66 Comments
  • 66 results
Posted by brett990

that would be awesome

Posted by MetalMoog

Hitler will be played by Lars Von Trier.

Posted by lazerbot

I wonder if the Germans will force the studio to change Mecha Hitler into something else like they did for Wolfenstine on the Super Nintendo.

Posted by BroodLord

Next up: Mecha Hitler vs Mothra

Posted by teh_destroyer

I want Jason Statham in this movie.

Posted by Slither_Maggot

@MonkeysDad: LOL! My first thought too actually.

Posted by ElvishPresley

He's been attached to this since 2007. I was really shocked to read this article because the last I heard of him he had been arrested for drunkenly killing his passenger in a car crash. Wikipedia says he spent less than a year in jail....which is kind of crazy. But, yeah. Mecha Hitler's cool, I guess.

Posted by metalemily

I would love to of heard the pitch for this movie

Posted by banishedsoul1

that would be epic

Posted by SinKing

A Wolfenstein themed movie is a great way to bring together some over thetop characters and create basically what would be a video game on steroids. That guy who made Watchmen should have a hand in the directing, Zak Snyder, was it?

This is gonna be one pointless movie and we all know the ending "Oh Eva, mein Leben!" - Hitler dies. I just hope kids in ten years will still understand this is a complete work of fiction. Or else the history books get rewritten.

Posted by Vao

mecha hitler already has a movie...

Edited by vinsanityv22

Wolfenstein has a GREAT premise for a fun action romp, and the way they describe it - Captain America meets Inglorious Basterds - is pretty much an awesome tone to try to hit. I just hope that that's all they take from it; the premise, and the name of the main character. Build a great action movie from there. THAT'S what an "adaptation" is about. Make it your own, and make it good. That's what game movies to date haven't done very well... unless you count Wreck It Ralph. Despite not being based on anything specifically, it's apparently fantastic and it's about video games so I'll take it.

I hope Wreck It Ralph inspires Sony Pictures Animation to make some Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper or Jak & Daxter movies.

Posted by StevetheRadroach

"Hopefully" Being the key word.

Posted by Nightfang
Posted by Timnoldzim

Well, Roger Avary's proven his talent before, and Silent Hill was pretty good IMO. So hopefully this will actually move forward.

Posted by prestonhedges

Well, I stand corrected.

Posted by MjHealy

I think I may know what the sequel may be called...

Posted by Phished0ne

I liked the first silent hill, not sold on a movie adaptation of Wolf though...

Posted by Stubee

In a world where the Halo, Bioshock and Gears of War films never saw the light of day, i seriously doubt this one will.

Posted by Grilledcheez

Hopefully it actually comes out some day

Posted by fisk0

@Alex said:

Sorry guys, I think I got a little carried away with the headline title there. Changed it to make it less definitive, since we don't actually know if Mecha Hitler will be in the movie. Crossing my fingers, obviously.

It could be based on the two original Castle Wolfenstein adventure games, which I don't think had any mechs. But, yes, Mecha Hitler really should be in the movie.

Posted by Delta_Ass

Roger Avary... also known as that drunk driver who killed someone.

Edited by OneKillWonder_

I don't understand how any of this is really new, unless there has been some recent development in the production. Roger Avery was talking about this movie like 6 or 7 years ago. But then, ya know, he went to jail before any of it could get off the ground. I can't seem to find any info that this film is actually back on track.

Anyway, I really do want to see this made, and with Adam Baldwin as BJ Blazkowicz!

Posted by Overbite

fuck hitler

Posted by Alex

Sorry guys, I think I got a little carried away with the headline title there. Changed it to make it less definitive, since we don't actually know if Mecha Hitler will be in the movie. Crossing my fingers, obviously.

Staff
Posted by CornBREDX

Its one of those games that should be easy to not fuck up an adaptation for, but knowing Hollywood they'll do something stupid. Although to be fair, despite some people's disdain for it, the first Silent Hill film is one of the better adaptations of a game to film (in my opinion of course- oh and i haven't seen the sequel, and I'm not speaking for that one) so who knows.  
Maybe they'll do alright by it. Hopefully it's better then the Silent Hill film (which I still have problems with despite my previous statement and despite the fact that I still like it).

Posted by Bourbon_Warrior

Sequel to Inglorious Bastards

Edited by Lazyaza

Article title a bit misleading there Mr Navarro. Mecha Hitler needs to be confirmed for this movie to be worth anyone's attention whatsoever and until he is confirmed my interest like with all game movies remains at zero.

Posted by tourgen

Alright, well why not I guess

Posted by Juda

Not a mis-leading article headline whatsoever.

Nope. Not at all.

Posted by mnzy

Wait...I thought this was based off the original Castle Wolfenstein, not Return to Castle Wolfenstein!?

Posted by Sackmanjones

If try don't take it too seriously, I'm totally in for this movie. But as of right now the video game movies with the most potential are deus ex and assassins creed.

Mk by default will be awesome

Edited by nERVEcenter

Holy shit, this sounds so awesome in concept. Creepy paranormal occult experiments by the Nazis in big-screen form? There won't have been anything quite like it, and I hope they handle it well. With two protagonists, they have a chance to do something really special, and I hope they don't cheese it up with referential jabs and pandering.

Do what Return to Castle Wolfenstein was trying to do: Actually make a really creepy action-horror movie about two agents pressed for their lives in a crazy world of paranormal experimentation.

Posted by OldGuy

I'll be waiting for the scene where one of the heroes is almost dead and has to drink some blood off the floor to get enough strength to make it to the next medkit (which must have a big red cross on it)...

Edited by GarethJ

If its Mecha-Hitler you're after, then here you go: 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2130142/- Nazis at the Center of the Earth (2012)

If you watch it, be prepared for plenty of B-Movie gore!
Posted by falling_fast

oh man, what if this movie actually looked like Wolfenstein 3d

Posted by Cybexx

That synopsis pretty much sounds like Wolfenstein if Wolfenstein was a co-op game. So that is something I guess, gives it a step up on other failed video game movies like Crazy Taxi and Asteroids.

Posted by Shaanyboi

How to do it right? A crazy beyond Inglorious Bastards.

How to do it wrong? ...well... almost any other way.

Posted by AjayRaz

i hope everybody in the movie double jumps like in enemy territory

Posted by Phatmac

MECHA FURHER!

Posted by csl316

Can't wait for the new generation of Hitler rant videos that this will inevitably spawn.

Posted by buft

you know when i saw abraham lincoln vampire hunter i was sceptical but it was entertaining enough, i'm imagining a similar level of absurdity and entertainment from this one too.

Posted by Mikular

I'm into this. Any man who even glanced at someone partially responsible for Pulp Fiction has my eternal respect.

Posted by believer258

I hope and pray that this movie does not take itself seriously. Barring that, I hope it takes itself extremely seriously but still has Mecha-Hitler in it.

Posted by EuanDewar

Roger Avary is great cause he directed Rules of Attraction and Rules of Attraction is great because Theresa Wayman.

It all leads back to Warpaint.

Posted by prestonhedges
Only two questions need be answered, really. Is Hitler in it? And is Hitler a mech?

Why bother speculating? You've officially confirmed Mecha Hitler in the title of your article.

Posted by chilipeppersman

yay

Posted by Nill

I won't be satisfied unless the main character spends the whole movie humping walls searching for hidden bling.

Posted by BlackLagoon

Obviously Hitler will be getting a genetically engineered mutant body instead of a mecha...

Posted by GorillaMoPena

Hot off Iron Sky and Nazi's coming from the moon is the perfect time for Mecha Hitler.

• 66 results