230 Comments
Posted by depecheload

I am buying the fuck out of this game. Day one.

Posted by benu302000

Jeff you're clipping like a mofo.

Posted by EmuLeader

This game is awesome. Great choice for a quick look guys!

Posted by DrFlapjack

@Humanity said:

This game looks like it might get boring pretty fast, despite what everyone says.

I have to agree. At first glance it looks like a great concept full of potential, but if all of the animals follow the exact same challenges and cycles of eating/mating it could get repetitive. It's yet another reason I wish I had a PS3 though.

Edited by pwnmachine

Can someone confirm if you can play as a rottweiler? Can't really find anything...One of the locked animals looked like one but I cant tell for sure, it could also be a Mastiff, Presa Carino etc...

Posted by thatdutchguy
This game is fucking great !
Posted by Spitznock

This is why I love Japanese game design. Something this crazy wouldn't be made here in the west.

Posted by nohthink

It's a dog eating dog world.

Posted by bemusedchunk

fuck next gen. make more of this plz.

Posted by PLWolf

$15? Next week? Sweet!!

Posted by dru187

THOSE POOR CHICKS!!! :(

Posted by PimblyCharles

Pom Poko comes to mind...

Posted by Mezmero

This may be one of the greatest games ever made. I'm looking forward to a sequel called Manhattan Jungle. Keep doing these videos.

Posted by Helios1337

It reminds me a bit of E.V.O. for the SNES.

Posted by MyNiceIceLife

This is so insanely weird that I must have it now!

Posted by Baal_Sagoth

Very odd. If this hit the PC as a download, FTL and Torchlight 2 wouldn't occupy me intensively right now and - realisitcally speaking - the game cost about 50-60% of the asking price for western audiences I can't imagine not giving it a shot. It's just too straight-faced about this complete nonsense to ignore. As is stands right now I'm happy to know of its existence and we'll see if it comes up again.

Posted by DoctorSmashman

Very pleasantly surprised about this. I'll definitely be picking it up.

Posted by EveretteScott

I laughed so much with this. The reactions they had to some things were priceless.

Posted by beard_of_zeus

I'm ridiculously excited for this game. Man, I wish this was out already. Jeff dropkicking those bunnies as the deer was hilarious!

From the Japanese gameplay I've seen, you unlock a new story mode level for every 3 computer chips/archives you collect in survival.

Posted by MiniPato

That deer delivered a galactic punt. Also there better be a luchador mask head accessory.

Posted by ArchTeckGuru8

Game of the year.

Posted by bluefoxxy

@Rayeth: Thats cuz 8-4 never has anything good to say about anything.

Posted by darkdragonmage99

I wanna see what jeff does with something like a bear

Posted by pekoe212

@Spitznock said:

This is why I love Japanese game design. Something this crazy wouldn't be made here in the west.

Posted by KlUMZeE

This QL was amazing!

Posted by TheFuzziestKitty

Killed by terriers! That's how I've always imagined I would go...

Posted by cosi83

Eh so i can't play this on thr Vita? My PS3 is back on the Uk. I would have to connect my PS3 to the Vita to play remotely?

Posted by cosi83

Damn touch screen! Referring to the mistakes above, *the, and *in the Uk

Posted by Patman99

The deer is called a grazer but clearly the game shows the deer browsing, not grazing.

Posted by johncallahan

I'm real torn on this game, I'm one of those guys who unabashedly love animals and seeing them die (even virtually) tears me up a bit. But man, this just looks to insane to pass up.

Posted by ThePilgrums

@bemusedchunk said:

fuck next gen. make more of this plz.

Not much more I could add. My sentiments as well.

Posted by Quarters

This looks way more awesome than it should.

Posted by PassiveKaerenai

this game is genuinely appealing, and not just in an ironic way, my heart is won

Posted by PenguinDust

That was a pretty funny QL. Quirky games make the best QLs.

Posted by king0fprussia

holy shit

Posted by RedRocketWestie

Can't believe Jeff missed out on the opportunity to call it Metal Deer Solid.

Posted by Wampa1

@PimblyCharles: I'd play the shit out of a game that let me use my transforming tanuki ball's to fight humans.

Posted by virtorio

This is the most exciting game to game out this generation.

Posted by beard_of_zeus

@RedRocketWestie said:

Can't believe Jeff missed out on the opportunity to call it Metal Deer Solid.

One of the story missions is pretty much that. You play as the deer and hide inside an overturned dumpster to evade guards...I mean, wolves ;)

Posted by mudkip9000

this game looks sick

Posted by Sticky_Pennies

Was not expecting this to be as cool as it is.

Posted by cordialsnail

Good God this looks cool.

Posted by SatelliteOfLove

I am all over this like stank on shit.

Posted by csl316

The toxicity, of our city!

Posted by fox01313

They need to revisit this game later when someone on the GB crew has unlocked the predators to see how crazy this is. Overall interesting to see though I wonder who in Japan was smoking blowfish while wrapping squid around their head to think of this or better yet think of why a game like this hasn't been made before.

Posted by Jackal888

Jeff pulled a Brad!

Posted by advkow

Wow...that last wolf was really smart.

Posted by LarryDavis

BRING BACK CUBIVORE

Posted by HyperionXR

I hate to be the one to mention it, cause I know they hate hearing these suggestions... but I'd pay good coin for a Tokyo Jungle Endurance Run.

Posted by patrickklepek

@cosi83 said:

Eh so i can't play this on thr Vita? My PS3 is back on the Uk. I would have to connect my PS3 to the Vita to play remotely?

I believe this does have Remote Play?

Staff