128 Comments
  • 128 results
Posted by geirr

@Kaigan said:

Eh.

Meh.

Posted by Mirado

$250, sparse launch line up, takes a good year to get rolling, then becomes a huge hit, etc.

Basically, every product launch for Nintendo since the DS.

Posted by Viking_Funeral

@Maajin: I spit soda on my screen. Thanks.

Posted by Ben_H

I'll probably get it. The limited amount of console gaming I do now seems to mostly be Nintendo stuff so might as well keep that going. Though I got this SNES to keep me occupied for a while.

Posted by vikingdeath1

1.) REGGIE!!!

2.) Finally the EST gets some prioritization!

Posted by Porkellain

@Maajin said:

Posted by Winternet

Oh my, that video . . .

I predict the Wii U will support Unreal Engine 4. (hey, might as well think big)

Posted by TheAdmin

I have no interest in getting a Wii U. I bought, reluctantly, the Wii for my wife - who never plays it anymore (she did for a bit with animal crossing) - No Thank you.

Posted by Phat2

@Maajin said:

Posted by SYMPHONICOLOSSUS

I want the Wii U simply because I want HD Nintendo games. Plus, Project P-100 looks AWESOME!

Posted by HouseOfWolves

Nov 13
$299

Posted by AuthenticM

They better show some fucking games. Not the Nintendoland bullshit we got back at E3.

Posted by MocBucket62
@Maajin said:
Looks like Luigi's body is more ready for Reggie than Mario is. Looks at his hands, its a clear sign that he wants Reggie!
Posted by jesterroyal

Last prediction? Lots of U gonna be in this mess.

Posted by Dick_Mohawk

I predict I won't be buying a Wii U.

I'll be changing my car, buying a new motherboard and Ram maybe even a graphics card and SSD... and after, maybe a next gen xbox or ps4, but not a Wii U... and that's the next 24 months buying already sorted.

Posted by konig_kei
@ItBeStefYo

I don't trust that dude

Luigi? Why?
Posted by PenguinDust

The bosses frown on my watching video game conferences at work, so I'll be catching the highlights when I get home. Hopefully, Nintendo can improve the image of the Wii U by showing something of note. Recycled PS3/360 games and more Mario doesn't do it for me personally, but I'm still curious to see what it offers.

Posted by Ghost_Cat

What you just heard was the power of the Wii U, not the hired production team fucking up on audio. Great job, Nintendo!

Posted by LarcenousLaugh

@Maajin: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That made my night.

Posted by LarryDavis

Last Sunday of November, 250 dollhairs. Also predicting the launch and first year will be a disaster, which is a shame because it already has a far better lineup than the Wii did. Also, a controller that actually seems useable.

Posted by ArbitraryWater

Prediction: I still totally won't care at all about the Wii U and will probably only buy one when it is like $5 and has a Fire Emblem game.

Posted by shodan2020

At least they didn't forget that Mario has a brother.

Posted by Teddie

Boy, Mario sure is a lot less agile these days.

Posted by triviaman09

Man, I did forget that a new console is launching this year...

Posted by gunslingerNZ

Is it just me or does this video feel like a short for a kids TV show?

Posted by Dark_Lord_Spam

@Scrawnto said:

If Mario is that much bigger than Reggie, how gigantic must Peach be?

WORD. Wait, I mean... what?

Posted by Little_Socrates

Posted it on my Twitter, and I'll post it again here.

If the WiiU is $300 at launch, expect next-gen competors to be pushing $500.

Posted by Levio

I can't think of any good reason to buy it. Nintendo 1st party games used to be great, but they're just tired out franchises now, and the controller looks fine, but I doubt many developers will want to develop great games for one system's control scheme...

Posted by Oombalan

Yeah, I'll get one on launch, probably with Pikmin 3 and Mario Bros U.

Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw

I'll bet a $250 base model price tag, with a $300 model including the iPad new controller. It'll ship with the new Pikmin. Launch titles will include Pikmin, Rayman, Arkham, and a few other re-releases, along with a small number of downloadable titles, likely announced at a later date. While claiming to be all about the games, the Nintendo pressie will instead focus in on coked-out cheery actors miming having a fucking righteous time with their new gadgets, while Reggie will spout off a bunch of nonsense and avoid the topic of hardware altogether, leaving it for a quiet email to be sent out at a later date.

