313 Comments
Posted by GenocidalKitten

This was awesome, I hope they can do a flight club video of it too.

Posted by SlightConfuse

the part where their rocket exploses at 24:15 was hilarious

Edited by dodgyc

Anyone who laughed so hard at this QL that they had trouble breathing, should become a sub to get access to the Premium Flight Club vids full of fantastic content.

Posted by Jodski

Yay Flight club!

Posted by Brendan

@gladspooky said:

@Jimi said:

@HeliumSpoon: You must be new here.

Excuse him, he likes video games unsarcastically.

That was one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Congrats on still being here!

Posted by FoxMulder

I think we need a new video for each update!

Posted by prestonhedges

@Brendan said:

@gladspooky said:

@Jimi said:

@HeliumSpoon: You must be new here.

Excuse him, he likes video games unsarcastically.

That was one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Congrats on still being here!

Thanks! Good to know someone appreciates how dumb my posts are rather than bitches about how they're not good or that I don't put a lot of thought into them.

Posted by Olivaw

@TiE23 said:

@gbrading said:

Flight Club takes it to the next level: SPACE!

When they launched that first massive rocket it was hilarious. The game looks like a remarkably complicated space simulation. I'm interested to play it.

It's a real bummer they never really made it even into orbit. With some custom parts I've certainly gained a lot of experience in the game. It's a great meld of realism (the nature of space, gravity, acceleration, speed, etc) and arcade (simple building, somewhat forgiving and fun physics, and a smaller scale where going to the "Mun" takes minutes instead of days).

I still have a mission in progress, a crew couldn't decay their orbit enough to reach the atmosphere, so I'm trying to rendezvous above Kerbin... It is like trying to thread a needle in the dark while wearing oven mitts.

You can do that?

This game is incredible.

Posted by CowsWithGuns

If I at some point in my life become so poor that I cannot afford my next meal; the small amount of cash I have will still be put towards another year of giantbomb subscription. Great quick look!!!

Posted by Olivaw

@DrWaffles said:

IT'S BEEN A LONG ROOOOAD

GETTIN FROM A-THERE TO HEAH

Edited by Xymox

The idea behind this game seems really interesting, would love to see some improvements done to it. If the whole part about building a space station in space and then using that to get to planets further out is true then that's a purchase just for that. It would be really cool if it had some actual additional gameplay stuff tied to it though, like building new bases and colonizing the other planets. Maybe some fuel research... Where my Spacerace Sim at?

Posted by Red12b

New feature

MOON VINNY!

Posted by metalliccookies

They need to make another video of this where the try and get to the sun :D

Posted by rallo

Haven't had this much fun watching a QL in a while. Good show, lads.

Posted by leebmx

This video does a complete diservice to this game. Once again the Giant Bomb team go into a QL knowing nothing about how the game works and fail to do it justice. Its like they are not even trying. Especially Vinnie. He really leads everyone else astray.

It is also a disgrace to the memory of America's great space programme. Do you think Tom Hanks would have made it back from the moon with this sort of attitude?

Posted by Zero_

QOTY 2012 E.Z.

Posted by Red12b

@leebmx said:

This video does a complete diservice to this game. Once again the Giant Bomb team go into a QL knowing nothing about how the game works and fail to do it justice. Its like they are not even trying. Especially Vinnie. He really leads everyone else astray.

It is also a disgrace to the memory of America's great space programme. Do you think Tom Hanks would have made it back from the moon with this sort of attitude?

he makes most of the main points, and approaches it with a bit of fun

Posted by leebmx

@Red12b said:

@leebmx said:

he makes most of the main points, and approaches it with a bit of fun

Space is serious buisness...

Posted by Glees0rz

This game's been out for a while. First time I saw it was when Robbaz on YouTube played it. This should be fun to watch.

Posted by DeadFish

Legendary QL! :)

Posted by TsuHai

bought.

Posted by DanTheGamer32

I haven't laughed this much at a quick look in ages not since... Binary Domain I think

Posted by Red12b

what's the biggest rocket you've got?

the biggest one?

YEAH!

here's the biggest one i've got

OH MY GOD!

VINNY!

