to be lectured by Europeans about what "real football" is. Yes, we know what you call football. For Christssake, shut up.