What I'm hoping for beyond that? Man, I don't know. They need to show games, and not just rehashes of current 360 and PS3 releases. Get us some solid details on 3rd party support and how Nintendo will try to stop the hemorrhage of shitty titles. Make me believe that the WiiU isn't something more than a novelty toy.

Posted by GunsAreDrawn

Uhhh...why are Mario and Luigi the same height? Now it just looks like Luigi has a longer face.

Posted by Thoseposers

man, so many internet cynics. i'll be getting one and i'll be enjoying all the cool stuff it has to offer. i'm probably most excited for innovative games that haven't been announced yet

Posted by wsowen02

Prediction: I will continue to not care about WiiU.

Posted by laserbolts

I do not want to buy anything this greasy Reg guy is sellin.

Posted by Wrighteous86

@Thoseposers said:

man, so many internet cynics. i'll be getting one and i'll be enjoying all the cool stuff it has to offer. i'm probably most excited for innovative games that haven't been announced yet

This is why most people are "cynical". I LOVE Nintendo, but by all accounts they have an underpowered machine with MAYBE one game that interests me (ZombiU) announced, and the system is out in 2 months.

When Zelda, Mario, or Metroid come out, I'll pick one up, but I'm not even a little bit excited, and I think the screen in the controller is a good idea. If I'm not excited, as a professed Nintendo fanboy, I fear for this system's potential.

Posted by Carlos1408

@geirr said:

@Kaigan said:

Eh.

Meh.

Derp?

Posted by DrJota

@damswedon: Reggie's prediction? PAIN.

Posted by Thoseposers

@Wrighteous86 said:

@Thoseposers said:

This is why most people are "cynical". I LOVE Nintendo, but by all accounts they have an underpowered machine with MAYBE one game that interests me (ZombiU) announced, and the system is out in 2 months.

When Zelda, Mario, or Metroid come out, I'll pick one up, but I'm not even a little bit excited, and I think the screen in the controller is a good idea. If I'm not excited, as a professed Nintendo fanboy, I fear for this system's potential.

Isn't an underpowered machine and the potential for innovative games what Nintendo has always done and they've always sold gangbusters.

Posted by Majkiboy

No predictions. But a F-Zero game and a real Metroid game would be nice (and should be in the works if they are smart).

Posted by TooWalrus

How many press conferences are we going to go through without getting a release date for luigis mansion 2...

Posted by Set

@Thoseposers said:

Video game website users are worthless scum with a stupidly ridiculous sense of entitlement. I've grown less and less interested in what users have to say because everything they say is pessimistic and annoying.

Posted by Mumrik

@msavo said:

It could be free and I still wouldn't want one.

That's a lie and you know it.

Nerds don't turn down free shit.

Posted by confideration

I have other stuff to do... like uh... well I'll think of something.

Posted by Gamer_152

This is at least the fourth one of these weird announcement streams that Nintendo has put out independent of its E3 press conference, I guess at least this is something that has a physical event behind it, and might actually come with prices and dates for the Wii U. My expectations are sadly low, but I'm none the less interested to see what they have.

Posted by august

Games.

This thing needs games.

Good ones.

Edited by Dan_CiTi

I'll probably get a new Maschine, MPC Studio, or iPhone instead, but the Wii U looks pretty cool. I don't know why it is getting shit on so hard. The launch line up looks really good, it seems decently powerful (small step up from current consoles, it will be behind but at least it can do HD and all that), and they're finally getting away from full-on motion controls more or less. I mean, if I can play the Mario game for it and it is as good as the Mario Galaxy series and I can play it with the Pro Controller (same with Zelda and whatever else they cook up), sign me up. 

Posted by Undeadpool

@Set said:

@Thoseposers said:

Video game website users are worthless scum with a stupidly ridiculous sense of entitlement. I've grown less and less interested in what users have to say because everything they say is pessimistic and annoying.

I wouldn't go that strongly, and I also wouldn't limit it to just videogame enthusiast sites. Large swaths of the internet, it seems, are dedicated to this bizarre race to the bottom of a massive affectation of passionless jadedness.

Posted by Dan_CiTi
@GunsAreDrawn said:

Uhhh...why are Mario and Luigi the same height? Now it just looks like Luigi has a longer face.

Pretty sure it is just the nature of those costumes being huge already. Same with the Disney World type mascot costumes too. 
Posted by GirlsGeneration

Reggie got some good acting skills there...lol. I'll check this live event out tonight

Posted by BBQBram

What the fuck was up with the audio before the cut?

• 128 results