231 Comments
Edited by CJduke

God the music! So good!

Also, this is one of the best quick looks in a while vinny yelling quotes from the movie and then purposely falling to their deaths was some of the funniest quick look moments this year

Edited by White

Is it just me, or is the audio missing from the HD feed?

EDIT: Okay whew it's not just me. I thought I went deaf or something. Selectively.

Posted by Mezmero

Oh god! Why is this the only video on the site that I'm not getting any sound? Can't watch it unless it gets fixed. :(

Posted by flasaltine

Posted by LegendaryChopChop

Oh, these games.

Posted by TheJohn

Dagnabbit, I'm gonna have to buy me one of those LEGO games now, don't I?

Posted by Zurv

no audio... html5 HD

Edited by beepmachine

Love the mix of the lego look and the more atmospheric backgrounds. Also, still my favourite score of all time. And some great jokes thrown in there too.

Does anyone know why they had to stop filming after a certain amount of time?

Posted by budgietheii

What a fantastic quick look.

Posted by rmanthorp

Ughh! Don't make me go back to streaming. I hate the player.

Posted by Knights

Watching this with crazy stuttering sound, from the comments it appears it's the 720p version I thought my computers sound card was messed up. The game looks great and it has that fun factor of playing it with friends. These lego games seem to be getting better every release.

Posted by xite

@ZeForgotten said:

@wifeofgob said:

Matrix reference at 29:37?

Nope, just a line from the movie.
"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson" is a thing though. So someone has made the reference, just in song form

If you look closely there's an agent in the background.

Posted by HedinnWeis

Is there even sound on this!?

Posted by RetroVirus

I've got no audio on this, using HTML5 on Chrome.

Posted by Jedted

I wonder how many dumb jokes they have regarding Legolas' name.

Posted by AlmostSwedish

No sound, neither here or on youtibe. Chrome

Posted by Gunslinger0130

Time for a do over.

Posted by Iron_Tool

No sound!!!

Posted by hussatron

Great quick look. I guess it's time to rewatch the trilogy. I didn't get half the references they were making.

Posted by Soniking

No sound in any resolution using youtube on site or off.

Edited by MoonwalkSA

Not getting any sound at all in HD using the on-site player. :(

Edited by ProfessorEss

@Soniking said:

No sound in any resolution using youtube on site or off.

I'm getting sound on the 540 version.

(EDIT: sorry, read your comment wrong)

Posted by ProfessorEss

I look forward to playing this in about 2 years after I complete Star Wars III, Indiana Jones 2, Pirates of the Caribbean, Harry Potter: Years 5-7 and Batman 2.

...hopefully by then Lego City will have been ported to some other systems and added to my list as well.

Posted by Acoustic

Another quicklook just entered the Hall of Fame of Quick-Looks. Fenomenal.

Posted by Darkraven

A wizard is never late, Frodo Bagins... nor is he early... he arrives precisely when he means to!

Posted by Red12b

Well.... I guess they really didn't want those lego's talking.............

No sound for me

Posted by ikusaba

Being a fan of the most recent lego games, I'm having a panic attack every time they purposely die or miss studs. STUDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Funzzo

Where is the sound?

Posted by redbliss

So I am guessing I am the only one who doesnt get any audio for this video, right? If so, I hate my computer.

Posted by ch3burashka

Should LEGO's talk?

Posted by Hockeymask27

720 p has no sound

Posted by ManiacMaysin

I can't stop laughing.

Posted by Tsuchikage

As many others have pointed out, the 720p version of this video--as of the time of this comment--doesn't have sound.

I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan. As to Aragorn/Strider throwing the torch at a cloaked Nazgul and it sticking--I think the scene was meant to show that there is some corporeal being beneath the hood and cloak.

Posted by Mr_Skeleton

BEST EASTER EGG EVER

Posted by SpunkyHePanda

It's actually "Fhluyrh, you fools!"

