182 Comments
  • 182 results
Posted by leinad44

This is proof that Firaxis employs awesome people

Posted by Veektarius

Dudes would probably miss less if they'd aim for center mass.

Posted by falling_fast

oh my god, canada is a giant swirl of red!

clearly I need to start stocking up on canned beans.

Posted by ComradeCrash

I am now going to have a character in my game named Papa Bear Ryan.

Posted by Benny

This is a really awesome quick look of a game I'm sure will have many hours of my life. Looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

Really enjoyed all the jawin' too.

Posted by KirePDX

If you guys like the Firaxis dudes, Rock Paper Shotgun has a series of great interviews that shows their personality really well. They're a couple months old, so I'm sure all the data is out there; but you can see how funny and passionate they are.

Posted by MildMolasses

Hate to break it to you guys, but the Big Jeffrey reference seemed accidental. None of the people involved in this ql seemed to have reason to think that name was referring to something. As much as I want to believ that it was a reference to the best ql of the year, I don't think it was

Edited by Peanut

I have an irrational fear of aliens that sometimes puts me (quite genuinely) on the verge of a panic attack, but I still want to play this game so fucking bad.

Posted by Phat2

lol watda fuk.. this is like a new ripoff of the ol d xcom games.. wtf ea just stealin o ld ideas? gg...

Posted by ComradeKhan

I need this game!

Posted by Nomin

this update is certainly intriguing, and the graphics and designs of Xeno are appealing. I still don't understand the controls, and how they made it compatible with a controller; I honestly don't think they did enough to fully exploit pc controls. six member team on a smaller scale map is disappointing, as is the curious absence of anything resembling traditional action points. In the end, it would all come down to the AI and how solid the simplified tactical combat can underpin content and mod possibilities. Or there is always Xenonauts to look forward to.

Posted by jonny_mung

@ComradeCrash said:

I am now going to have a character in my game named Papa Bear Ryan.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Big Jeffrey is gonna be the heavy of my squad for sure.

;)

Posted by ProfessorK

As a person who is usually very intimidated by the strategy genre, i am genuinely excited to play this. It looks so well done and deep with mechanics that I very well would enjoy. Trying to keep a squad together looks genuinely challenging, overall the game seems fun.

Shout outs to Lt. Big Jefferey!

Posted by Hansolol

Hate EX's

Posted by Mezmero

I never played original X-Com but this game looks amazing. Looks like a super bad ass version of Valkyria Chronicles. I might buy it just from what I've seen in this video.

Posted by prestonhedges

"Both, control-wise, are very elegant and intuitive to use..." "It was fairly straight-forward to map onto the controller..." "I'm a mouse-and-keyboard guy..."

I really don't know how they can peddle this horseshit. It's a console game badly ported to PCs.

Posted by The_Ruiner

some serious animation glitches goin on in the base

Posted by MeatSim

When an alien invasion happens get a team of video game journalist not actual soldiers.

Posted by LarryDavis

China panic level: Don't Care.

Posted by SuperZamrod

Really enjoyed this quick look.

Posted by LikeaSsur

@Phat2 said:

lol watda fuk.. this is like a new ripoff of the ol d xcom games.. wtf ea just stealin o ld ideas? gg...

I....it's....yeah, it's ripping off the old XCOM with no shame or intention of hiding it. Good eye.

Posted by TheSouthernDandy

Those Firaxis dudes seem pretty rad. So does this game, I'm totally on board.

Posted by JeffGerstFan

@Phat2 said:

LOL That is an awesome troll attempt! Good on ya! I could not stop laughing!

Posted by super2j

This guy sounds like Dave and kinda talks like him too!! "top men", he used that term!!!

Edited by gbrading

Big Jeffrey for Jeff is completely right, I don't know what Ryan's talking about. :)

Very Deus Ex-esque music.

Posted by sear

Dumbed down mechanics, dated visuals, one of the worst PC UIs seen in a game since Skyrim... good going, Firaxis.

Posted by nasseh

Man, I can't wait to get my hands on this, as well as Dishonoured on the same day! Crazy.

