261 Comments
Posted by Rmack

Hilarious QL and the game looks great. I was kinda shocked by how much I loved the original and I can't friggin wait for this one. As McFarlane '90s comic book-ish the story is, I've grown to really like the universe. It's kinda like the Saturday morning cartoon I always wanted.

Posted by kerse

Looks like fun, really need to finish the first game.

Posted by Driadon

YO WEAPONS BE YO MAG!

This looks really really fun.

Posted by theimmortalbum

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss.

Posted by theimmortalbum

@VargasPrime said:

@zellar said:

Are they using an xbox360 controller on a PC game???? Have PC programmers stopped optimizing mouse and keyboard for PC's or is it just easier to "DERP" the controls????

Every third-person action game for the past, I dunno, 5 years that has been released on PC has been designed with console controllers in mind (and many first-person games as well). Many of them actually play better that way. Just because you prefer a KBAM setup doesn't mean that using a controller is any less optimal for these kinds of games.

If I have the option, I really only use a KBAM control scheme for first-person games these days.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. I'm having nerve issues and carpal tunnel crap, and the way my desk is arranged is pretty damn prohibitive to long sessions of KBAM. So I've been playing Darksiders, Mirror's Edge, WH40k:SM, Batman AC, etc. all with my wired 360 controller.

Posted by LiquidPrince

@DeanoXD said:

I picked up Darksiders 1 for my PS3 when it came out, played a couple hours of it and hated it i was fighting the controls i wasn't having with the combat. I don't know how long after but i ended up buying it again for my 360 started play it again and just found my groove with it and it turned out to be a fantastic game. Even though i had some frustrating moments with it, most like do to my lack skill, i ended up really liking the game.

So this QL confirms that Darksiders 2 is still my most anticipated game this year.

You realize the 360 version apparently had more technical issues, which included a lot more screen tearing? I just find it odd you went from one to the other and ended up having a better time.

Posted by Hennet_sim

I wish they would have talking about some of the options and controls because it was the pc version.

Posted by Encephalon

YO FEED YOUR SCYTHE.

Day one purchase.

Posted by Sooty

Why did they keep the stupid borders in when you lock on?

Posted by AuthenticM

@Sooty said:

Why did they keep the stupid borders in when you lock on?

because awesome?

Posted by Milkman

Feed your death mag.

Posted by Patman99

This game looks great. I love Quick Look EXs when the devs can loosen up and have some fun.

Posted by KlUMZeE

I really hope this game does well if only to save THQ from bankruptcy. Looks like it could be awesome.

Edited by Brad

@LiquidPrince said:

@DeanoXD said:

I picked up Darksiders 1 for my PS3 when it came out, played a couple hours of it and hated it i was fighting the controls i wasn't having with the combat. I don't know how long after but i ended up buying it again for my 360 started play it again and just found my groove with it and it turned out to be a fantastic game. Even though i had some frustrating moments with it, most like do to my lack skill, i ended up really liking the game.

So this QL confirms that Darksiders 2 is still my most anticipated game this year.

You realize the 360 version apparently had more technical issues, which included a lot more screen tearing? I just find it odd you went from one to the other and ended up having a better time.

They patched out the screen tearing like two weeks after release. The tearing was happening because the 360 version was hitting a higher frame rate than the PS3 version, so the patch just capped it at 30.

Staff
Posted by LiquidPrince

@Brad said:

@LiquidPrince said:

@DeanoXD said:

They patched out the screen tearing like two weeks after release. The tearing was happening because the 360 version was hitting a higher frame rate than the PS3 version, so the patch just capped it at 30.

Ahh, that's cool. I was unaware. All I remembered was Jeff saying how it tore a lot more. It's cool that they could patch the issue out.

Posted by Tesla

Looking good!

Posted by natetodamax

This looks really good.

Edited by DeanoXD

@LiquidPrince: @Brad: For me it wasn't that the PS3 version had issues with how the game looked or ran, it was all me at the time. So i took it back and traded it in for something else.

And when i did pick the game up again for my 360 was because a friend telling me i should have stuck with it because it was a good game. And was so happy i did and never found and issues with it the 360 version either.

Posted by PokeIkzai

Game looks freaking awesome but for some reason this video absolutely refuses to play for me. (Using Firefox)

Posted by asmo29a

I like War way more than Death.