Posted by Humanity

@DanTheGamer32 said:

I haven't laughed this much at a quick look in ages not since... Binary Domain I think

I was laughing constantly, it is my new favorite QuickLook after the Rollcercoaster Rampage one.

Posted by beef_melody

My face hurts from laughing.

Posted by Elazul

KERBAL MASSIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!

Posted by dropabombonit

DDV quick looks are always the best

Posted by Superkenon

This Quick Look effortlessly achieved legendary status!

Posted by halibut

Played the demo a few months ago, and it was really fun. I never made it to the Mun, but just getting to space and into orbit is difficult enough (and is surprisingly rewarding). 

I feel like this QL is in the spirit of what I experienced.

Posted by clarkj1981

Please do an extended version of this where you try to get to the moon!!

Posted by octogram

That was hilarious when you got... pretty high up... Then looked up and in shock at how far away the moon actually was.

Posted by stinky

was getting annoyed with this QL, problem is the game seems kind of interesting and i wanted to see things that actually worked. things blowing up is only funny for so long.

Posted by csl316

DVD420

Posted by Krelle

Non-paying members: Want more of this? Get a membership! Plenty of equally hilarious videos behind the paywall.

Posted by deerhaunter

This is one for the quick look hall of fame. Amazing work!

Edited by PenguinDust

Why do we go to the moon?

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

This video is further proof of why I love when Dave gets some screen time. Very very funny QL. "One shark fin...Cadillac of the skies" I had tears when Dave's mega rocket launched.

Posted by MeAuntieNora

The Stone Swan WILL FLY AGAIN.

FOR THE FIRST TIME.

Posted by ChrisHarris

My Mun landing rockets usually go something like this:

• Stage 4: Re-Entry
  • parachute
  • crew pod
  • Stage 3: Mun Lander
  • advanced SAS
  • small fuel tank
  • landing gear attached to fuel tank
  • small, high-efficiency fuel engine with thrust vectoring
  • Stage 2: Getting to the Mun
  • medium/large fuel tank
  • medium/large fuel engine with thrust vectoring
  • Stage 1: Leaving the Atmosphere
  • 3+ heavy solid fuel boosters
  • stabilizing fins attached to the booster stage
Posted by SatelliteOfLove

Vinny "Wile E. Coyote" Caravella!

Posted by cavemantom

This was excellent. I'd love to see more.

Dwarf Fortress is conceptually fascinating, but not nearly as entertaining to watch play out as KSP. A recurring KSP series would be amazing, especially if we got to see designs from Drew and Dave, too.

I want to see the Stone Swan fly, and I want to see you guys land on the Mun.

Posted by Mr_Skeleton

GIVE ME THE BIGGEST ROCKET YOU GOT

Posted by huser

This was some genius work here! Keep up the commendable lack of concern for the wellbeing of your intrepid pilots.

Posted by NegativeCero

Quick look of the year!

Posted by RenegadeSaint

Literally one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I am not exaggerating in the slightest. Stick with it until the 40-minute mark if you're skeptical.

Posted by buzz_clik

@Zaccheus said:

I know too much about this game. Their lack of knowledge really irritates me. That's unfortunate.

I'm pretty sure you've missed the point of this video. Knowledge is for suckers.

Posted by DrWhat

i love kerbals

Posted by HerbieBug

My favorite quicklook. ♥♥♥♥

Posted by chriscalla

I'm watching this right now from a hospital bed at 11:15 at night and laughing so hard I'm afraid I'm going to make the nurse come in to make sure I haven't gone insane. Bravo, gentlemen.

Posted by HerbieBug

@CaLe said:

So I fell into a hole of watching some youtube videos of this game and found a guy who seriously knows his stuff. He flew a ship all the way to the furthest body and landed on it, didn't have enough fuel for the return so puts his craft in orbit around the body, then builds another ship to go and rescue this orbiting craft. It's clearly not something just anyone could do.

Helps that he's a pleasant guy to listen to. This is the video of the rescue mission. Pretty crazy.

Wow this game goes deep. Awesome video! :D

Posted by patbaer

I don't often comment, but I felt the need with this one.

Fantastic job, gentlemen. A+