117 Comments
  • 117 results
Posted by CODA117

Rail Gun?!!!!.......Yes please!

Posted by EricNStuff

MAN THIS GAME LOOKS SO HIP

Posted by Agent47CSim2

You do realize this trailer was posted like 2 weeks ago in multiple versions with no music right? what's the point in bothering to post it this late at all, but then put the shit version of it so ill informed people on here can go "durrr durr HALOZZZZ." if you don't care about the game don't bother posting it in the first place.

Posted by Sunjammer

@max_alford: While I can't stand Marty O'Donnel's stuff, this music made me want to set myself on fire. I don't mind dubstep, there is some real good shit out there, but Skrillex and this brostep garbage takes the worst of everything and sells it to the worst of everyone, which, it appears, is the majority..?

Oof. Dubstep is dead.

Posted by max_alford

I feel like Marty O'Donnell's music will be the Halo franchise's biggest loss. I just hope the music in this trailer was marketing's decision.

Posted by AsherV20

Dear SMG, I miss you dreadfully so. Please return to me.

Posted by AssInAss
@Igottadeuce

4inish the Drop.

Well done, sir.
Posted by Butano

Man, I really love Halo, but I really don't want to buy another Xbox so late in the generation after my old one crapped out.

Posted by deox

Multiplayer looks like fun, I'm excited for this one.

On a side note... fuck dubstep!

Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam

I don't mean to blow anyone's mind here, but Halo 4 is going to have an assault rifle in it.

Posted by Tordah

This dubstep trend needs to die already.

Posted by GERALTITUDE

I made it to 00:38.

Posted by Dan_CiTi

YO THAT PISTOL HAS A TV ON IT!!

Posted by Dang3rDoom

So same old shitty weapons..

Posted by Hashbrowns

@theanticitizen: You're welcome, man.

Part of me does kind of long for the unique... texture of Marty's music. Neil Davidge is composing the score for Halo 4, and while it does sound good it's a little too Hans Zimmer-ish. It sounds like a lot of other action scores. But that's just going off that one sample they've released, so I'm willing to reserve judgement. You might enjoy this ViDoc as well...

Posted by Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Music is indeed awful but the content looks great. Can't wait!

Posted by NickNitro

RIP Halo

Posted by xMEGADETHxSLY

GOTY

Posted by Deranged

Ignoring the music, Halo 4 looks absolutely fantastic. I'm glad that 343 took the reins after the failure that Reach was.

Posted by theanticitizen
@Hashbrowns

@theanticitizen said:

Sold on the game, not the music. Just...343 can't you hire Marty O'Donnell? Thanks

The music in the trailer here was a terrible choice, but it seems unlikely that it's from the game. Probably a remix of something from the actual game. You've probably heard this before, but here's a sample of Halo 4's soundtrack...

I actually hadn't hear the clips before, thanks for posting this :) also sorry if I double posted
Posted by theanticitizen
@Hashbrowns

@theanticitizen said:

Sold on the game, not the music. Just...343 can't you hire Marty O'Donnell? Thanks

The music in the trailer here was a terrible choice, but it seems unlikely that it's from the game. Probably a remix of something from the actual game. You've probably heard this before, but here's a sample of Halo 4's soundtrack...

Actually I haven't heard any of the clips, thanks for
Posted by MormonWarrior

"HALO 4 HAS WEAPONS"

WHAT?!? Spoilers!

Posted by digitalrailgun

looking goooooooood!

Posted by Mordi

@Tesla said:

I'm all for doing new things with Halo, but don't change the fucking music. The new weapons look pretty cool, but I'll be damned if I could focus on anything other than the not-epic Halo music that was playing.

How unfortunate to fall victim to the dubstep trailer song trend when you're fucking Halo! Use those gregorian chants!

They'll probably only use this music for the trailers, but agreed. Cringeworthy music in this trailer.

Posted by Tesla

I'm all for doing new things with Halo, but don't change the fucking music. The new weapons look pretty cool, but I'll be damned if I could focus on anything other than the not-epic Halo music that was playing.

How unfortunate to fall victim to the dubstep trailer song trend when you're fucking Halo! Use those gregorian chants!

Posted by Fwankenstein

See this is what happens when you ditch the signature Halo music, you have to resort to Dubstep to get the adrenalin going in your action trailers. Forshame 343.

