183 Comments
  • 183 results
Posted by Sanity

God... they need to change the commentary... its been the same for years now.

Posted by Delta_Ass

@asmo29a said:

They really had to write "Advance to Gameplay" instead of "Play"? The menus in these games..

It's cause you're already playing.

Playing in menus.

Edited by kerse

@KlUMZeE said:

V&J, the ultimate sports game commentators.

My thoughts exactly.

"Can we make the weather real bad?"

Posted by Dracomaster01

When the announcer said something about aliens playing hockey, all I could think of was the Mighty Ducks cartoon where the ducks were actual ALIEN DUCKS PLAYING HOCKEY.

Posted by Rodiard

Playing a hockey game horizontally? Sacrilege!

Posted by Vetterli
Posted by shadowwolf9

@SushiNao: I don't think you can taint Pennywise anymore than being Pennywise.

Posted by DukesT3

@scottygrayskull said:

What's new in NHL13? Is there a "go on strike... again" option?

Didn't they just have a strike and cancel the season back in like 08-09?

Edited by Aegon

50 minutes of a hockey game?

*sigh*

The comments make it seem like it may be worth it, but damn.

@MikkaQ said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

PLEASE DO THIS FOR FIFA 13!

Hahahahahahahahaha. Oh, soccer.

Quiet you. Soccer is more entertaining than all your basketballs and hockeys and "foot" ball.

Posted by agc8602

@Aegon: Pretty sure they mean for the physics engine.

Posted by SushiNao

@shadowwolf9 said:

@SushiNao: I don't think you can taint Pennywise anymore than being Pennywise.

BLASPHEMAH

Nah, I know they haven't done much of note lately. Still, they were one of my favourite bands when I was younger, and Bro Hymn is one of their best & most powerful

Posted by voltan

Wow. This was really painful to watch. Lost count how many scoring opportunities Vinny wasted.

Posted by nywt

I love that the first fight pitted Jari Kurri against some random dude. Jari Kurri will fuck you up!

Posted by evanbower

Hey, should we co-opt this as Giant Bomb's official Canadian forum, in a two birds with one stone situation?

Posted by rickytherapper

Okay Jeff and Vinny, I love you guys. I love this damn site so much, but you NEED to hire a "sports guy" come on please.

Edited by MeatSim

This is a weird fighting game. It was 40 minutes of guys skating around on ice before any actual fighting happened.

Posted by NateDogg

Wow almost a 1 hour quick look on hockey. I love you guys.

Posted by Zacagawea

@rickytherapper said:

Okay Jeff and Vinny, I love you guys. I love this damn site so much, but you NEED to hire a "sports guy" come on please.

Alex is the sports guy

Posted by rickytherapper

Alex is hardly ever featured in videos (for good reasons) and I still wouldn't consider him "the sports guy." I appreciate these quick looks because they're funny, but it would be nice to have someone who is a legitimate sports fan and could bring some legitimate insight to the gameplay mechanics, realism, etc. I just think it would be a nice contrast instead of two dudes who honestly have no idea what is going on.

Still really enjoy these.

Posted by Marlowefire

Flyers versus the rangers. Ah haha you guys crack me up

Posted by GirlsGeneration

Nice QL guys. Jeff and Vinny top notch professional sports experts lol love it!

Posted by SleepyDoughnut

These are my favorite quick looks.

Posted by Milkman

"It's like an IGN review over here" #SHOTSFIRED

Posted by Milkman

I love that whenever Jeff and Vinny pick up a sports game, it's like they've never played a video game in their lives.

Edited by cyraxible

I love that they have to put the new features in the intro video. "Hey you guys, it's not just a roster update!"

The puck in this game has a weird shadowy aura. Demon puck.

Posted by Patman99

"Is this guy drunk?"

"No, that is just a French Canadian."

In my experience, it probably is both.

Posted by Javes

It seems they didn't realize you have to use the right stick to aim where to pass to.

Posted by JokerSmilez

@voltan said:

Wow. This was really painful to watch. Lost count how many scoring opportunities Vinny wasted.

He plays hockey games like anyone who doesn't know anything about hockey. Once a guy gets the puck, never pass it, just skate right at the net and try a slap shot from an inch away.

Posted by melodiousj

This game is missing one thing and one thing only: Don Cherry!

Posted by defcomm

jeff is out of control

Posted by mutha3

Man...this QL isn't bad or anything, but after the last couple of AMAZING Jeff+Vinny sports QL's, its hard not to feel a little underwhelmed when something totally insane doesn't happen.

Posted by Milkman

@voltan said:

I'm not sure what you were expecting.

Posted by cthomer5000

Looking forward to your FIFA 13 Quick Look

Posted by Hogans_Hotdogs

Every year I look forward to EA's new lineup of sports releases purely for the quicklooks.

Posted by CptMorganCA

You guys are nuts! The Jeff and Vinny combo of blindly entering sports games is one of my favorite GB things!

Posted by ThePantheon

@Mister_V: my thoughts EXACTLY. Vinny + Jeff + sports make me glad to be a subscriber.

Posted by Pudge

Giant Bomb Sports Desk is almost beating Giant Bomb Flight Club for my favorite feature on the site now.

Posted by trayntastic

i hope they do nba 2k13

Posted by ColinWright

Potvin sucks.

Posted by WVUEers

I really don't want to be "that guy" but my hockey nerdom is too over powering.

-Hartford Whalers became the Carolina Hurricanes in 1997

-The Kings just won the Stanley Cup... so yeah Jeff they're pretty good these days (You were in LA when they did, how do you not remember that?)

-The game isn't over rating the NHL teams with stars it's that the game has multiple leagues (like FIFA) and that the NHL is the premier league in the game so by comparison all the NHL teams are that good.

Posted by Hemlock

As someone who has bought just about every EA hockey game since 94' and went at midnight to pick up 13', this quick look was glorious.

Posted by Th3_James

I am Canadian and don't care about hockey. I did however like getting in fights in some Genesis hockey game I had.

Posted by MeAuntieNora

Is it a bit nipply in here or did I just watch a hockey Quick Look?

Posted by GERALTITUDE

What?

Only two Winter Classics to pick from? No Heritage Classic? Boooooo.

Posted by Zelnox

Too funny.

Posted by JBG4

Drop Gloves.

Edited by HerbieBug

I am also Canadian and I think hockey is stupid. Of course, I think most team sports are stupid in general. I do enjoy poutine and smoked salmon though. I have ended sentences with a sincere and non-ironic 'eh'. I think those francophones out east are fucking bastards but could not provide any clear rationale for that bias if asked. :D

Posted by HerbieBug

quebecois with your ockey and your hice. D:

Posted by m2cks

I don't even watch hockey and I was increasingly agitated when Vinny wouldn't shoot the puck.

Posted by Strife777

Everybody is saying it, but Jeff/Vinny quick looks are always great.

• 183 results