Posted by MarkWahlberg

Is the Dr. Shen character voiced by the Asian Scientist Man from LOST? Voice sounds really familiar...

Posted by Patman99

@LikeaSsur said:

@Phat2 said:

I....it's....yeah, it's ripping off the old XCOM with no shame or intention of hiding it. Good eye.

OH FUCK! I never realised this. EVEN THE NAMES ARE THE SAME!

Edited by SkullcrusherMountain

@MarkWahlberg said:

Is the Dr. Shen character voiced by the Asian Scientist Man from LOST? Voice sounds really familiar...

Yeah, that's Francios Chau. I recognized it, too :D Say hi to your mother for me.

Posted by PrivateIronTFU

Okay, this is not my type of genre, but I have to admit, this is kind of cool-looking.

Posted by fox01313

Game looks great & fun seeing it in action. Hopefully you can create some kind of template so if you want your squads to have the same names in each playthrough (like here with the GB crew) then you can speed up the creation process of renaming people.

Posted by lowestformofwit

I cannot wait. So glad they did this, screw the FPS version.

Posted by nate6858

This looks great, definitely going to pick it up. I've been itching for a good turn based strategy game.

Posted by bobo6463

The game looks pretty awesome. Look forward to playing it when it comes out.

I wonder if this game is supposed to be taking place in the Sims world. During the base management part of the video, it looks like the currency they're using seems to be Simoleans (that crazy looking S symbol).

Edited by Nights

Damn, totally forgot this is coming out relatively soon! Guild Wars 2 has made September fly right on by. Can't wait for this.

Posted by august

This music is some serious .mod goodness.

Posted by paulwade1984

It's a shame that ryan can't call them on their bullshit. Blatent bugs all over that demo.

Obviously he can't say anything because firaxis simply won't come back. ever. word would spread and then nobody would come in for ex's.

It's a shame, but necessary.

Even with bugs this looks pretty good.

Posted by Rhinooh

@Patman99 said:

@LikeaSsur said:

@Phat2 said:

Follow the money find the truth.

Posted by Mumrik

Ryan talks about that console/PC gap as something the finally just recently arrived for this generation - is he batshit insane?

Edited by washingmachine

@Mumrik said:

Ryan talks about that console/PC gap as something the finally just recently arrived for this generation - is he batshit insane?

He means that as time goes on and new consoles don't arise, the disparity between PC quality and console quality becomes greater and greater (Sleeping Dogs is a good and recent example). Of course PC is always ahead of the game, but the further things go on and we're stuck with the technical limitations of 6-7 year old consoles, the advancements of PC stuff begins to stand out way than it did say 3 years ago or whatever.

Posted by Stubee

@Rhinooh said:

@Patman99 said:

@LikeaSsur said:

@Phat2 said:

Follow the money find the truth.

CHEM TRAILS!

Posted by Stubee

@gladspooky said:

"Both, control-wise, are very elegant and intuitive to use..." "It was fairly straight-forward to map onto the controller..." "I'm a mouse-and-keyboard guy..."

I really don't know how they can peddle this horseshit. It's a console game badly ported to PCs.

Have you played the demo pal? The UI is so easy to use a braindead aadvark could use it whilst drowning.

Posted by prestonhedges

@Stubee said:

@gladspooky said:

Have you played the demo pal? The UI is so easy to use a braindead aadvark could use it whilst drowning.

If you plug in a controller, sure.

Posted by RichieJohn

Not played the original(s) but this seems super rad

Posted by Igottadeuce

Stick your arms out to the side, everyone. It's Game Room time!

Posted by Stubee

@gladspooky said:

@Stubee said:

@gladspooky said:

No with a mouse.

Posted by prestonhedges

@Stubee said:

@gladspooky said:

@Stubee said:

@gladspooky said:

No with a mouse.

I'm pretty sure the people who made this game have no idea what a mouse is.

Posted by Patchcoat

@Igottadeuce said:

Stick your arms out to the side, everyone. It's Game Room time!

Posted by jimbofletcher

not sure to get this and if i do ps3 xbox or pc

• 182 results