325 Comments
Posted by RetroVirus

007 Nightfire for the gamecube was pretty awesome.

Posted by Smokey_Earhole

@Soviet666 said:

I can't get the videos to work lately. It's just the advertisement and then blank, black screen. Sometimes videos on main page work better, sometimes I just have to try million times. Cleared cache and stuff, nothing works :(.

Try subscribing. It'll make chesty chicks leap at your junk, trust!

Posted by EveretteScott

"Strange Occupation". Oh Vinny, yoooou.

Posted by JayCee

LOOOONG Look, amirite?

Posted by Mister_V

wow long QL... this must be good

Edited by paulunga

Come back tomorrow for part 2 of the 007 Legends Endurance Run!

Posted by adamfedoruk

The flags at 56:35! So crazy.

Posted by firecracker22

You know, I'm a huge fan of 007. And I can say that even though Jeff isn't, he certainly sounds like one. Alot of the points he makes in the quicklook are things I feel, and I think most 007 fans, about the misdirection of the license. Jeff's right, they're still chasing down this mythical unicorn that was like lightning in a bottle. Goldeneye 007 was awesome for it's time, but even with it's legendary status...it's still not the best 007 game ever made. I'd easily hand that to Everything Or Nothing, and would even throw Blood Stone in second place. Jeff might not be a big 007 fan, but even he understands that James Bond shooting dudes in the face isn't even half of the appeal of the character.

I would love to see something like Alpha Protocol attempted with the 007 license. It'd be perfect in setting up this concept of playing like any of the 007's, and kinda fitting in a Daniel Craig skill set build, or a Sean Connery skill set build, or Pierce Brosnan, etc.

But, that'd take time. Effort. And just a lot of patience and talented people behind the scenes. And, I don't think Activision is even willing to do that, because a yearly or bi-yearly FPS is probably easy enough for them to crank out and make easy money on the back of the James Bond license. I had hoped that they'd take another crack at making the direction they had started with Blood Stone, to maybe build upon that. But, it just looks like they're not even going to try.

Posted by Death_Burnout

I usually give a big frowney face to people who say stuff like this, but: Jeff and Vinny QL's from here on out. Let's make it happen.

Posted by toots

super grip, kung fu eyes

Posted by MEATBALL

That was a pretty great Quick Look, hooray for Jeff and Vinny. Lost my shit at the melee barking.

Posted by BasketSnake

@Quantical said:

Looks more interesting than Borberblands.

Borberblands is more radical than quantical. Take that you.

Posted by Tha36thchamber

@YukoAsho: @YukoAsho said:

@BurningStickMan said:

@Venatio said:

Dude wow, an hour and 19 minutes of Jeff and Vinny, did not expect that for this QL

No kidding. I was expecting, at max, about 16 minutes of Jeff saying "fuck this, this game is fucking awful, just, fuckin... ugh..."

Instead, we have an hour and 20 of Jeff being dismissive.

It's pretty obvious that the game was dismissed before the Quick Look started. Not that it looks like an amazing game, mind, but it seems a well-constructed FPS with a decent attempt at breaking things up.

I've said this before and it bears repeating - if they don't wanna play a certain game, they shouldn't make themselves do so. I'd rather have no coverage of a game than coverage where the people looking at the game are half-assed about it.

Shame too, because he's spot-on about how little actual spy shit you do in these games. I was hoping for more insight after that, but no, it's just Jeff hating video games as per usual.

What you seem to want is a video review. I like the format of the Quick Look in that it's just a few people playing a game and commenting as they go, instead of a critique of what the game is and isn't doing.

On second thought, maybe an on-the-fly critique is whats happening. Maybe it's just your preference over mine, in which case have what you will, sir.

Posted by ShaggE

I was fully expecting Bond to say "Tango down in Sector Alpha" at one point.

Posted by Wiseblood

I thought Felix was a black guy in the Craig Bonds?

Posted by Sarumarine

I am always interested in the potential of this James Bond movie crossover these games keep trying to capture by making Daniel Craig go through old Bond movies redone with more modern style. But the results never deliver. Hopefully it would involve more than shooting dudes, but whatever.

Great commentary with Jeff and Vinny though.

Edited by WJist

There may not be gold in Fort Knox, but there's certainly gold in this Quick Look! (Not really.) Man, those COD objective markers appearing in shooter games kinda bum me out :(

Also, on the subject of spy games, whatever happened to the Syphon Filter franchise? I feel like the PS1-PS2 era Bond games were aping that more than chasing the dragon of Goldeneye.

Edited by zaglis

WAIT. There is a no-pussyregen-health mode? I am suddenly very interested in this game.

Also, how Jeff picks regen health but then snarks about how the game defaults to easy mode - that was really fucking low, man.

Posted by budgietheii

They knew they couldn't render the splendour of all that gold so had to cut the lights.

Posted by djames216

@Soviet666 said:

I can't get the videos to work lately. It's just the advertisement and then blank, black screen. Sometimes videos on main page work better, sometimes I just have to try million times. Cleared cache and stuff, nothing works :(.

