261 Comments
Posted by wkar

He has something like Devil May Cry and Prince of Persia maybe also something of god of war, and this is good because I love these games.

Posted by locolukah

Must.Not.Watch...I know I will like this game...loved the first one to death ;)

Posted by theANCIENTgray

I swear these guys just take all the cool, addictive parts of different genres of games and smash them together. This looks great.

Posted by Redbullet685

@emem said:

@DeF said:

@Redbullet685 said:

@emem said:

Loved the first one, can't wait either.

@Redbullet685

said:

Also, didn't really care for Darksiders 1, but this looks pretty damn cool.

It looks exactly like Darksiders 1, to be honest. :)

It just looks much faster to me. And the loot system and skill tree stuff sounds great.

Yup ... it actually does not look like the first game at all. Like you said, it's much faster and all the loot and skill stuff wasn't there, Death's movements are way more fluid and also, this takes places in fantasy land, not in post-apocalypse Earth-city.

@Redbullet685: Yeah, the loot system and the skill tree are two very cool additions. @DeF: Hm to me it totally has that distinct Darksiders look and feel. The movement is slightly faster and the way you chain attacks is definitely more smooth, but the combat mechanics are the same, the heaviness and power behind attacks are still there as well, imho. And I would argue that Darksiders 1 takes place in a post-apocalyptic fantasy land. ,p Either way, to me personally it's a good thing that the game reminds me that much of the prequel... maybe it's just me, though. Edit: Oh and what I initially meant to say was just that everyone who thinks that Darksiders 2 looks cool should buy and play through Darksiders 1, it's preeeeetty good.

Either way if it does or does not look like Darksiders 1, I'm now interested in Darksiders 2 because of this QL. I couldn't have given 2 shits about Darksiders 2 yesterday, but now I'm quite interested in trying it out.

Posted by Seppli

Not gonna watch any media coverage or trailers - not even a Quicklook EX. Been on a media blackout since the game was first announced, but I'm getting massively positive vibes from it regardless.

Second hand hype is almost as potent. First Edition is preordered, and I looking forward to finally discover all about Darksiders 2 on my own...

Posted by beard_of_zeus

I continue to be super excited about this game after watching this. Great video! Thanks!

Posted by JojoTheSlayer

Darksider 1 was a great game, but the thing that bothered me on the controls what the deadzone on the cross hair aim and I can see that is still in. Make it optional with a deadzone slider or something.

Posted by csl316

Super excited. Considering I tend to play most action games as the fastest whatever I should probably enjoy this even more than the original.

The way they talk about the depth of quests and loot, I'm kind of getting an Amalur vibe now.

Posted by Tru3_Blu3

So... is it still structured like Zelda, or is it just an open world/dungeon crawling/loot game now?

Posted by Linkster7

Great game, great QL.

But Ryan seriously, the Majora's Mask thing is not cool bro.

Posted by Bagel

Man, this Legend of Zelda+Diablo game looks pretty cool! In all seriousness, I dig the look of the combat, seems much more fluid than the first game. It's convinced me to go try out that 5 dollar copy of Darksiders 1 I got off steam, at least!

Edited by HerbieBug

Darksiders with loot and skill trees? I'm in.

The first game was okay but I'm not big on just plain 3rd person action without a lot of progression involved outside of narrative mandated powerups throughout the game.

Watching more of this now, I'd like to see them boost the contrast between light and shadow areas. It's a little too bright and uniform right now.

Posted by Undeadpool

I...HUNGER!

Posted by aldo_q

I got the first one late and budget and was amazed. Why did I wait so long to get it? And if one game was worth paying full price! The second one will as such be a day one buy. I was a bit worried it doesn't followup on the story of part 1 but takes place at the same time. But this looks great so nomore worries.

Posted by Nokterian

Pre orderd on greenmangaming for 35 euro's,i still had a 20% coupon. This game is going to be so damn awesome!

Edited by vinsanityv22

Darksiders was fucking awesome. Can't wait for the sequel. Although I must say, I think the first game looked better. JoeMad's art is better than 1 million "realistic" games, but the muted color palette (which is all I've seen in trailers) of the sequel is boring and depressing. The first game had much better color usage.

Posted by blueinferno

Still haven't finished Darksiders 1, gotta get on that.

Posted by Fascismo

Played through darksiders 1 last year and thought I had my fill. But DUDE. When you hit those guys, numbers come out of them. Sold

Posted by lunalicrichard

a must own game , for any gamer .

Posted by PrioritySeven

I haven't finished Darksiders 1 yet. I need to do that and quick, because this looks pretty awesome.

Edited by teejack

Besides getting my usual Madden fix, this is the game I am most looking forward to this summer, THQ is really starting to hit their stride with this and the Saints Row franchise.

After watching this video, I suddenly have a desire to watch Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Posted by Hyperfludd

It's real hard not to pick this up in a few weeks instead of waiting for it on the Wii U.

Posted by Jethuty

Did NOT enjoy the first darkstalkers at all, thought the combat was simplistic and shallow, the story was cliche and very easy to figure out, the gameplay and features were shamelessly deriative and the design of war was childish and cartoonish. And i was not at all looking forward to the sequel. However....after watching that quicklook im so fucking in baby, lets do this!

Posted by chan05

I do not like what i see! This is Devil May Cry, not the Darksiders i used to know!

