115 Comments
  • 115 results
Posted by hgigh

I cannot justify the ~$100 to play Happy Action Theater.

I will purchase HAT immediately after I receive my free Kinect.

Posted by solidejake

Still too much for the nothing it is.

Posted by ptc

Holiday marketing tip for Microsoft: Drop to $99 and pack in Happy Action Theater.

Posted by MeatSim

This and another Happy Action Theater is actually making me think about getting a Kinect.

Posted by sins_of_mosin

I don't think I could pull the trigger until its $50.  I will for sure get it before a wii or ps3 but no rush.

Posted by imbarkus

I imagine all those early adopters are feeling a bit of the 32X blues right now...

$15 is my price point for Kinect, same as it was for 32X.

Posted by banishedsoul1

i think kintect is a intresting idea however it does not seem to work well with games yet. Like you cant even walk right many games are on rails because of this. would be cool to have a sword fight and what not with it. Without holding some thing it would not be very real. like how would you over power someones sword when you are not really holding anything? Also it takes so much cpu power it takes away from the game.

Posted by FirebirdINF

I already got mine for $99. Its been pretty easy to get for $99 for months. This just makes it official with a $10 kicker.

Posted by Chaser324

Kinect! Now just $109.99! *

*rent payments on an open and well lit sound stage are not included.

Posted by nanowerx

Did I stumble into IGN?! the quality of these comments reeks of fanboy BS. Really, there is nothing good for Kinect? Really? Child of Eden, Dance Central, Gunstringer, Kung Fu: High Impact, Powerup Heroes, Rise of Nightmares, Once Upon a Monster, Haunt. Even Kinect Sports and Adventures are fun games. With others coming soon like Crimson Dragon, Ryse, Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth.

Plus the enhancements in Forza, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, PGA Tour 13, etc.

To say Kinect is worthless is to be living in 2010, things have changed...

Posted by Azteck

@Fallen189 said:

Not doing it in Europe. Typical
Posted by ProfessorEss
@Slayer78 said:

If you have kids, my opinion is a bit different, for I have imagination enough to envision four kiddos enjoying themselves very much when trying out something like Happy Action Theatre. Then again, is there enough quality titles, aimed at kids older than 3, to have fun with on the Kinect? I mean, enough to defend the 100 dollars price tag even?

You are absolutely correct. Watching a bunch of kids flail around in front of Happy Action Theatre is amazing! 

Though there is a decent selection of games "aimed at kids under 3" there's just not enough that actually work properly with people so small. My son loves playing Kinect but it can get frustrating when it won't read his movements properly because of his diminutive height.
Posted by Slayer78

Both Move and Kinect come across as gimmicky bullshit to me. I'm sure there is fun to be had with both peripherals, and according to the ads it will turn your family into a happy unity, but for me ordinary controllers are the way games are meant to be played. And especially so if you have a strenuous job, not feeling in a mood to jump around like an idiot at all when in your home.

If you have kids, my opinion is a bit different, for I have imagination enough to envision four kiddos enjoying themselves very much when trying out something like Happy Action Theatre. Then again, is there enough quality titles, aimed at kids older than 3, to have fun with on the Kinect? I mean, enough to defend the 100 dollars price tag even? I wouldn't know, but I do know that I think Sony's Move suck as well.

Not once in my life have I ever felt a need to wave a glowing dildo around. Probably never will.

Posted by aceofspudz

109 is the new 99, because of inflation, and I'm not even kidding.

Posted by CptBedlam

You can have one of my old, holey socks for that broken piece of sh*t, MS. But actual money? lol no...

Posted by foggel

It's cool tech, but it doesn't work with games.

Posted by SpartanHoplite

no EU & no games = no buy!

Posted by warpr

@kycinematic said:

So, other than the Double Fine stuff, what would you play on this? Dance games? It's sad since you can easily imagine all the CRAZY SHIT that could happen with a good version of this technology.

Yep, that's what I do. Dance Central works fine here in my living room, and those dodgy konami dance/rhythm games are fun just because they have some of that ridiculous DDR music in them.

Posted by ManMadeGod

@XChairmanDrekX said:

Should of just made it $99.99, $109.99 is a weird price and the triple digits are going to scare a lot of people away.

$149 didn't scare people away. Kinect has moved over 19 million units. That's more than the Dreamcast......

Posted by TheDudeOfGaming

@YOUNGLINK said:

Ummm, still too much.

Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam

I might be willing to grab one for as much as 50 or 60 bucks to check out the couple of cool, quirky titles it can boast, but that's a moot point given I'm not buying a 360 any time soon either.

Posted by kycinematic

So, other than the Double Fine stuff, what would you play on this? Dance games? It's sad since you can easily imagine all the CRAZY SHIT that could happen with a good version of this technology.

Posted by PrivateIronTFU

Oh shit. I totally forgot this thing existed.

