218 Comments
Posted by tourgen

love these! love the off-the-cuff style.

I'm getting a WiiU. I didn't get a Wii or a GameCube. I'm looking forward to having some fun with some Nintendo games, also some of the good 3rd party games like No More Heroes 2 and others. Metroid Prime is top of my list assuming it'll be available on some digital marketplace or whatever. I'd prefer a disk but whatever works.

Posted by D_train_lives

You should only buy a wii u if you are dared

Edited by studnoth1n

@Jeff: dear god you're lazy. what happened to this place, or was i imagining it the whole time when i thought you guys were fighting the good fight here at GB? and what is the state of your journalistic integrity where you feel you have to second guess yourself and defer to what the masses think anyway?

Posted by buckybit

Racist Wii-U Wars? WTF?!! hahaha

Posted by iAmJohn

@Joey2683 said:

How about Way Of The Samurai 4 QL? I know there are at least nine people who want to see it too.

Count me as a tenth person.

Posted by mrfluke

@iAmJohn said:

@Joey2683 said:

How about Way Of The Samurai 4 QL? I know there are at least nine people who want to see it too.

number 11, that game is quirky enough to where that could be an entertaining QL

Posted by liako21

Brad stop being a dick and buy a WiiU

Edited by Zabant

@Brad said:

@Zabant said:

Maybe brad should buy a wiiU because its his job to review and stay in the know about video games? Just a thought

You're right, there's no way I'll ever have access to a WiiU unless I put one in my home.

I was planning to get one, but just for this comment, now I'm not! Nyah!

Ok maybe went a little overboard, but in my mind its the principle damn it! I know you could get one from the office but something just doesn't sit right with me when games are such a large part of your working and normal life and you don't own all the major tentpole latest devices yourself.

I guess it's because if there's a platform exclusive game that comes out that I want to play I HAVE to go buy the device. You're a privileged man to be able to get such easy access to one shoemaker.

Posted by PCWV

@studnoth1n: This must be the first thing you have seen Jeff in. Unless you are being a counter-troll...

Posted by Buds312

\m/ Best. Awkward. Video. Ever. \m/

Posted by xxNBxx

Jeff played GW2 in the beta and didn't find anything exceptional and I have to agree with him after watching a good amount of the live stream stuff over the last few days.

PvE = zerg fest With no defined rolls everyone just does dps.

PvP should be called Gate Wars 2 cause thats what you do most of the time. Just stand infront of a gate and smash on it.

Edited by Tr0n

@Jeff said:

Someday I'll stop behaving so dismissively about Guild Wars 2, but people just get SO riled up that it's... a constant temptation. Consider this your pre-emptive "dude, calm down" post, I guess?

The reason they do this is because ArenaNet as a company and the GW franchise have a lot of really passionate people/developers/artists behind it and as a result, a really strong fan-base.

ANet knows how to cater to the community, because MMOs live and die by how good of a community a game has.

Plus, when a game comes along that tries to change things up a bit, and actually succeeds in doing so, it's a pretty big thing for the gaming industry. It's when real progress is made, even tho in small increments. Getting rid of the holy trinity (self-heal, no healer role, weapon switching mid-combat, adaptive combat), introducing a living word with dynamic events and world events, making an action/skill based combat system, eSports worthy structured tournament PvP, huge server vs. server vs. server castle sieges, and packing it all up into this beautiful hand-painted art style ArenaNet is famous for; it doesn't happen a lot these days. Usually you get served with one generic console title after another, with (thank god) some cool indie games in between.

Edited by studnoth1n

@PCWV: no. but his comment seems to reaffirm my suspicion... my suspicion that he's been turning into a bloviating turd, him along with everyone else on the crew. they're so goddamn lame and limp-wristed in developing any kind of critical pov on anything, but now i'm thinking that's always been the case and i've just been too blind to see. as journalists, they're completely impotent.

i won't even bother going into the state of the GB community. good god what a train-wreck that's become...

Posted by altairre

@mrfluke said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Joey2683 said:

Number 12. WotS 4 quicklook petition (because those always work out right?).

Edited by Hef

Hey dark souls PC is a thing. New content is off the hook. You guys should get on it :D

Posted by Nentisys

Pretty sure Ryan was on coke.

Edited by Tr0n

@xxNBxx said:

PvP should be called Gate Wars 2 cause thats what you do most of the time. Just stand infront of a gate and smash on it.

That's World vs. World (server vs. server vs. server). The real PvP is called structured PvP and it's 5 vs. 5. Also, people just smashing the door are doing it wrong. That's why fire rams and catapults are for. :)

Posted by chilibean_3

Nintendo should probably start talking about the WiiU sometime.

Posted by handsomeb

What about Neverdead?

Posted by Quarters

I want to see a Way of the Samurai 4 QL. Because that should be hilarious.

Posted by DASH

Ryan's got some energy today, gotta be the meth.

Edited by MAST

@xxNBxx said:

PvE = zerg fest With no defined rolls everyone just does dps.

Not saying your wrong, that kinda is what is going on right now. But dude, the game just came out. Nobody knows any strategy yet, or how to properly do thing. So of course these things are going to be happening.

As soon as people get smart, the player base spreads out some, people learn to use siege weapons, etc. Things will become way more interesting.

Also, one last thought. I'd quit playing this game if it had defined healer roles, or the "holy trinity" as some people call it.

