189 Comments
  • 189 results
Posted by EternalHaV0C

Worth it if i don't have a facebook and a small xbox friends list?

Posted by jasius

@Winsord said:

@vhold said:

@david1890 said:

I wish Ryan would stop explaining the menus for half of every quick look he does.

That and playing the hell out of a game before doing the quick look so that we no longer get any kind of initial impression of anything. They used to just jump right in and show the learning process, sometimes they still do, and those are always the best quick looks.

There's no winning. When they do it that way, people freak out because they're not experts at the game. Someone's upset and whines in the comments about it incessantly either way.

Well its better than Brad gushing over stupid minutia like TITLE CARDS or when he stops and oogles a fucking texture and goes on and on about it, he's one of the worst for quick looks because he plays them as if he's playing at home, while hes NOT hes playing with some seemingly random time allotment.

Jeff and Vinny seem to be the winning combination on these, and Drew is great too, patrick is one of the most annoying and makes the most unwatchable QLs on GB, unless theres Jeff to balance him out. It seems like even they(other editors) get extremely annoyed with patrick from time to time, which is great.

Posted by Shaanyboi

Wait, Jeff did the 'post to facebook' thing?

Don't they ALWAYS make fun of how gross that shit is?

Posted by louiedog

I can't wait for this. I love turning on my 360 and playing two or three Rock Band songs before diving into a couple of hours of Skyrim or whatever big game I'm in the middle of. It's my preferred way to play. I rarely want to sit down and play for an hour. I hate swapping discs (and don't feel like rebuying RB3 on games on demand), dragging out the instruments, changing profiles between controllers, and all of the other lengthy hassles involved. It takes 10+ minutes of work to play 10 minutes of music. This is exactly what I want for playing through my several hundred song library. The instruments can sit in the closet until some people come over and want to play.

Posted by Milkman

I guess I'm an idiot but I have no idea what the fuck is going on in this game.

Posted by Chtasm

I'm sure Jeff''s explanation on how to play the game was hella informative, but I uh...still don't know what's going on in this quicklook.

Posted by Milkman
@jasius said:

@Winsord said:

@vhold said:

@david1890 said:

I wish Ryan would stop explaining the menus for half of every quick look he does.

That and playing the hell out of a game before doing the quick look so that we no longer get any kind of initial impression of anything. They used to just jump right in and show the learning process, sometimes they still do, and those are always the best quick looks.

There's no winning. When they do it that way, people freak out because they're not experts at the game. Someone's upset and whines in the comments about it incessantly either way.

Well its better than Brad gushing over stupid minutia like TITLE CARDS or when he stops and oogles a fucking texture and goes on and on about it, he's one of the worst for quick looks because he plays them as if he's playing at home, while hes NOT hes playing with some seemingly random time allotment.

Jeff and Vinny seem to be the winning combination on these, and Drew is great too, patrick is one of the most annoying and makes the most unwatchable QLs on GB, unless theres Jeff to balance him out. It seems like even they(other editors) get extremely annoyed with patrick from time to time, which is great.

You idiots will literally bitch about anything.
Posted by spilledmilkfactory

i wanna rock..

Posted by KarlPilkington

@Metal_Mills said:

What the fuck at Jeff explaining this game? I have no clue what he was saying. Might as well have been teaching quantum physics in French.

It made perfect sense to me and I had no idea what this game before I watched this.

Posted by Tennmuerti

A Game of Systems

Posted by TheYear20XX

@Bourbon_Warrior: Arcade games can have DLC achievements too.

Posted by Poorman4444

middle fingers to this game

Edited by 234r2we232

The Facebook stuff is super disappointing. It reminds me of RB3's own version of "Instead of including these fun social features in the game itself, we decided to make you jump through hoops to access them outside of it... oh, you have a Facebook account, right?".

I still play RB3 almost everyday it seems (when I get chance) and have over 400 songs. But I NEVER use their website, I have no intention of getting the iOS app, and as implied above, I no longer have a FB account. It was never worth it.

Harmonix, I love you, but forcing people to go outside of your game to access features that should just be in the game (See: Reasons why consoles have Friend Lists) is stupid and actually limits the game for the vast majority of people. This stuff could be mirrored on FB just as easily. Really disappointed and hope it's not as bad as I'm seeing.

Edited by KaneRobot

Bless ya for trying Jeff, and your effort was admirable, but this game still makes no fucking sense to the viewer.

Moves Like Jagger is in the running for worst song I've ever heard. Great choice, Ryan.

Excited to get this since it's a cheap track pack...but I couldn't care less about the game itself.

At the end of a track it was showing people's real names on the leaderboards next to their gamertag...whassup with dat? Is that tied in to the Facebook and/or RB World Link stuff?

Posted by kkotd

Should have had a control scheme called 'Rock Band: The Experience' which allowed you to not only use your instruments... But use ALL the instruments, so you're sitting at your drum kil, a guitar on your neck, a mic in front ya and the keyboard on your left and as you switch tracks, you have to play notes in rhythm. The only big change that would be needed is an actual vocal run way, instead of the current one.

Posted by yoshimitz707

The Giant Bomb quest system you say? Never heard of that!

Posted by FMinus

eeeeew Facebook....