Posted by impartialgecko
@chan05 said:

I do not like what i see! This is Devil May Cry, not the Darksiders i used to know!

How dare they add depth and complexity to the combat?!
Posted by Rodin

While i very exited about this, although i will say the skill tree didn't seem very complex, and i'm not a fan of the idea of saving points and then just dumping them, i prefer more traditional skill trees, it feels like there's more character progression that way. Also i hope you can turn the numbers off, never really been a fan of numbers flying off dudes.

Posted by SnakeEyes327

@chan05 said:

Except for the part that DarkSiders tried it's best to be DMC + Zelda. And now it's gotten closer to what the original tried to do.

Posted by MormonWarrior

@Jethuty said:

Did NOT enjoy the first darkstalkers at all, thought the combat was simplistic and shallow, the story was cliche and very easy to figure out, the gameplay and features were shamelessly deriative and the design of war was childish and cartoonish. And i was not at all looking forward to the sequel. However....after watching that quicklook im so f***ing in baby, lets do this!

Yeah...I don't understand GB's huge praise for it. I thought it was at best about on par with, say, Star Fox Adventures or other Zelda-esque games that are only mildly entertaining. It had some good ideas but terrible controls, unbalanced difficulty swings, and bad dungeons overall. About a three out of five stars for me.

Posted by Ulong

I am less excited about this game to hear there is loot. I don't like lots of loot. I'm still currently playing through DS1, and am enjoying it, but the addition of loot really is anti hyping me for the sequel.

Edited by Lifendz

This guy sounds like Jim Florentine

Posted by Dberg

The designs here reminds me a lot of Soul Reaver in a great way.

Edited by skelington_

I'm more interested in this than i was the first Darksiders, but a note to future games developers: can we please stop with all the numbers flying off enemies? It doesn't look cool. Give it a toggle, at the very least. I love having access to statistics and other numerical data when they're attributed to weaponry etc., but i do not need them flying at me in every RPG and strategy game i play.

Fuck "Year of the Bow", it's "Year of the Number" as far as i'm concerned. Perhaps even "Era of the Number". To be honest i don't care what it is, just quit it.

Posted by JackSukeru

@skelington_: I disagree and definetly like numbers flying out of enemies, however I agree that there should be a toggle for this. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow defaulted to showing no numbers but had an option to turn them on, I found the game somewhat more enjoyable when I did this.

Posted by Gengyo

@Marz: I believe they implemented an option so that if you don't want the numbers flying around you can turn them off. I've been trying not to follow it too much lest I find some spoilers.

Posted by skelington_

@RockmanBionics: That's cool - i never played that Castlevania, but i appreciate how accommodating the designers were in making it optional. Each to their own!

Posted by Suits

All the M-rated Zelda!

Posted by Czarpyotr

Was not excited until this quick look.

Posted by buzz_clik

Good, relaxed shit-shootin' going on during this QLEX, which is how it should be.

Oh yeah, and I'm pretty excited about this second game.

Posted by YOUNGLINK

The EX QL's are always odd to me. They are usually for good games but the developer being there is just weird, if not awkward. I understand that some access is better than none, I guess.

Edited by Glottery

Bought the first game (again) from the whatever PSN sale earlier this year. Last played it in...May, I think. Only played for two hours, maybe, left it to collect dust after that. The first time I played it, I stopped at that annyoing Spider boss. So chances on finishing it before this one comes out...uuh, think I'll just watch a LP of it and pretend I've played it!

Though I'd really like to get a demo of this before the real deal, because the first game was one of the few PS3 games, that really bugged me with it's "slow to decent framerate" and generally jagged graphics. Just hoping they've managed to fix that this time around, because the pc-version at least looks very nice.

Posted by defcomm

Looking good.

Posted by mewarmo990

Looking good. One of the better Quick Looks EX too!

Posted by toastface

I picked up the first one on the steam summer sales, and after downloading 10Gb I'm just starting to play it. I'm finding the controls... interesting, and the lack of antialiasing options makes it a bit harsh on the eyes. I've enjoyed the actual gameplay so far, but these controls might get in the way eventually. I'm not sure I'd still be playing it if not for that awesome opening segment and it's abilitease.

Posted by Trilogy

It's looking pretty dope so far. I'm a big fan of the original Darksiders so hopefully this game lives up to that standard. Also, this was one of the better QL EX's...very relaxed.

Posted by Dodongo

This looks great!

Posted by Cthulad

Game is looking awesome. Too bad I won't be able to pick it up for a couple of months. I hope it does better than the first one, I loved it, and wanted to see it succeed, but it really dropped in price fast.

Posted by Brendan

Looks good, except for the janky running'n'rolling animations.

Posted by Jack_Lafayette

I still can't get over how dumb Death's character design is. The fact that the portrait beside his health bar looks way better isn't helping.

Posted by MrBubbles

so death=dante?

Posted by ch3burashka

@Dark_Lord_Spam said:

I still can't get over how dumb Death's character design is. The fact that the portrait beside his health bar looks way better isn't helping.

From what I understand, the guy who designed the characters for DS and DS2 inspired a wave of goth/metal comic book characters a la Spawn and the like, so now that he's back on the scene, his designs look cliche from being overused by others. Ryan mentioned it on a podcast long ago, but I can't find a source or a reference to it. Seems legit, though.