Game Activities and Communities
- Let's Make a Game 2012 - Join the Community Effort to Make a Video Game Over Here!
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Steam ID Multiplayer Posting Thread - Hook-Up With Fellow Users to Play Online Over Here!
Wonderful WikisThe Giant Bomb Community has done a bang up job with the XCOM: Enemy Unknown wiki page continuing the tradtion of the Giant Bomb community honoring Sid Meier games with awesome wiki pages. The same can be said about Pokemon Black/White Version 2...You all sure do like your Pokemon judging from the crazy good wiki page for teh game. The excitement for Dishonored has transcending onto the game's wiki page. Finally if you are even a bit curious about Retro City Rampage check out our wiki page for teh game to see a comprehensive list of all of the modes and filters that are in the game.
Best of BlogsDankempster is back to his usual grind of trying to beat Final Fantasy VII and user Sarumarine discusses his take on the grind that is Resident Evil 6. Hizang bit the bullet and bought a 3DS XL and discusses the trials and tribulations of trying to find a battery charger for it, whereas Phatmac finally bought a DS and talks about his first impressions of the handheld. A lot of users are still playing Borderlands 2 and the other big releases last month like MajorMitch, BitterAlmond, and Alaska_Gamer. RedRocketWestie wrote a blog defending the Kinect as a a poor piece of hardware but not a disappointment. Apocralyptic detailed his adventures in XCOM: Enemy Unknown in the form of a diary while on the flip-side Forderz rationalizes why he enjoys failing at XCOM and struggling with the battles in the game. Video_Game_King took the time to play Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and Moon Crystal whereas user Mento briefly jaunted through Synergistic's Birthright. GB user Mento also provides a very entertaining MS Paint webcomic for your amusement. Gamer_152 implores you and the entire gaming community to stop getting angry at PETA because it is counter-intuitive. Encephalon continues his blog series looking at games he likes that have thing in them that he doesn't like, with the game this time being The World Ends With You. Daneian implores you to check out Double Dragon Neon's soundtrack even if the game doesn't appeal to you and TurboMan has started a gaming marathon blog series that intends to showcase numerous games from Tim Schaffer's adventure game days starting with Full Auto.
- Enduring Final Fantasy VII - Episode Thirty (By: dankemspter)
- Got Myself a 3DS XL, Oh and Two Hours Later a Charging Cable! (By: Hizang)
- Recently Played: Resident Evil 6 (By: Sarumarine)
- The Kinect Lived Up to its Potential Because it Never Had Any (By: RedRocketWestie)
- Diary of an XCOM Soldier (By: Apocralyptic)
- Reaving Souls With my Moon Power, One Vocaloid at a Time (By: Video_Game_King)
- The Comic Commish - October '12 (By: Mento)
- Community Gamenight 8/10/2012 - Night Ops Arma2 (By: Liber)
- Gamers, Stop Helping PETA (By: Gamer_152)
- Failure is Awesome: My XCOM Experience (By: Forderz)
- DogCostume: Borderlands 2, Battlefield 3, Torchlight III, & More (By: BitterAlmond)
- Weekly Roundup 10/07/2012 (By: MajorMitch)
- A Brief Jaunt Through: Synergistic's Birthright (By: Mento)
- Things I Hate in Games I Love, Part 2: TWEWY (By: Encephalon)
- The Dragon Uppercut to Your Girlfriend's Stomach- DDN's OST (By: Daneian)
- THE SCHAFERARATHON #1 : Full Throttle (By: TurboMan)
- [insert title] 10-6-12 (By: Alaska_Gamer)
- My Experience With the DS So Far (By: Phatmac)
Fantastic ForumsChapter 4 of The Walking Dead has come out and if you have played the episode discuss your decisions and their impact on your play through over there. If you plan on going to PAX East 2013 talk about what you are looking forward to and where you are staying in the PAX East 2013 discussion thread. Have there been any notable new video game characters that stuck with you this year? If so talk about them in the thread about the "Best New Character of the Year," and why you feel like they are a great character. Are you having a tough time with XCOM: Enemy Unknown? If so check out the help and hint thread to see if experts can assist with any missions yo are stuck on. Finally if you have been playing Dishonered talk about what your impressions are as well as what you think of the game on the discussion thread about the game.
- Walking Dead Chapter 4 Choices and Ending Discussion Thread (Spoilers!) (By: RecSpec)
- Who's Going to PAX East 2013? (By: Albedo12)
- Best New Character of the Year (By: Demoskinos)
- XCOM Help and Hint Thread (By: spiralcut)
- Dishonored First Impressions (By: mordukai)
Lovable ListsI had to go back to the backlog once again this week but I have some interesting ones at least. KurbiosShoe (man I wish that was my username) has created a list of video game objects he wished he had in his possession. MysertiousBob has created a list of characters that aren't "good" per-say but he still kind of likes one way or another. Finally Giant Bomb user Costello has created a list of all the games he has played that did not have quests or a quest system in them.
- Video Game Stuff I Wish Was Real and I Had the Only One Of (By: KuribosShoe)
- Characters I Love for Abstract Non-Definable Reasons (By: MysteriousBob)
- The Huge and Ridiculous List of Random Games Without a Quest System (By: Costello)
Useful User Reviews
- bigstrat2003's user review of XCOM: Enemy Unknown
- Master_Prophet's user review of Resident Evil 6
- Shack's user review of Resident Evil 6
- Yadilie's user review of Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
- Humanity's user review of Borderlands 2
- Mystyr_E's user review of World of Warcraft: Mists of Panderia
- Beb's user review of Gateways
- thatguy0130's user review of Kirby's Dream Collection
- MURDERSMASH's user review of Dust: An Elysian Tail