Posted by Wrighteous86

@Rodin said:

OK, so getting past the quality of the trailer and its music, why would i want i battle rifle and a dmr, why not have a toggle on one gun or something, also what the hell is the point of the rail-gun, you already have a spartan laser and rocket launcher.

More equals better, obviously... Hopefully they know that isn't the case.

Posted by Rodin

OK, so getting past the quality of the trailer and its music, why would i want i battle rifle and a dmr, why not have a toggle on one gun or something, also what the hell is the point of the rail-gun, you already have a spartan laser and rocket launcher.

Posted by AngriGhandi

From Halo 4 trailers to K-mart ads, wobble bass continues its tireless campaign toward becoming 2012's answer to the ska trombone.

Posted by Sooty

What a boring trailer, just showing mostly weapons from past Halo games.

Posted by JTB123

Apart from the music, that got me pretty hyped to play Halo multiplayer again, that grenade pistol looked pretty interesting.

Posted by TheSouthernDandy

Aside from the meh music, this looks super rad. Love the new guns. A railgun! A RAILGUN!

Posted by Amaru25

who the fuck put this wub wub in my haloz

Posted by Grilledcheez

Looks like fun, I like fun.

Posted by Cirdain

Needs more particle effects!

Posted by dyong

Why does it got to be weapons? Can't I win over enemies with wit and charm instead?

Posted by buzz_clik

I actually like this style of music... just not all up in my Halo.

Also, this.

Posted by Godzilla_Sushi

Yeaaah! I'm ready for Halo 4!

Posted by Tsuchikage

I saw a version of this trailer a little while ago that featured the Battle Rifle and Designated Marksman Rifle. Also, no horrible dubstep. Also also, I frickin' love Halo!

Posted by Fram

First time I've ever turned down the volume of a piece of Halo marketing. It's meant to be a trailer showing off Halo's weapons and you can't even hear them over the sounds of a studio screaming. Can somebody please put an end to this wubstep phase? #ska2012

Posted by blacklab

@Mystyr_E said:

Something about this music is strangely obnoxious

Not strange...just obnoxious.

Posted by Alkaiser

I'm was worried there for a second. Hopefully the next couple of trailers will tell us if this game will have cutscenes and voice acting. Fingers crossed!

Edited by The_Nubster

BUT ARE THERE INFINITE GRENADES IN MULTIPLAYER

oh also the more wubwubwub is in your video game, the more likely I am to pay money for it

Posted by dark_quota

Looks good. The maps especially. Forge world maps in Reach were just boring to look out imo, so I hope they include a lot of different environments in the maps shipped on disc.

Posted by dark_quota

@theanticitizen:

I think it is just standard sizzle reel music in the trailer.

Posted by ep_driver

I thought they were going to have the same old weapons, but was happy to see a few new ones. Thank God, this franchise is getting tired enough as is.

Posted by OriginalGman

This is pretty much all I want from Halo. Now I want a trailer showing ALL the vehicles from previous games, and a few new ones. That's right, give us back the Hornet, and put some guns on it for multiplayer!

Posted by Evercaptor
Posted by Evercaptor

@homewrecker said:

@Evercaptor said:

Am I alone in smarmily think "well no shit" at the title, considering a version of Halo that was a game about strategy, negotiating peace and completely pacifistic, and then getting kinda depressed that its just another FPS game? Man, I really hate FPS games...

christ you're a moron

I try ;)

I've never really enjoyed FPS games, Halo was the one that got me to come around to the idea. Now I'm so burned out on FPS (and white-hetero-male power fantasies in general) I can't stand to play more than 20 minutes of Crysis 2, 15 minutes of Duke Nukem Forever, the occasional game of Left For Dead and about 30 minutes of Half-Life 2. I can average 2 games in COD:MW3 at a push, and even then only to talk to my friends.

The exceptions are Batman 1&2 and Saints Row 3 for their superb gameplay and, in SR3's case, goofiness.

I think I could love a 4X game based on the Halo universe though, which was my point, and I'm disappointed I won't be able to enjoy the newest Halo game because of it's genre. Halo Wars was fucking rad.

Posted by homewrecker

@Evercaptor said:

Am I alone in smarmily think "well no shit" at the title, considering a version of Halo that was a game about strategy, negotiating peace and completely pacifistic, and then getting kinda depressed that its just another FPS game? Man, I really hate FPS games...

christ you're a moron

• 117 results