Posted by gbrading

Poor Drew... Standing there all the way through the video trying to get some actual work done while everyone else is just #crackinwise

There's always NeverDead, right?

Posted by Ronald

I think you just need to make Brad play an Endurance Run of Neverdead by himself. Should have bought a Wii U.

Posted by GenocidalKitten

@altairre said:

@mrfluke said:

@iAmJohn said:

@Joey2683 said:

Number 12. WotS 4 quicklook petition (because those always work out right?).

Number 13. I don't know what game that is, in fact I'm not quite sure what site this is but, damn it if I don't love petitions.

Edited by Eujin

@MattBodega: After having joined this weekend, the guild is ok, but stay out of the Mumble server. Dear god that thing is full of filth and hate. People in the guild chat are pretty ok, from what I've seen.

That being said, if you want to be on mumble, your best bet is to make a Norn or Silvari(or join the Norn/Silvari channel), as the majority of the above mentioned filth and hate is from people in the general area or in the human channel.

Posted by NicolasVH

Whatever these guys get paid, it's too much.

Edited by Slaegar

#KrakenWise

edit: way too slow

Posted by outerabiz

Don't buy a WiiU, i dare you!

wait till the next generation of hardware and buy a "Wii-Z :unleashed"(pretty sure that will be it's name) instead, then you'll have a 2 generation backlog of nintendo games to play. Since 2 is more than 1, you'd be a fool not to do it really.

Posted by RVonE

@Hef said:

Hey dark souls PC is a thing. New content is off the hook. You guys should get on it :D

No, they should get one Matthew Rorie on it.

Edited by AssInAss

@Joey2683 said:

I would gladly want to see this too.

Posted by billyhoush

It's F-BOMB Mondays!!

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy

Loved Patrick's awkward, not "in the know" response to the #crackinwise reference.

Posted by natetodamax

I love how Brad's "ughhhh" and head scratch has become the new I Love Monday's intro, haha.

Posted by Napalm

@Humphreys said:

Brad's a cheesecake.

Yeah, I agree.

Posted by TeflonBilly

@Nentisys said:

Pretty sure Ryan was on coke.

@DASH said:

Ryan's got some energy today, gotta be the meth.

Don't narc out the narc guys!

Edited by MrKlorox
@studnoth1n said:

@PCWV: no. but his comment seems to reaffirm my suspicion... my suspicion that he's been turning into a bloviating turd, him along with everyone else on the crew. they're so goddamn lame and limp-wristed in developing any kind of critical pov on anything, but now i'm thinking that's always been the case and i've just been too blind to see. as journalists, they're completely impotent.

i won't even bother going into the state of the GB community. good god what a train-wreck that's become...

Well. At least you're self aware.

edit: Yeah, Way of the Samurai 4 is the only new game this week I'm actually interested in seeing. The concept is great, but the execution is always terrible in the WOTS games. I want to see a western developer take on the premise.
Posted by MrBlueJackle

So who's this new guy that looks like Ryan? I like him, he's got spunk.

Posted by golguin

@Hef said:

This is true. Dark Souls is always a thing.

Posted by Res

This aggression will not stand, man.

Posted by CaLe

@studnoth1n said:

I take it you're really enjoying GW2 then.

Posted by PillClinton

@RVonE said:

@Hef said:

No, they should get one Matthew Rorie on it.

Maybe will get this and answer the call! Get Vinny back on board too, though. That original DS QL remains one of the best pieces of content this site has produced.

Posted by enterprise1345

I may get the WiiU all dependent on if its cheap lol

Posted by PillClinton

@studnoth1n said:

I'm not going to get into that first paragraph, but honestly you don't quite seem to be, or have ever been, a very involved member of this site's community, so I find your judgments quite hollow and unfounded.

Posted by Naberius_Shrike

Kinda funny that if it's not November when Call of Duty is coming out they say "Nothing is coming out".

It's getting kind of tired, guys.

Posted by DougCL

all i ever really want out of i love mondays is for them to go bother Comic Vine. i see them sitting there, pretending not to hear whats going on. what the fuck are those two doing this week?

Posted by AngelN7

@DougCL said:

all i ever really want out of i love mondays is for them to go bother Comic Vine. i see them sitting there, pretending not to hear whats going on. what the fuck are those two doing this week?

Articles and producing content for the site you know... working , they don't have to chime in with the GB guys they probably don't play videogames all that much either.

Posted by Jams

@Eujin said:

@MattBodega: After having joined this weekend, the guild is ok, but stay out of the Mumble server. Dear god that thing is full of filth and hate. People in the guild chat are pretty ok, from what I've seen.

That being said, if you want to be on mumble, your best bet is to make a Norn or Silvari(or join the Norn/Silvari channel), as the majority of the above mentioned filth and hate is from people in the general area or in the human channel.

I joined the mumble too on the weekend and after about 30 seconds I had to turn it back off because they wouldn't shut the fuck up for two seconds. That is why I hate voice chatting. I'm always a fan of text chat only. Sometimes people gum on and on and don't know when to shut up.

Posted by PrioritySeven

@Naberius_Shrike said:

Kinda funny that if it's not November when Call of Duty is coming out they say "Nothing is coming out".

It's getting kind of tired, guys.

Yeah they'll probably only cover CoD in November. Just CoD. Nothing but CoD. Right?

Posted by thallium

It cracks me up that Drew is always standing around during these with a notepad. He even took some notes once.