Posted by XChairmanDrekX

Should of just made it $99.99, $109.99 is a weird price and the triple digits are going to scare a lot of people away.

Posted by NTM

Kinects not even worth $50.

Posted by 71Ranchero

I am kind of surprised they didnt drop the price more. I imagine "Durango" will have a better version of Kinect so selling as many of the old ones as possible might be a good idea.

Posted by KhoiFish

It's nice that the kinect got a price drop, but I still don't want one.

Posted by hollitz

I honestly thought it was always 100 bucks. Oh well. I'd pay 20 for it if it were packaged with Child of Eden.

Posted by Oombalan

Still massively overpriced, needs to be $60 and bundled with Dance Central or another half decent title.

Posted by Uberdubie

I can't believe they were actually charging MORE than $109.99 for this trash at one point.

Seriously, even now I'd much rather get an old Wii between the two.

Posted by HerbieBug

They couldn't go an extra tenner to put it at $99?

Posted by Oy

Since when are things priced at 109?

Posted by Vaancor

Still doesn't fix the main reason I'm not purchasing it; It won't work in my bedroom.

Posted by Xeirus

I still thinks it's weird/crazy they couldn't get it to that magic "$99" price point...

Posted by ddensel

@Crixaliz: I agree, I only have a 360, and I look longingly at some of the PSN exclusives like Stranger's Wrath and Okami HD. For what we're paying for Xbox Live every year, there's no excuse why Xbox owners can't have a PSN+ type service where we can download free games every month, if only old Xbox One stuff and old arcade games.

As for Kinect, I absolutely stand by my original statements. The thing just doesn't work like a finished consumer electronic should. It's like having a TV where the remote constantly needed to be re calibrated and only worked 25% of the time. Unacceptable.

I've tried the thing on multiple occasions. Kinect needed to calibrate constantly, and Fruit Ninja was fun for about 5 minutes. Our group decided to just play You Don't Know Jack instead.

I'm skeptical of games that have no tactile feedback, which I view as essential to video game playing. Hands free gaming could be a nice diversion in the future, but there's no way the tech is there yet.

Edited by mdnthrvst

@Crixaliz: The only issue with that PSN vs XBL argument being the critical mass of people. More people play multiplayer games over Xbox Live than PSN, and most of those people probably include the majority of a given person's friends.

I enjoy Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed once in a while, but it's always with random strangers, because my friends are on the Xbox. That and the superb implementation of Gamerscore and Achievements over pointless and cumbersome Trophies make Xbox Live a superior service, period, unless you're super into arthouse indie singleplayer games, which I'd give up in a heartbeat to play major games with my real-life friends and classmates.

Posted by agentboolen

should also include a special disc with all of there Kinect games to date on it.... You know those games are so slim on game content I'm sure they'd all fit on 1 disc.

Posted by guiseppe

They would have to drop it down to at least $50 for me to even consider getting one. Good news for those that are interested though :).

Posted by ChrisTaran

Let me know when it's $49.99. Then it might be worth buying just as a piece of video game history.

Posted by SmilingPig
Posted by Vextroid

Hope Asia Pacific includes Australia. Not going to pay 200 for it, though I wouldn't pay 150 either. Make it 100 and I'd bite, if only for Happy Action Theater.

Posted by AiurFlux

I was going to make a joke about it still being to much for a useless paperweight, but other people have already beaten me to the punch.

I used a Kinect ONCE at a friends place. That one time was enough to put me off of it forever. It doesn't work properly, and when it does it's with a dance game that is soon to be on the third iteration. How it handles menus is terrible. The vast vast VAST majority of games on it are terrible. It just isn't any good.

Here's the thing though, we know that a new XBox is coming out, we know that Microsoft is going to peddle more Kinect shit, so why in the fuck would anyone buy one now when updated hardware will come out probably within the year. And further to the point why the fuck would anyone buy one when there is only 4 good games on it. Two of the best uses for it were from Mass Effect 3 and Skyrim, and that was to only treat it like a glorified mic. And even then one of those games had a mod come out prior to the Kinect update that did the same thing, only better and without wasting a wad of cash.

In time it'll be a good thing to have and use when it works, but this isn't the time. This is actually a long time away from that time.

Posted by MyNameIsJoe

Holy crap they were still charging $150 for a Kinect!?

Posted by Deusx

"Latin America" - pffffffffffffffff hahahahaha. As if Latin countries sold the consoles at a fair price anyways.

Posted by Maginnovision

Still not buying.

Posted by Joeyoe31

Still too much.

Posted by Xeirus

I've had mine for about a year and I still like it, but then again I have kids, it's a fun family item.

Posted by mtcantor

There are no must have Kinect games. Anyone who has a 360 who doesn't have a Kinect yet might as well wait a year for the new console and the new version of Kinect that will launch with it.

Posted by ZRLeigh

It's still too much in my opinion. Moving in the right direction though.

Posted by xyzygy

I might get this when it's 50 bucks.

• 115 results