Posted by Mezmero

Watched the lower quality instead. Another great video guys! I do enjoy the LOTR movies though the last one was pretty hard to watch at times. The music is what gets me every time. Making a Lego game seems to fit this franchise quite nicely. I think the Ringwraiths have gravity wells instead of faces so that's why the torch got stuck when Aragorn threw it. I'm not sure what the rest of the cast is doing but I found out only recently that Sean Astin is doing the voice for Raphael in the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon. It's pretty awesome.

Posted by BradBrains

quick if we all say there is no sound on the HQ version they will fix it quicker!

Posted by Crono11

One of the best quick looks in awhile.

Posted by spiceninja

@Mr_Skeleton said:

BEST EASTER EGG EVER

Holy shit that is amazing.

Edited by murisan

The sound is super fucked in the streaming video and completely nonexistant on youtube.

Details: a lot of clipping, sounds like it was recorded with a broken mic or underwater.

Posted by mak_wikus

After reading these comments the fix can't come soon enough!

Posted by Deathpooky

Having this with the actual sound makes me just want them to recreate the entire movie in lego form. The levels, puzzles, studs and gameplay? Meh. But the cutscenes are great for people who know the movies and I even got annoyed anytime anything was missing.

Posted by drewbert

@Alexandru: @Didion: @Haze: @BionicIguana: @Saften: @eL_FinGO: @Katkillad: @MuderPickle: @Gelf513: @SeanFoster: @insane_shadowblade85: @Frootsnax: @Wraxend: @baldgye: @Canteu: @nohthink: @Krafty: @Demoskinos: @ILikePopCans: @OriginalHB504: @Village_Guy: @adam1808: @DSale: @PurpleSpandex: @Metal_Mills: @mak_wikus: @Wes899: @Rodent: @Brinty: @ZeForgotten: @BasketSnake: @SirOptimusPrime: @OleMarthin: @White: @Mezmero: @Flacracker: @Zurv: @Knights: @HedinnWeis: @RetroVirus: @AlmostSwedish: @Iron_Tool: @Soniking: @MoonwalkSA: @Red12b: @Funzzo: @redbliss: @Hockeymask27: @Tsuchikage: @Darkstalker: @mak_wikus:

Try it now! The GB player should work. I'm still working on a fix for the YouTube version.

Posted by PimblyCharles

@drewbert said:

@Alexandru: @Didion: @Haze: @BionicIguana: @Saften: @eL_FinGO: @Katkillad: @MuderPickle: @Gelf513: @SeanFoster: @insane_shadowblade85: @Frootsnax: @Wraxend: @baldgye: @Canteu: @nohthink: @Krafty: @Demoskinos: @ILikePopCans: @OriginalHB504: @Village_Guy: @adam1808: @DSale: @PurpleSpandex: @Metal_Mills: @mak_wikus: @Wes899: @Rodent: @Brinty: @ZeForgotten: @BasketSnake: @SirOptimusPrime: @OleMarthin: @White: @Mezmero: @Flacracker: @Zurv: @Knights: @HedinnWeis: @RetroVirus: @AlmostSwedish: @Iron_Tool: @Soniking: @MoonwalkSA: @Red12b: @Funzzo: @redbliss: @Hockeymask27: @Tsuchikage: @Darkstalker: @mak_wikus:

Try it now! The GB player should work. I'm still working on a fix for the YouTube version.

Thanks Drew!

Edited by Gizmo
Posted by mak_wikus

@PimblyCharles said:

@drewbert said:

Thanks Drew!

What he said! Woo, audio!

Posted by CrossTheAtlantic

@Didion said:

And now I have to listen to the LOTR soundtrack for the rest of the day, THANKS A LOT, VINNY AND BRAD!

The soundtrack for LotR is the worst. Anytime I hear one of the major leitmotifs, I know I'm going to end up watching it before the end of the week.

Posted by galloughs

sound is cutting in and out at what seems like random intervals for me

Posted by Curufinwe

@Mr_Skeleton: Who is that?

Posted by SoloSkywalker

I can't get any video to play at all.