403 Comments
Posted by Saadnation

I'm going to try so hard not to watch this. I preordered this game the other day because of all the "buzz" that's been going on about it, but I know absolutely nothing about it. It's been so long since I have gone into a game completely blind like this and I'm pretty excited about that

Posted by Orexis97

hmm

Edited by Mirado

Finally! I've been waiting for what feels like forever for this game to come out. Love me some DM: M&M.

Posted by m16mojo2

'Chieves!

Posted by Tilghan

Sweet

Posted by wumbo3000

Let's get Dishonored!

Posted by Genxalo

Whale oil steam punk!

Posted by The_Laughing_Man

Best thumb nail ever. 

Posted by LikeaSsur

Now it's time to see if this game really looks as good as everyone's made it out to be.

Posted by omeganightmare

Oh man can't wait

Posted by Crab_Slayer

Broke-tober has started and i simply don't have enough money to get all the games I want in the next few months. That's why I'm looking forward to this quick-look, because I've got to make a choice between Dishonored or X-com.

Posted by The_Laughing_Man

Someone said if I liked Bioshock I would love this game. 

Edited by wrecks

I love Sundays.

Edited by xMEGADETHxSLY

One Pile Of Shit Game Last Week, A Fucking Amazing Game (from what everyone is saying) this week. PC right??

Posted by satch919

Been looking forward to this all day. :)

I sure hope the game turned out great. Time to watch the QL.

Posted by Zepeleptic

so interested in seeing this game!

Edited by MrMazz

So I spent about 5 minutes looking for this, this morning forgot it said 9 PM not AM

Now having watched that WOW I really really want to get this game now. Had no idea this game was like this since I didn't really pay attention to it. But I WANT>

Posted by MasterVerhoffin

Am I the only one who LIKED Dark Messiah?

Posted by InfiniteGeass

@MrMazz said:

So I spent about 5 minutes looking for this, this morning forgot it said 9 PM not AM

You are not the only one.

Posted by wrecks
@MasterVerhoffin: Nope!
Posted by DeShawn2ks

Yah!! Where is that play button?

Posted by Malarkain

"chasm"

Edited by sear

@MasterVerhoffin said:

Am I the only one who LIKED Dark Messiah?

No. Best first-person melee combat ever (except maybe Xeno Clash?), good level design, nice blend of RPG elements into first-person gameplay. It was an awesome game, but the Xbox version was apparently not very good and the port was not handled directly by Arkane. People seemed to dislike it for some reason, probably because the reviewers weren't paid off and it actually required skill to play it properly.

Also, Arx Fatalis is one of the best dungeon crawlers ever made and the true follow-up to Ultima Underworld. Disappointed it didn't get a mention here, but I guess Patrick and Ryan aren't exactly the most knowledgeable when it comes to CRPGs.

Also, if someone from Giant Bomb describes a game with fewer features, systems and less complicated mechanics than well-known titles made 10-15 years earlier as having "so much stuff" in it, I'm gonna slit my wrists. Getting old hearing how apparently being "not a bro shooter" passes for depth these days.

Also, describing the ability to choose play-style and tailor character upgrades, routes through levels etc. as a "genre flaw"? Really guys? Really? That's the entire point of this type of game!

Also, the blink mechanic does not enable verticality in level design, at least unless you have a problem with running/jumping, using ladders, etc. But I guess those can't be mapped to an Awesome Button as easily and don't get a big glowing reticule to take out all skill from the equation, so this is an "innovation" or something. Describing being able to bypass stealth gameplay via said Awesome Button as some sort of advantage/evolution of gameplay is also... uh, no.

Also, is it just me or are these abilities stupidly overpowered? Is this game actually challenging and well-balanced? Being able to just possess an enemy and walk past everyone looks like it would almost completely undermine stealth.

Also, no resource management is a positive? Great, I guess being able to use all those overpowered abilities all the time with no consequences must be a ton of fun.

Also, if stealth in Deus Ex is "find the vent" then I guess in Dishonored it's "possess the guard and walk past everyone with no opposition whatsoever" or "teleport wherever you want instantly, as much as you want"? Real big improvement there, guys.

