363 Comments
Posted by Scotto

I love their frustration at losing the race after Vinny kept killing his forward momentum by doing sideways car checks, haha.

Posted by Terranova

one thing that can be a little bit of a pain is the icons on the mini map don't always show you where you exactly need to go for example when Vinny wanted to do Karaoke he went to the icon but it doesn't show that you have to be inside the club and he had gone past it, a few other icons for stuff are like that it's more a general location.

Posted by Thumbrunner

The fake outtakes at the end were awesome more funny less serious!

Posted by AxleBro

this is a game will get later when its on sale. much like SR3 which i got for like 12 bucks and loved.

Posted by retsub101

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@mustachioeugene said:

@Pr1mus

@Duffyside said:

@Konanda said:

Vinny is the best.

Vinny is the best.

Vinny is the best.

Binny is the vest.

Binny ts ihe vest.

Tinns ty ihe vesb

Posted by defcomm

I only wanted to buy Darksiders 2 this summer. What the hell, stop, goddddd you guys are the worst.

Posted by TheHBK

Ok, well that last minute just convinced me to get this game.

Posted by Scodiac

Those arrows in the world telling you where to turn, I think they first appeared in SR The 3rd, are the best thing to improve open world games in a while. Not constantly staring at the mini map makes driving in these games way more enjoyable. I hope Rockstar borrows it for GTA V.

Posted by DBoy

I have it on my PC with all the visual settings maxed out and it looks absolutely amazing. One of the best looking games this year so far, bar none.

Posted by Marmalade

I had no idea what this game was, but I'm definitely picking this up next pay day based on how fun it was just watching Vinny play.

Posted by Red12b

@Milkman said:

Best Quick Look in recent memory. SOLD!

obviously you haven't seen kerbal space programme

Posted by Chumm

@larryrules138 said:

lindness, you could learn to counter in this game as enemies will do a little "I'm about to attack you!" animation. I know people with much worse color-blindness than mine that use tactics such as these on other games that use color coding for gameplay.

I am pretty sure this is how color blindness works.

Posted by csl316

I would continue paying premium money for a feature called "Vinny's Sandbox." Just put Vinny in some open world for an hour and let him be.

Posted by RoyaleWifCheese

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@mustachioeugene said:

@Pr1mus

@Duffyside said:

@Konanda said:

Vinny is the best.

Vinny is the best.

Vinny is the best.

Binny is the vest.

Binny ts ihe vest.

Yvan eht nioj.

Posted by spilledmilkfactory

Great ending! It's hilarious that Vinny has a problem with running people over, but has no problem savaging an innocent woman's head against a door until one or the other breaks

Edited by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

"I was alone in the city.....  of Hong Kong."   Oh God, that part made me laugh so much.  

Posted by spiceninja

One of the best Quick Looks of the year and not because it was funny (it was) but because it was very informative. Vinny should head Quick Looks more often.

Edited by RenegadeSaint

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

One of the best Quick Looks of the year and not because it was funny (it was) but because it was very informative. Vinny should head Quick Looks more often.

Vinny should helm everything, especially gravity defying modes of transit.

Posted by Getz

Music selection seems pretty rad, maybe I didn't give this game enough credit.

Posted by GenocidalKitten

"he pre ordered!"

I love you Vinny.

Posted by zombie2011

Oh man, Vinny is really funny in this QL.

Also this game looks amazing, definitely picking this up over the weekend.

Posted by Guyzea

@RoyaleWifCheese said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

@mustachioeugene said:

@Pr1mus

@Duffyside said:

@Konanda said:

Vinny is the best.

Vinny is the best.

Vinny is the best.

Binny is the vest.

Binny ts ihe vest.

Yvan eht nioj.

Bimmy and Jimmy is the best.

Posted by fox01313

No sleepy dogs in the game or passed out pandas...what the hell? Game looks decent between the crazy of Saints Row3 & GTA. Definitely loved the end with what felt like an outtake/blooper reel of the quick look & hope that more of that gets into future quick looks. Was curious about the game but after seeing this I'll definitely get it (yes through gamefly, which I actually like using though I try to limit myself to a game per week before sending it back so thankfully not as bad as Vinny).

Posted by coldblood

The main dude in this game reminds me of Sean Coonce. Especially with the track pants.

Posted by RagingLion

@GenocidalKitten said:

"he pre ordered!"

I love you Vinny.

:) a great fun QL in general

Posted by Jolt92

That ending was amazing.

Posted by FoxMulder

I'd pay good money to watch Vinny just play this game for hours!

Posted by golguin

That ending was pretty hilarious.

Posted by VibratingDonkey

Oh this reminds me, I should totally be able to download this thing now.

Posted by Irishranger

Tried watching this while jogging on the treadmill.

Not good.

Almost fell off twice and then almost collapsed a lung from laughing too hard.

Posted by AngelN7

I lost it when Vinny roll over that girl from the race , how can you hate open world?! games most of them are all like that stupid good fun.

Posted by TheHT

Man, Vinny is an ass to these poor NPCs. It's great!

Forget bows, 2012 is turning out to be the year of surprisingly great games.

Posted by prod88

great quicklook, but the last couple minutes were the best

Edited by Pastabasta

I'm going to risk everything by suggesting ALL Quick Looks should have similar endings!

(I know how hard that would be for games that don't allow such madness.)

Posted by Chango

This quick look single handledly convinced me to buy the game. What a glorious quick look.

Edited by PandaShake

SO GOOD! Definitely picking this game up whenever I have a chance to upgrade my pc.

Posted by Jnal

Brad forgetting Vinny was color blind made me laugh for a good 10 minutes.

Edited by Yummylee

Fucking hell... it depresses me just how inferior my PS3 copy is. The frame-rate in particular can barely hang on during cutscenes ='(

Also I totally recognise those hacking ''blop'' noises from Human Revolution.

Posted by CatsAkimbo

Vinny driven quick looks always have such a manic quality to them.

Posted by Tiny_Tank

Man Vinny you are so awesome! I love when he just goes "oh I'm an undercover cop with a conscience."

Posted by skelington_

Should be a special end-of-year category:

Nomination for "Best Performance in a Quick Look by a Giant Bomb Cast Member": Vinny Caravella in Sleeping Dogs.

Posted by JhonnyThizzlam

I still want a The Raid Redemption mod with over 30 choatic levels

Posted by JackSukeru

Not a lot of Quicklooks around with Vinny driving. You really have to...savor it.

Posted by DragonNinja789

I think I rather like evil Vinny

Posted by Nomin

A very surprising game to sneak up on during a relatively dry month for games. Pretty decent PC port from what I can see, wonder how it compares to the kind of stylistic choices made in the Chinatown Wars. The developer also deserves much kudos to see this project through despite a very rough state of game development in Vancouver.

Posted by Kiri90

This Quick Look was great throughout!

Posted by bkbroiler

I'm glad Brad pointed out the weird disconnect between Vinny's love of slamming people's faces into things but not running them over.

Posted by acev

the last minute of this video is excellent

Posted by mattchops

There seems to be a lot of polarizing opinions about this game. I might wait for the steam sale. I'm not completely sold, yet.

Posted by HerbieBug

Good lord protagonist man! Spring for a set of sheets to put on the bed at least. I know it's a shitty dive but come on!