I'm in the market for a new laptop. My old 2005 Windows XP (Media Edition) PC is dying out (boot sectors errors). I'm always hearing of building a desktop PC but can the same be done for a laptop?
My other option is to look at buying a Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 Laptop - 20994MU for $849.00. This PC will be for video editing, gaming (Steam), and live video streaming (Justin.tv, Twitch.tv). The specs look pretty good:
- 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor( 2.40GHz 6MB)
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX660M 2GB
- 8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz
- 15.6" HD Glare with integrated camera 1366x768
- Industry Standard Multi-touch 2 button touchpad
- 1TB 5400 rpm
- DVD Recordable (Dual Layer)
- 6 Cell Li-Polymer
- Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200BGN
- One year Warranty
- HD Camera
- HDMI (Out)
Would this be a good buy or would you recommend building my own laptop or looking a different model/brand?
Thanks in advance for your help!