Posted by JohnnyWalker

gettin dis

Posted by OllyOxenFree

Holy shit this looks good.

Posted by Redbullet685

@emem said:

Loved the first one, can't wait either.

@Redbullet685 said:

Also, didn't really care for Darksiders 1, but this looks pretty damn cool.

It looks exactly like Darksiders 1, to be honest. :)

It just looks much faster to me. And the loot system and skill tree stuff sounds great.

Posted by DeF

@Redbullet685 said:

@emem said:

@Redbullet685 said:

It just looks much faster to me. And the loot system and skill tree stuff sounds great.

Yup ... it actually does not look like the first game at all. Like you said, it's much faster and all the loot and skill stuff wasn't there, Death's movements are way more fluid and also, this takes places in fantasy land, not in post-apocalypse Earth-city.

Posted by Brake

So damn psyched for this game!

Posted by Anim8td_fan

I can't wait for this to come out since I liked the original Darksiders and this one is looking really good. Its one of my most anticipated titles of this year.

Posted by andrewf87462

I'm really liking the look of the combat, will definitely be picking this one up.

Posted by EthanielRain

Woke up early to watch this. Worth it.

Posted by SolongWrex

Those menu icons are way too cute for this game.

Posted by Bistromath

Wow, I had no idea they added all this stuff.

Posted by AndrewB

Hoooray. Cancer jokes. That's a nervous Quick Look EX in a nutshell.

Edited by emem
@DeF said:

@Redbullet685 said:

@emem said:

@Redbullet685

said:

Yup ... it actually does not look like the first game at all. Like you said, it's much faster and all the loot and skill stuff wasn't there, Death's movements are way more fluid and also, this takes places in fantasy land, not in post-apocalypse Earth-city.

@Redbullet685: Yeah, the loot system and the skill tree are two very cool additions. 

@DeF: Hm to me it totally has that distinct Darksiders look and feel. The movement is slightly faster and the way you chain attacks is definitely more smooth, but the combat mechanics are the same, the heaviness and power behind attacks are still there as well, imho.  

And I would argue that Darksiders 1 takes place in a post-apocalyptic fantasy land. ,p

Either way, to me personally it's a good thing that the game reminds me that much of the prequel... maybe it's just me, though. 

Edit: Oh and what I initially meant to say was just that everyone who thinks that Darksiders 2 looks cool should buy and play through Darksiders 1, it's preeeeetty good.
Posted by RNiemeijer

Looks pretty awesome.

Posted by KeyzerSoze1979

I am a huge fan of the first game and cant wait to play this one! Dat Loot!!!

Posted by mak_wikus

I need to play the first one FAST!

Posted by Baal_Sagoth

I really enjoyed some the the 'bigger picture' discussion in this one. Very interesting stuff and the answers seemed to be pretty genuine as far as I can tell. There's a lot to like about the first Darksiders, namely the style, variety and depth of gameplay options, but unfortunately I had some severe technical issues with crashes on the PC/ Steam version. I don't know how widespread these issues are but it wasn't enjoyable to play for an extended length of time with only having checkpoints and random setbacks due to technical errors.

And without being able to smoothly finish the first one I won't touch Darksiders II but I might just be in an unlucky minority.

Posted by DeF

@emem: Well yea sure, the basic art direction is the same obviously and the combat is based on the first game. I assumed "looks the same" implied more than just the obvious superficial part :)

Regardless, watching this I remembered overhearing Gamestop clerks discussing how "nothing seems to be coming out this year" back in February. I facepalmed then but now, my palm won't do anymore. Man this year has so much cool stuff out already or still coming.

Posted by Moncole

What an amazing game.

Posted by dropabombonit

I played 5 hours of Darksiders 1 and found it solid but not super interesting. Don't want to go back to it. But the combat looks much better in this game and the loot should help vary it more. Might check it out when it comes out

Posted by ManiacMaysin

This game looks awesome!

Posted by ProfessorK

I have to admit that I didn't finish the first game even though I'm near the end. Not that I didn't like it, but something just wore thin with me and I think it was the combat. It felt like even though I had so many moves that I never felt very powerful except when fighting the weakest of enemies even by the end of the game. I'm on the hype train for this game though as it just looks plain fun to fight enemies and traverse

Edited by Vitor

This looks like Zelda with deep RPG systems - how is everyone not more excited for this game?!

The first one was super solid and this looks to improve on it almost entirely.

EDIT: With Prince of Persia-style platforming? Cannot wait.

Posted by Wallace316

I didn't finish the first game either since I could only borrow it from a friend for about a week, but I'll definitely put some serious thought into getting this game. It looks CRAZY.

Posted by BrainSonata

Not many games excite me these days. Currently I'm adding this to the list. Guild Wars 2 and Darksiders 2 get hype.

Posted by DeanoXD

I picked up Darksiders 1 for my PS3 when it came out, played a couple hours of it and hated it i was fighting the controls i wasn't having with the combat. I don't know how long after but i ended up buying it again for my 360 started play it again and just found my groove with it and it turned out to be a fantastic game. Even though i had some frustrating moments with it, most like do to my lack skill, i ended up really liking the game.

So this QL confirms that Darksiders 2 is still my most anticipated game this year.

Posted by SAC

Anyone else getting a Raziel (from LoK: SR) vibe from Death's character design?

Posted by TehPickle

Hot damn that combat is hugely improved from the first one (the one big gripe I had).

