235 Comments
Posted by mrhollender

This is the most detail-oriented RTS I've ever seen.

Posted by ItalianStallion

LET THE AMUSEMENT BEGIN

Posted by Dan_CiTi

I'm obsessed with the ESPN logo model in this game for some reason.

Posted by RedRoach

@leejunfan83 said:

@csl316 said:

I was worried that they'd bastardize this game, which they totally did. But between this and NBA Live '95, I need more athletic Jeff/Vinny.

what is this nba 95 and where van i watch them play it?

Posted by Kingfalcon

@RedRoach said:

@leejunfan83 said:

@csl316 said:

I was worried that they'd bastardize this game, which they totally did. But between this and NBA Live '95, I need more athletic Jeff/Vinny.

It was on the most recent SNES stream and was hilarious.

Posted by BaconGames

THREE!

Posted by Sarumarine

@Kingfalcon said:

@RedRoach said:

@leejunfan83 said:

@csl316 said:

It was on the most recent SNES stream and was hilarious.

THREE!

Edited by BabelTower

I'm one of those 'Europeans' that can be very nagging with the whole football/soccer naming thing, but American Football always looks so brutally fun. There something entertaining about it, and I'm absolutely not a sport guy. Maybe I'll pick up one of those Maddens these days...

Posted by WVUEers

In regards to the mascot challenge mode (which has been a lame feature for a few years) when you use the "truck" stick and you had the ball the mascots would do crazy moves like a flip or something when they were running, so to be fair Jeff and Vinny weren't playing that mode "right". Overall though the mode kind of breaks the game and has been a lazy addition to the game for years.

Posted by CaptainCharisma

This and that rollercoaster quick look have to be some of my all time favorites.

Posted by GoldBlaze

"My wrist hurts, this one's okay."

I just about died laughing.

Posted by Dan_CiTi

WAIT WHAT VINNY WENT TO COLLEGE IN BUFFALO?! I LOVE THIS CITY!!! AND HE CALLED OUT TEMPLE WHERE MY SiSTER GRADUATED FROM...THANK YOU BASED VINNY.

Posted by Rewcastle

not bad

Posted by altairre

That was fun to watch. To quote Jeff:

Posted by EmoHobo

Vinny and Jeff are like the dream team.

Posted by dropabombonit

Girl I'm taking you to Ball State would be the best/worst chat up line

Posted by Troispoint

@BabelTower: Make sure you learn about the actual sport before buying Madden though. Because its pretty complicated to the non-initiated.

Posted by BabelTower

@Troispoint said:

@BabelTower: Make sure you learn about the actual sport before buying Madden though. Because its pretty complicated to the non-initiated.

Hah! That's probably exactly how I will completely fail in my Madden career. Good advice though, will google some info about the actual sport before I dive head-first into buff guys throwing Stewie-head shaped objects. Will be fun! ^^

Posted by Mathey

sport of kings. better than diamond rings. football.

Posted by dvorak

@Spatulalad said:

sport of kings. better than diamond rings. football.

Not as good as iced canes or speckleball though, you have to admit.

Posted by ThePickle

Video crapped out a like 30 minutes in.

Posted by MadMagyar92

Vinny doing a hail mary on 4th and 30: I ain't even mad.

Posted by Peety

Three!

Posted by Bigpaul321

The video is of Herm Edwards(an ESPN analyst/X coach talking about different teams(in this case the Jets) and what they need to do in the next year to be better :)

Posted by ShuaReborn

Man this is making me wanna buy either this or the new Madden... I don't play sports games, but damn they made this look fun.

Posted by oneidwille

i love the first 5 mins of this video

Posted by theimmortalbum

@Bigpaul321 said:

The video is of Herm Edwards(an ESPN analyst/X coach talking about different teams(in this case the Jets) and what they need to do in the next year to be better :)

And Herm used to play for the Eagles, then coached the Jets and the Chiefs.

Posted by CitizenKane

I can't think of anything more frustration, yet so hilarious as watching non-sports followers play a sports game.

Posted by Marino

@CitizenKane said:

I can't think of anything more frustration, yet so hilarious as watching non-sports followers play a sports game.

I was thinking the same thing when I watched it. Being a Tide fan, I couldn't help but laugh when Jeff was confounded as to why Alabama would be listed first when "there are other 'a' teams" alphabetically first.

Staff
Posted by Krystal_Sackful

All those Alligator men, its like the monster society of evil.

Also, FSU's mascot is a guy on a horse, how does that work in mascot mode?

Edited by cordialsnail

Everything I know about football I learned from Giant Bomb dot com. Thanks Giant Bomb dot com.

Posted by Delta_Ass

I hear there's gonna be a tuning data update to tear down Joe Pa's statue.

Posted by Soap

As someone who also has no idea about anything to do with American Hand Egg this was brilliant.

Posted by ThePickle

@Soap said:

American Hand Egg

Please don't call it that...

Edited by shodan2020

I want this for the mascot games alone. :)