Posted by RazielCuts

This makes me want to play through the first one got with PS+ but I got to the series of challenge room type areas pretty early on and that left me with a sour taste.

Posted by clank543

Cannot wait for this. Sounds way bigger than the first game, and the platforming and combat look more like God of War, which I personally enjoy over zelda. Sign me up!

Posted by Sunspots

Preordered from Amazon, hopefully they screw up and ship my copy a few days early. :)

Posted by keltickennedy

Would of been nice to hear more about the game instead of just listening to you guys joke back and forth about completely unrelated things...

Posted by Ketchupp

Well they seem nice.

Posted by Paindamnation

This guy sounds SOOO much like

Posted by ninkendo

You'd think with this game being at the Wii U launch they would be hyping that up more. HEY GUYS THERE'S NO ZELDA GAME AT LAUNCH LIKE THE WII HAD SO HERE'S YOUR ZELDA GAME RIGHT HERE GIVE US YOUR MONEY!

Posted by evanbower

@ninkendo said:

You'd think with this game being at the Wii U launch they would be hyping that up more. HEY GUYS THERE'S NO ZELDA GAME AT LAUNCH LIKE THE WII HAD SO HERE'S YOUR ZELDA GAME RIGHT HERE GIVE US YOUR MONEY!

Well the game comes out in a few weeks, with the Wii U release still months away, so it wouldn't make much sense to push the idea that you should buy it on Wii U.

Posted by Phatmac

@ninkendo said:

They don't need to. This looks better than any modern Zelda game.

Posted by Drayco90

I haven't gotten a chance to play the first Darksiders, but I've been meaning to. This is looking great in all the ways it needs to, and the stuff about the length are especially exciting to me. Glad these guys seemed pretty cool- I could see them hanging out on the Bombcast- it didn't seem like having the people involved in the game made the humor awkward or forced, it all seemed pretty natural and amusing.

Posted by MrMazz

Wow this looks really good can't wait to play this loved the first one.

Posted by MeatSim

Forget this game just give me Darksiders 3: Judgment instead.

Posted by ajamafalous

It seems like the overall structure is still the same (find item in dungeon, use that item throughout dungeon and on boss, etc), but I dunno. I hope with them adding a bunch of sidequests and other stuff it doesn't cheapen the experience and make the world feel hollow, similar to the jump from Arkham Asylum to Arkham City. 

Also, who are you people that didn't like the first Darksiders? Do you just not like Zelda games? Because Darksiders 1 was literally just a Zelda game with better combat.

Posted by Sticky_Pennies

I will buy the shit out of this game.

Posted by OneKillWonder_

I want this game so fucking hard. I just finished Darksiders 1 for the third time to prepare, and man am I ready to play the hell out of this game. All the changes and additions seem superb.

Posted by Metric_Outlaw

Idk if it's because there hasn't been a lot of really great games these last few months but I am super excited for this game.

Edited by Slay3r1583

Am I crazy or is there kind of a Skeletor/Keldor thing going on with Death here?

Posted by CosmicQueso

All the numbers... so many numbers. THE NUMBERS!!!

Posted by Swick

Thank you gentlemen, I may be sold on this game.

Posted by yesac2004

Ok the phantom arms pull the giant key out of the chest was pretty awesome

Posted by The_Nubster

. . . Bryan Davis? Did anyone else hear that?

Posted by durden77

Holy crap. I was already sold on this because I loved the first, but it looks even bigger, deeper, and in general even better than I expected. So excited.

Posted by Strife777

This looks great!!!

Posted by GaspoweR

The first game was a very big sueprise for me that they literally ripped out mechanics from other games and managed to somehow mesh very well into their game. Now that they added a loot system I want to pick up this game.

Posted by wisdumcube

FUCK YOU RYAN DAVIS

MAJORA'S MASK FOREVER

Posted by MrBubbles

i was definitely getting this before but now i'm even more excited for it.

Posted by BlueWolverine

Hopes it's better than Darksiders, wasn't a fan of that game.

Posted by oldschool2112

loot and really fun looking combat...didn't see this one coming at all

Posted by Parsnip

Looks so good. And Jesper Kyd doing the music, so sold.

Posted by Cubidog1

Wow, this is coming out on my birthday. Maybe I should get this.