Also, that "dark vision" stuff plus all the quest markers is rage-inducing. Why have exploration in a game when you can just show players where everything is at all times? I really hope you can turn all that crap off.

Also, does this game have any of the intellectual themes or commentary of the Deus Ex series? Not really seeing much of it here other than "this world is kinda weird and messed up."

Snarky remarks about Patrick's commentary aside, I'm still waiting on hearing more about this game. The BioShock-ism runs strong in it which does not at all fill me with confidence, and I've heard that the AI doesn't even take basic stuff like light and shadow into account when sneaking. Also, 4 hours long, and the stuff revealed in this video does not exactly raise my hype level.

Posted by Daneian

I have been pronouncing the word 'chasm' wrong my entire life!

Posted by MiniPato

Ryan didn't seem to like this from the E3 demo. Curious to see if his opinion has changed!

Posted by leejunfan83

Huh?

Posted by Ronald_Raiden

I also enjoyed Dark Messiah.

Also, they made Arx Fatalis, which was rather well received.

Posted by ThatFrood

...tch-asms?

loving what I'm seeing so far, thanks for the quick look patrick and the review.

Edited by mudkip9000

ch-asm ;) I heard it.

Posted by vaportra1l

Wonder if the PC version is good.

Posted by CL60

OMFG PATRICK. I hate how in quick looks he plays, he just walks around doing nothing while he talks. PLAY THE FUCKING GAME.

Posted by Phatmac

Revenge!

Posted by Ronald_Raiden

Also, Ryan's problem with this style of game is kind of... It's kind of the player's fault if they don't try different things.

Edited by bybeach

BAH!!!!!!!! RYAN the Dishonored Hater. Ryan the 'not seeing it' MoFo... BAH!

Well listen to him out, 60.00 for a PC game is a lot. I'm not convinced I am buying this right away, though they probably do have a sale. Good that Pat is there, provides balance.

Actually I'm quite interested, really. Just got games already.

Posted by BeachThunder

@bybeach said:

BAH!!!!!!!! RYAN the Dishonored Hater. Ryan the 'not seeing it' MoFo... BAH!

Well listen to him out, 60.00 for a PC game is a lot. I'm not convinced I am buying this right away, though they probably do have a sale. Good that Pat is there, gprovides balance.

Actually quite interested really, just got games already.

It's $45 on GMG.

Posted by ThePantheon

Fuck yes fuck yes fuck yes fuck yes CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS GAME.

Posted by benspyda

This video will probably be the decider for me.

Posted by thebunnyhunter

Yay midnight quicklooks are the best!

Posted by craves

Who pronounces chasm like that? Is that a legitimate regional thing? Also, really surprised Ryan didn't jump all over that considering his past of berating Will Smith.

Posted by murisan

Uh, can you comment on the PC version, GB crew? Are the shadows any better/different? The shadows from Old Granny were.. just don't do shadows, if they're going to look like that.

Posted by FoolishChaos

Man, Dark Messiah was freaking cool. I don't care what anyone says

Posted by Zacagawea

Game seems cool. Shame that it comes out the same day as XCOM though.

Posted by ZeroV2

Ryan really didn't give a shit about this game at all it seems

I understand not being excited for it, but jesus at least contribute to the QL

Posted by UltimAXE

Mmmm. Susan Sarandon. Forgot that she was in this.

I have not kept up with Dishonored, like, at all, but all that I really needed to know was that it's like Deus Ex. I loved Human Revolution.

Posted by ImmortalSaiyan

@Riboflavin said:

Also, Ryan's problem with this style of game is kind of... It's kind of the player's fault if they don't try different things.

Exactly.

Posted by RetroVirus

This looks so awesome. Can't wait for Tuesday!

Posted by TomA

This game seems really fun, and I want to play it, but the 360 version at least(assuming they're not just using a controller on PC), looks straight up bad. There is like, no textures on anything.

Posted by Colourful_Hippie

To green man gaming I go.

Posted by leejunfan83

I don't see it

Posted by punkxblaze

@FoolishChaos said:

Man, Dark Messiah was freaking cool. I don't care what anyone says

I'm right with you there. Not in my top five games ever, but certainly in my top twenty.