Combat numbers all over the screen is always an improvement too, as far as I'm concerned.

Posted by Evan_Buchholz

I appreciate developers who can provide good responses with the crew's comments throughout a video.

Also this game looks rad as funk. I still need to play the 1st one.

Posted by Terranova

@SAC said:

Anyone else getting a Raziel (from LoK: SR) vibe from Death's character design?

Yeah i can see where you get that from, Raziel was a good design for a Death like character that was nimble and combat / magic focused so maybe the Darksiders devs liked those aspects and chose them for their Death design.

Posted by cbarnes86

... Why is August looking soooo damn good for vidya games?

Posted by AlisterCat

I love everything I'm seeing and the commentary on this video. Absolutely getting this.

Posted by Declarius

Geez, lack of AA and AF is pretty bad. Thankfully you can force that stuff on the PC version.

Posted by razielrioux

I have yet to play Darksiders 1. Just looking at the footage, how does this compare?

Posted by zungerman090

Hopefully we'll get another longer Quick Look for this. This is looking aces.

Posted by AlisterCat

If you want to get the PC version of this then order it from ShopTHQ (their online store). It's a steamworks game anyway, and comes with loads of DLC and a season pass. Seems like good value.

Posted by AlisterCat

@razielrioux said:

I have yet to play Darksiders 1. Just looking at the footage, how does this compare?

It's pretty much the same except the combo system isn't as elaborate or deep, no loot, no levelling. It's the same as the first but with more depth added. If you like this then play the first.

Posted by rebgav

Damn, I can't stand Darksiders art style. It kind of looks like an expensive F2P MMO.

Posted by Funzzo

@AlisterCat said:

If you want to get the PC version of this then order it from ShopTHQ (their online store). It's a steamworks game anyway, and comes with loads of DLC and a season pass. Seems like good value.

Thanks for the info. That is a good deal.

Posted by CaLe

@AlisterCat said:

I did this and yeah it does seem like a good deal, but I didn't see anything about when I will receive the CD key to input into Steam..

Posted by VikG

Great QL EX, thanks guys :-)

Posted by Maajin

@sissylion said:

The first game was mad boring. Can't say I'm interested in seeing how the sequel is, but I can give it twenty minutes of my time.

If it's anything like the first one, you may need to give it a bit more. Darksiders 1 only started to get really interesting for me in Tiamat's dungeon.

Posted by Phatmac

This game is gonna be rad!!

Posted by BlueLantern1995

This keeps on moving up on my Wanted list

Posted by VargasPrime

@CaLe said:

@AlisterCat said:

I did this and yeah it does seem like a good deal, but I didn't see anything about when I will receive the CD key to input into Steam..

Trying to go there to see what the deal is but the website isn't loading at all

Pre-ordering on Steam gets you the first DLC plus a couple of weapons for free. Is the bonus for ordering from THQ directly a better one?

Posted by rmanthorp

I loved Darksiders 1 so much! Really excited for this one to drop the combat looks 10x better!

Posted by VargasPrime

@razielrioux said:

Stylistically, it's very similar, obviously. Death looks to be a little more agile in combat than War was. The leveling, skill trees, and loot are all completely new.

This game looks like they just took the first game and added a whole bunch of cool stuff to it. The first one itself wasn't winning any prizes in the originality department, but what it did, it did extremely well. This one looks to be borrowing a number of ideas from even MORE games, and if it's even close to the first game in how tight and well-put-together it is (which it looks to be from this video), it's going to be great.

Edited by TekZero

Once again reminds me of Soul Reaver. Must buy.

God, I wish I never traded in Darksiders 1.

Posted by AlisterCat

@VargasPrime said:

@CaLe said:

@AlisterCat said:

Pre-ordering on Steam gets you the first DLC plus a couple of weapons for free. Is the bonus for ordering from THQ directly a better one?

Here is the link: http://shop.thq.com/store/thqworld/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.26519900/productID.241232700

shopTHQ Exclusive!
Pre-order the Darksiders II shopTHQ Premium Pack and get...
  • Free Exclusive DLC Season Pass (Includes DLC Pack 2 & 3)
  • Free Argul’s Tomb Limited Edition DLC
  • Free Maker’s Armour & Scythe Set
  • Free Metro 2033 Download

Exclusive weapons are spread across all sorts of retailers, but they aren't specific about the one you get from shopTHQ but since you get the DLC you get from ShopTHQ includes all the future packs then I'd say it's a good deal.

Posted by VargasPrime

@AlisterCat said:

@VargasPrime said:

@CaLe said:

@AlisterCat said:

Here is the link: http://shop.thq.com/store/thqworld/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.26519900/productID.241232700

shopTHQ Exclusive!
Pre-order the Darksiders II shopTHQ Premium Pack and get...
  • Free Exclusive DLC Season Pass (Includes DLC Pack 2 & 3)
  • Free Argul’s Tomb Limited Edition DLC
  • Free Maker’s Armour & Scythe Set
  • Free Metro 2033 Download

Exclusive weapons are spread across all sorts of retailers, but they aren't specific about the one you get from shopTHQ but since you get the DLC you get from ShopTHQ includes all the future packs then I'd say it's a good deal.

Yup, that's much better. Getting all three DLC packs for the same price as the regular game is a great deal. Thanks for the heads up!

Posted by 49th

Ewww, damage numbers and health bars. Hope you can turn those off.