Have you tried this? It's a post I made to do with problems using ustream or justin.tv. It may also work for you as it deals directly with settings for Flash Player which the Giant Bomb Player also uses.

Edited by ChosenOne

I click play, look down to see 0:00 / 1:19:21 and my day instantly gets a hell of a lot better.

Posted by Quantical

Looks more interesting than Borberblands.

Posted by YukoAsho

@BurningStickMan said:

@Venatio said:

Dude wow, an hour and 19 minutes of Jeff and Vinny, did not expect that for this QL

No kidding. I was expecting, at max, about 16 minutes of Jeff saying "fuck this, this game is fucking awful, just, fuckin... ugh..."

Instead, we have an hour and 20 of Jeff being dismissive.

It's pretty obvious that the game was dismissed before the Quick Look started. Not that it looks like an amazing game, mind, but it seems a well-constructed FPS with a decent attempt at breaking things up.

I've said this before and it bears repeating - if they don't wanna play a certain game, they shouldn't make themselves do so. I'd rather have no coverage of a game than coverage where the people looking at the game are half-assed about it.

Shame too, because he's spot-on about how little actual spy shit you do in these games. I was hoping for more insight after that, but no, it's just Jeff hating video games as per usual.

Posted by Scribbly

Glad to see some people share my love for Everything or Nothing... All my friends hate that game.

Posted by NeoGamer

Everything or Nothing was a damn good game.

Posted by Unequivocable

I never realized Vinny was a grizzled 1890s prospector.

"Gold! Gold! I need to see the Gold!"

*does a merry jig*

Posted by Sogeman

First gameplay, tell me you wouldn't mistake that shit for a COD game... )/)&()/&(=/&)?/

Posted by AWalczak08

I am so glad that Jeff mentioned Everything or Nothing. I think it's the best Bond game outside of Goldeneye, and it actually stands up pretty well even today. I would love to see them go back to doing a game in that style.

Posted by Getz

Way up in the tree, he look like a leprechaun to me.

Edited by Spike_Kojima

I was with this game till they were mass producing Harrier jump jets in the same timeline as smart phones . The last Harrier was produced in 2003... but these guys are evil bad guy types so they may have stolen the Harrier blueprints from McDonnell Douglas or British Aerospace . Or it may not even be a Harrier per se , it may be a Hawker p.1127 or Hawker Siddeley Kestrel fga1 . Boy , has this game got some s'plaining to do.

Posted by Haze

Damn it they should have just gone with the original eras and likenesses of the original actors, give the James Bond is an amnesiac Time Lord theorists something to chew on.

Posted by lumberingjackal

It appears Mr. Bond is attempting reentry.

Posted by mikbal

green gold?

Posted by Jimbo_N

Vinny and Jeff Quick Looks that is over an hour is good enough video content to be premium content. Without a doubt the only duo you can watch for that amount of time without ever loosing interest.

Posted by Zaccheus

I had to blink a few times to believe the timecode. Epic QL.

Posted by budgietheii

No Mr Bond, I expect you to listen to my awful Goldfinger impression.

Was that really the best reading they could get of that line?

Posted by Putemonsteret

Actually, a proper James Bond game should be made in the style of Mass Effect.

Posted by Catarrhal

"Pussy! Who taught you judo?"

No way that Daniel Craig could deliver that line like Connery did…

Posted by Tha36thchamber

I will say this for the game, it has really great bad guy movie deaths. Watch how they die when they get shot.

Posted by thatdutchguy

amazing quick looks this week.

Posted by rebgav

Alpha Protocol is still the best Bond game.

Posted by firecracker22

@MediumDave: Greatest James Bond game ever made.

Posted by jesterroyal

Wow.. That was long.

Posted by Abendlaender

The modern Bond movies really aren't about gadgets (and fun if you ask me), more a good but generic action movie. So I guess a generic game is a perfect fit.

Edited by fox01313

Something about a melee kill in this where you give them the old left/right combo, guess that the assault rifle you were holding is floating or tossed up in the air for a second to pull off that move. As a fan of the earlier Bond films before the remake with Daniel Craig this just doesn't quite work for me compared to some of the other Bond games in how it's more of a mixup of other Bond things into a new game since they couldn't just make a game based on the new movie coming out.

Between the lack of subtitles & Vinny's plan of a Grand Slam is just making this a fun QL to enjoy compared to playing the game.

Posted by das9000

Why was bonds car parked right outside of goldfingers complex? Also, just tell Vinny there will be gold at the end and you'll have yourself the next endurance run.

Posted by Animasta

strange occupation is my favorite bond character

Posted by DukesT3

Larry Bond is the best Bond imho.

Posted by MEATBALL

An hour and 20 minutes!? Awesome (provided it's not boring, of course, but I always love me some looongform Giant Bomb content.)

Posted by BurningStickMan

@Venatio said: