272 Comments
Posted by Skanker

@pyromagnestir said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@Skanker said:

@fisk0 said:

Patrick's washing machine comment intrigued me, where do Americans keep their washing machines if not in the bathroom? I mean, if you live in an apartment and thus don't have a basement? In the Kitchen? Living room? Bathroom seems pretty logical to me, and all apartments in Sweden tend to have one of those huge electrical outlets for washing machines in the bathroom wall.

Laundry rooms.

Why waste a whole room for a washing machine?

I think he's referring to most apartment buildings having a laundry room full of machines for all the tenants to use, thus individual apartments don't need one, usually.

Nope, talking about laundry rooms in a house. There is one in my house. It's not for a single washing machine, but also a dryer, space to iron and cupboards to store whatever junk.

Edited by beard_of_zeus

@pyromagnestir said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@Skanker said:

@fisk0 said:

Patrick's washing machine comment intrigued me, where do Americans keep their washing machines if not in the bathroom? I mean, if you live in an apartment and thus don't have a basement? In the Kitchen? Living room? Bathroom seems pretty logical to me, and all apartments in Sweden tend to have one of those huge electrical outlets for washing machines in the bathroom wall.

Laundry rooms.

I think he's referring to most apartment buildings having a laundry room full of machines for all the tenants to use, thus individual apartments don't need one, usually.

Actually, my last apartment did have a room just for my own personal washer and dryer (and all the apartments in the complex were the same way, one washer/dryer room per residence). But, the place I'm in now is the situation you mentioned, where there is a room full of washers/dryers for everyone to use. So I've seen it both ways, although admittedly, having the communal room is more common in my experience.

Edited by glitznglam_style

Not bothered by the clipping one bit. While it's silly and would help enhance the atmosphere if it weren't there, this game still looks neat, and I love the dance music.

Posted by TzarStefan

Washing machine in the bathroom is common in Europe almost standard.

Posted by Max015

Anyone else notice Patrick's confusion about his "shotgun" which was actually a rifle?

Not meant to be mean just thought it was pretty funny.

Posted by Hailinel

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@Skanker said:

@fisk0 said:

Laundry rooms.

They're commonplace in the U.S. The house I grew up in had a laundry room; space for the washer, the dryer, and a table for folding. There was even a laundry chute connected to one of the upstairs bathrooms.

Posted by McGhee

This looks pretty damn cool, actually.

Posted by EPGPX

My front loading washer and dryer are in my bathroom and I'm a Bostonian. It's not uncommon.

Posted by briktal

The U in the logo kinda looks like a W.

Posted by Jonny_Anonymous

Spookin with Scoops?

Posted by TehJedicake

Okay this is really really sweet.

Posted by prestonhedges

*sigh* Do something!

Posted by cannedstingray

Patrick, your "shotgun" is a bolt action rifle.

m4 carbine I think

which is why it has no spread and you were missing with it

Posted by laserbolts

I like how these comments are mostly about "you put your laundry machine here? My country is better!". So fucking dumb. Anyways this game actually looks surprisingly good. If I do end up getting a WiiU I'll be picking this up. I like the dark souls stuff. Leaving messages with spray cans sounds pretty awesome to me.

Posted by tyxja

I am now 775 million times more interested in this game.

Posted by tourgen

@MordeaniisChaos: to be fair, I've seen many many people at the range who can't hit shit at 25 even after practice. yeah I know. and some are walking around with concealed carry permits.

Posted by Ghost_Cat

I generally don't mind the staff ignoring stuff on the screen, but when the gun you are holding clearly doesn't look like a shotgun, doesn't reload like a shotgun, and labeled as "Carbine", I just don't know what to say.

Posted by mrpandaman

@Hailinel said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@Skanker said:

@fisk0 said:

Laundry rooms.

They're commonplace in the U.S. The house I grew up in had a laundry room; space for the washer, the dryer, and a table for folding. There was even a laundry chute connected to one of the upstairs bathrooms.

Or if you live in an apartment, at least every apartment complex I've lived in has floor with a room full of washing and drying machines for the whole building to use.

Posted by retsub101

Was so afraid this was going to be another Red Steel. Glad to see otherwise.

Posted by steelknight2000
@mrpandaman said:

@Hailinel said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@Skanker said:

@fisk0 said:

Laundry rooms.

Or if you live in an apartment, at least every apartment complex I've lived in has floor with a room full of washing and drying machines for the whole building to use.

A good portion of apartments, particularly pre-war ones, in New York City don't have laundry facilities so you have to go outside and use a laundromat.
Posted by leebmx

My washing machine is in the drawing room.

Posted by betterinsodapop

"Blood toilet, what happened here?"

Chipotle, my man, Chipotle.

Posted by ballsnbayonets

thats not a shotgun patrick!

Edited by Bollard

Sensitivity is frustratingly slow, this human drives like a tank.

EDIT: Also looks like the numbers are upside down in the pentogram.

Posted by Kyizen

Looks pretty boring, I'd give it a 4.5/10

Posted by Roomrunner

Why do game journos find it impossible to say the word "risk" without immediately following it up with "reward"?

Posted by Baggykins

Looks pretty alright, FOV seems tiny though

Posted by Dagbiker

Americas next war will be with Europe, because you heathens do your laundry in your bathroom.

Posted by Hef

@Roomrunner: It's kind of a mixed bag.

Posted by PandaShake

Really nice lighting

Posted by ChrisTaran

@pyromagnestir said:

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@Skanker said:

@fisk0 said:

Laundry rooms.

I have never seen or heard of a washer and dryer being in a bathroom. In my part of the US they are exclusively in laundry rooms, kitchens, or patrys.

Posted by Bollard

@NTM said:

@Ares42 said:

Yes Patrick, people put washing machines in their bathrooms. I'm guessing it's less common in America as laundromats are more of a thing over there, perhaps ? If you live in a building without a basement, where else would you put it ?

We have laundromats, but that's usually for people that don't currently have working washing machines. Washing machines I believe are often connected to the kitchen, at least mine is, and I've seen many others' as well.

@NTM said:

@Ares42 said:

Yes Patrick, people put washing machines in their bathrooms. I'm guessing it's less common in America as laundromats are more of a thing over there, perhaps ? If you live in a building without a basement, where else would you put it ?

We have laundromats, but that's usually for people that don't currently have working washing machines. Washing machines I believe are often connected to the kitchen, at least mine is, and I've seen many others' as well.

Is it? My washing machine (and everyone I know in the UK) is in a room near the kitchen (a utility room), or the garage or something. Never, ever heard of someone having one in a bathroom.

Posted by Clonedzero

this game seems really neat. in a perfect world where i was rich and could afford a WiiU at the moment, this is probably the game i'd want to play right now. looks really cool.

Posted by Bollard

Also, ginormous facepalm for Patrick thinking a rifle is a shotgun for the entire video >.> That spread ain't gunna do you shit.

Posted by Fluttercry

I like Patrick, and I usually respect his opinion, but this game doesn't look super great.

Posted by pyromagnestir

@ChrisTaran: In the kitchen? What part of the US is this? I've only ever lived in homes that had washing machines in the bathrooms,(my parents current house has a large pantry type space for machines in the downstairs bathroom) I've seen plenty of homes that had laundry rooms, and I've also seen laundry machines in the garage on tv shows and stuff, but never heard of this having laundry in the kitchen nonsense...

Posted by MormonWarrior

I've only seen a washing machine in a bathroom in my summer apartment. It was student housing and awfully cramped...but it was in there. None of my other student apartments have had washing machines, just on-site coin operated laundromats.

Posted by Ulong

I will never play this game as I wont be getting a wiiu, but this game looks really cool. I like games with really tight resource conservation, and the demons' souls esq elements are pretty neat too,

Posted by dr_mantas

One of my silly little criteria - if you make a tough, unforgiving game - it has to be flawless. Technical bugs make me NOT want to try and play something as stressful as this.

Posted by crusader8463

I can't wait for ZombiU2 where you have to kill the zombified band of U2.

Posted by MordeaniisChaos

@eccentrix said:

I think it's fun to feel weak and overwhelmed in games like this. Doing the best you can and just about struggling to survive for not much longer.

Shooting zambies in Bucking-ham Palace looks fun enough, but it's not a system seller for me.

Nothing is less enjoyable than a game that feels like shit. But hey, you'd love Deadly Premonition's combat if that's how you feel. You can make a character feel overwhelmed without making the player deal with shitty controls.

Posted by pigmartyr

fuck. Why does this have to look cool.

Posted by avantegardener

This looks pretty damn tense.

Posted by ShaggE

@development said:

Graphics like the first Condemned, seems boring, controls like butt, and it's entirely uninventive. Patrick's making far too many excuses for the game simply because it's "horror."

Or because he likes the game? What evidence is there that he only likes it because it's a horror game?

Posted by ChrisTaran

@pyromagnestir: I'm in Pennsylvania. My Washer and Dryer are both in the Kitchen as is many of my friends and family with smaller homes.

Posted by thebigJ_A

I was ready to blow this off, but then Patrick said "Dark Souls".

Still, not enough to warrant a console purchase, especially being a PC gamer.

Posted by honkyjesus

Looks like Kinect shovelware imo.

Edited by Dan_CiTi

Man Demon's Souls was so much more fun than Dark Souls.  

Anyway this looks pretty awesome, when I get this system I might grab it.  

Also Washer/Dryers are in the fucking basement, what the fuck is wrong with you people. Why would it be in the place where you make food/eat food, or where you piss or take a shower. That seems ridiculous to me. 

Posted by Zecks23

24:40 is just absolutely great!

Posted by Arx724

So, what (other than loading times) is stopping you from suicide rushing forward with your pistol every time? Game looks pretty neat overall. "Look at your other screen!" messages are pretty silly, though.

Also, washing machines and dryers being in bathrooms is pretty common here (Belgium).