• 184 results
Posted by dungbootle

I love video games

Posted by InternetDetective

STAND IN THE PLACE WHERE YOU LIVE

Posted by MuddyDonut

My sides are standing on their own

Posted by MeldingPlague

I have a launch PS3 and I skipped out on upgrading to the current slim version but now stands.

Posted by SuperJoe

Take that, earthquakes!

Posted by bybeach

I'm at a loss. Seriously, not getting it.

I keep my machines on the horizontal anyways, cause of the 3 teir wall mount stand (glass shelves) I got for components. Recievor though is on the cabinet, weighs over 50 lb I think, which was over the limit

Posted by Talis12

the big question is, should i stand while handling the stand?

Posted by rand0mZer00

This is the greatest article I have ever read.

Posted by Phatmac

sold.

Posted by MordeaniisChaos

... Doesn't that totally remove the point of putting it vertically? ie to save space?

Posted by Maajin

Welp, console wars won.

Posted by Katkillad

Just what i always wanted...another variation of the ps3...

Posted by rachelepithet

From QVC.com: "Put it on a pedestal. You love your PS2, protect it with this horizontal stand. Made exclusively for use with the PS2 system console, it allows you to protect your valuable system without sacrificing the look of the hi-tech design. Made in USA."

Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

This is the first article I read in weeks........  GODDAMN!!!!!!!!!!  

Posted by Spike_Kojima

@MordeaniisChaos said:

... Doesn't that totally remove the point of putting it vertically? ie to save space?

You put it vertically because it looks rad , can't you appreciate art homie ?

Posted by solidlife

relevant to my interests

Posted by thebunnyhunter

i think the stand broke Jeff

Posted by paisan13

I have a progressive idea for Sony: Do something about the high price, something like lower it!! I really don't care if I can stand it up, I care about the price, and $300 for a six year old console is a no-brainer for me, a no buy.

Posted by PrinceRhaegar

If this is what this site produces when the dudes work from home, CLOSE THAT GODDAMN OFFICE

Posted by Delta_Ass

This is the greatest thing about stands since Stephen King's The Stand.

Posted by The_Nubster

I think Jeff should write more articles, but out of the dumb things that Patrick finds and doesn't use. I like these dumb articles.

Posted by JasonR86

Why are they making another PS3 model? Just...just bring the new one out for the love of God.

Posted by Steven

This is amazing

Posted by Delta_Ass

@JasonR86 said:

Why are they making another PS3 model? Just...just bring the new one out for the love of God.

Are you saying you won't stand for this?

Posted by MooseyMcMan
Posted by Abendlaender

And here I was thinking nothing interesting came out of Sonys TGS show....how wrong I was.....how wrong I was

Posted by JasonR86

@Delta_Ass said:

@JasonR86 said:

Are you saying you won't stand for this?

Posted by Dtat

I love Jeff's news articles! I wish he did more of them.

Posted by aceofspudz

Couldn't you stand up all the other PS3s on their sides as well, by virtue of the big flat surfaces? I mean, I did.

Posted by ApolloBob

Think about direction, wonder why you never had one...

STAND!

Posted by virtorio

Sony sure know how to mould certain materials into an attractive looking product accessory.

Posted by Irvandus

We clearly stand on the verge of pure greatness with this revelation.

Posted by ajamafalous

I love you Jeff.

Posted by N7

THE CONSOLE WAR IS OVER. PACK IT UP XCOCKS.

Posted by Godlyawesomeguy

The "stand" puns are in full force in the comments, and I expected nothing less.

Posted by confideration

Not being able to stack one console on top of another = a step backwards

Posted by McGhee

I can remember getting my new PS2 on launch day and standing that baby up and thinking it was the coolest goddamn thing I'd ever seen. Now I just want consoles to be on a shelf and out of the way.

Posted by EverydayOdyssey

That was really funny. Thanks for the laughs after a long day at work.

Posted by marbleCmoney

I love articles like this.

Posted by Enigma777

I actually bought a horizontal PS2 stand back in the day. Don't judge me!

Posted by BestUsernameEver

@JasonR86 said:

They have to make it seem new to Christmas buyers, it's their last bang for the PS3, so why not make a new version and trick late buyers into getting 'the latest and greatest hardware', even though it's six years out and the new one is looming. Then again, people still buy PS2s, so I am more looking at this model as something that will carry over into the PS4's lifespan for not as wealthy gamers.

Posted by mabber36

that clear blue ps2 is pretty sweet

Posted by AsherV20

I've never known love until having read a Jeff Gerstmann penned news article. That was so amazing, my heart is aflutter!

Posted by punkxblaze

I think I legitimately miss see through gaming consoles/peripherals. That shit was dope when I was like 10. Fucking clear gameboy.

Posted by HarlequinRiot

What does Jeff think he is, a stand-up comedian?

Posted by NoobSauceG7

I hope you are having a terrific Wednesday too Jeff!

Posted by PandaShake

Aw man, I totally thought that stand slanting means the black part can move and you can slant the ps3 at an angle.

Edited by Gunharp
Posted by SuperSambo

Ok, this story has single handily made me re-new my subscription.

Posted by FormulaDeuce

Giant Bomb's 2012 Stand of the Year!

• 184 results