Posted by Jasoncourt

Hmm... For a quick look at a music game, I got very little sense of how it sounds while playing. I just kept hoping for Jeff and Ryan to be quiet for a minute so I could see and hear the game in action so I could get some kind of sense of how it feels. I like the info and explanation of the game menus and mechanics, but I feel like it was more of an info dump than getting a peek at how the game looks/sounds/plays. I don't know, not trying to be harsh, but I just didn't dig this quick look.

Posted by poisonmonkey

Watched it all and still don't know what the hells going on :(

Posted by RustySpoon

Man this game seems confusing...

Posted by KaneRobot

Jeff was right, Ryan was wrong. Give it Away was Rock Band 2, not 3, and the reason it's included here was because it didn't export from RB2. Same with Spoonman.

Posted by MeatSim

All the plastic instruments are what always kept me away from Guitar Hero and Rock band. Now that this game does away with them I might get into this.

Posted by wumbo3000

Hey Ryan, just wanna offer a piece of constructive criticism that I think will help your viewers.

Rather than explaining the intricacies and power-ups of a game in the beginning of a quick look, I think it's probably most effective to show the basic gameplay first, and then explain the ins and outs. Especially for a game like Rock Band Blitz, in which it may be confusing to some people on how the actual game is played. Just saying something that I think will help improve the quality of the quick looks, and I hope nobody flames me! Love what you guys do and keep up the good work.

Posted by SuperJoe

I need to play a demo or watch the in-game tutorial for something as abstract as this, having not played Frequency or Amplitude. I was unable to grasp DJ Hero until I played the demo at Best Buy.

Posted by MysteriousFawx

Purchasing this to unlock the songs in Rock Band normal....worth it

Posted by Terjay

So uh... A 27 minute quick look of a music game and they played two and a half tracks spending the rest going through fucking menus.

Posted by CraftySkills

@wumbo3000 said:

Hey Ryan, just wanna offer a piece of constructive criticism that I think will help your viewers.

Rather than explaining the intricacies and power-ups of a game in the beginning of a quick look, I think it's probably most effective to show the basic gameplay first, and then explain the ins and outs. Especially for a game like Rock Band Blitz, in which it may be confusing to some people on how the actual game is played. Just saying something that I think will help improve the quality of the quick looks, and I hope nobody flames me! Love what you guys do and keep up the good work.

We've been saying this forever. For whatever reason Ryan for the first 5-10 mins of every quick look he does just stays in the menus.

Posted by Curufinwe

Why is Ryan still bad at doing Quick Looks?

Posted by Hatp

@wumbo3000 said:

Posted by MetalGearSunny

Give It Away was on Rock Band 2 bro

Posted by PLWolf

Man, this downloadable to Vita with cross saves would be pretty sweet.

Posted by Aelric

Rhythm games make for poor quicklooks.

Posted by Kingpk

This is one of those games you just need to try to see if it's for you; explaining everything is admirable, but it really seems over complicated when it really is not.

Posted by mrsmiley

@wumbo3000 said:

THIS.

Posted by sixpin

I was looking forward to this until I watched the Quick Look. I never bought any or the Rock Band games after the first one and I sold it forever ago. I also never bought the DLC. So the track offerings and achievement tie-ins are disappointing. The real deal breaker for me, is the FaceBook integration though. I'm not a FaceBook guy, so there goes the whole social aspect. Oh, well.... money saved I guess.

Posted by Ghostiet

Goddammit, I hate how Ryan sits in the menus every time he plays a game.

Posted by Hatp

8 minutes of menu

Posted by Draxyle
Posted by kpaadet

Heavy integrated with facebook and achievements/trophies linked with DLC, yeah no thanks. But hey its Harmonix, so of course the GB guys eat it up.

Posted by scottygrayskull

Moves Like Jagger? Man, don't start the show with a show-stopper.

... by which I mean I nearly stopped the quick look, even though I'm really curious about this game and at least want to know how the heck it was going to work.

Looks pretty cool. :)

Posted by Hetz

This game looks awesome! Nice job, HMX!

Posted by Dagbiker

Giantbomb Quests? I remember those.

Posted by eccentrix

@BlackLagoon said:

Must have been one of the last things Jeff recorded before his tragic Olympic trolling accident. RIP Jeff Gerstmann.

I want to know what 'trolling' is nowadays, because a couple of years ago it meant trying to get someone angry without them discovering your intentions, not standing behind someone.

Posted by Zabant

@mrsmiley said:

@wumbo3000 said:

THIS.

Constructive, not destructive criticism. :)

Posted by kenniWORLDPEACE

looks great, but im still craving a proper Frequency 2.

Posted by RuthLoose

@Milkman said:

@jasius said:

@Winsord said:

@vhold said:

@david1890 said:

You idiots will literally bitch about anything.

This is the Internet... isn't that the main purpose... self-masturbation?

Posted by walterbennet

This could just be a pet peeve of mine, but I can't stand it when it takes them more than 5 minutes to get to the basic gameplay. Exploring menus is reaaaalllly boring, guys. Show us the game.

Posted by KlUMZeE

This looks pretty cool. It's a smart way to keep that Rock Band brand alive now that the whole guitar controller craze is officially dead.

Posted by mnzy

@wumbo3000 said:

Posted by ESREVER

Argh! The walls are moving again!

• 189 results