255 Comments
Posted by Sneeze

Wow reading these comments make me think IO had no chance of ever making people happy. Not sure why people so desperately wants to hate it without having tried it.

Posted by Vod_Crack

@Sneeze: This isn't true. I've nearly finished the game.

Edited by RoyCampbell

No Jesper Kyd; quick time events; checkpoint doors you can't go back through; dropped items disappear; respawning enemies; no weapon upgrades/customization; can't manually save (to experiment, etc.)...

Another series ruined by being marketed as a AAA title. The pedigree previous iterations set for this series relating to how open a level was to the choices in assassination puts this sham of a Hitman title to shame.

Posted by KaneRobot

Was not expecting anyone to ask if he took his shirt off in this game.

Posted by paulunga

Love Vinny's reaction to the graphics: "It's okay?". Yeah, if you've played games like The Witcher 2, Arkham City, Shogun 2 or Dishonored on PC you really stop being impressed by any of those console Quick Looks.

Posted by defcomm

"this seems just a little bit racist" haha yeah kinda

Posted by ajamafalous

Thumbnail looks like Hard Reset.

Posted by DeviTiffany

@Sneeze:

Because this is the internet where every video game made before 2005/2006 was made with love and care and was absolutely perfect, while games made today are only made by souless machines who only want to make money.

Posted by RoyCampbell
@DeviTiffany said:

@Sneeze:

Because this is the internet where every video game made before 2005/2006 was made with love and care and was absolutely perfect, while games made today are only made by souless machines who only want to make money.

Certainly doesn't go without merit.
Edited by murisan

God DAMN I love this site. "Does he take his shirt off in this?" "YEAH!"

SAY CEEGEE AGAIN, MOTHAFUCKA

Posted by The_Ruiner

@MonkfishEsq said:

Looks boring as shit. What's the point of the game if there's a button that just shows you all the people and items through the walls.

...you mean Batman?

Posted by ZeForgotten
@Sneeze said:

Wow reading these comments make me think IO had no chance of ever making people happy. Not sure why people so desperately wants to hate it without having tried it.

It's the internet. 
and also the Easy and Normal mode kind messes up the game a little.  
Now Purist is the way to go to make the game a Hitman game, no hints, no nothing, just yourself and a Crosshair and your mission briefing (and your weapons, duh) good times. As a big fan of the Hitman franchise, there's nothing wrong with this game at all to me. But maybe that's because I played through Hitman 1, 2 and Blood Money right before getting my hands on Absolution and I actually can see how minor the changes are instead of being tricked by these rose-tinted glasses that everyone else seems to be wearing
Posted by DaSmart1

@onarum: First thing I noticed is "I heard". Play the game before you completely condemn it based only on what you heard from over-exagerating fanboys. That seriously happens like, twice in the whole game.

Posted by heatDrive88

@Abendlaender said:

@heatDrive88:

So....they are right is what you are saying? Conviction was a good game, but failed misserably as a Splinter Cell Title. Still, a good game (I guess, I hated it cause I expected Splinter Cell)

I never made it a matter of being "right or wrong". I made it a matter of people complaining because of rose-tinted nostalgia for a bygone era of Hitman games, where the game mechanics of future Hitman games were not allowed to mature or evolve to a modern context as a result.

Posted by RoyCampbell
@ZeForgotten said:
@Sneeze said:

It's the internet. and also the Easy and Normal mode kind messes up the game a little.  Now Purist is the way to go to make the game a Hitman game, no hints, no nothing, just yourself and a Crosshair and your mission briefing (and your weapons, duh) good times. As a big fan of the Hitman franchise, there's nothing wrong with this game at all to me. But maybe that's because I played through Hitman 1, 2 and Blood Money right before getting my hands on Absolution and I actually can see how minor the changes are instead of being tricked by these rose-tinted glasses that everyone else seems to be wearing
Hah, what the fuck. This "rose-tinted" buzzword couldn't get any dumber. So anything that is well regarded but not modern is all of a sudden prone to be incorrectly perceived as better than it was? That's going by your logic.

pls, give me more flavor of the month buzzwords.
Posted by ZeForgotten
@RoyCampbell said:
@ZeForgotten said:
@Sneeze said:

It's the internet. and also the Easy and Normal mode kind messes up the game a little.  Now Purist is the way to go to make the game a Hitman game, no hints, no nothing, just yourself and a Crosshair and your mission briefing (and your weapons, duh) good times. As a big fan of the Hitman franchise, there's nothing wrong with this game at all to me. But maybe that's because I played through Hitman 1, 2 and Blood Money right before getting my hands on Absolution and I actually can see how minor the changes are instead of being tricked by these rose-tinted glasses that everyone else seems to be wearing
Hah, what the fuck. This "rose-tinted" buzzword couldn't get any dumber. So anything that is well regarded but not modern is all of a sudden prone to be incorrectly perceived as better than it was? That's going by your logic.  pls, give me more flavor of the month buzzwords.
Calm your tits, if you took it personally I must've hit a nerve or something. 
I'm just sick and tired of people bitching and moaning like a little kid who had a visit from a drunk uncle in the middle of the night just because "omg, it's a new game in a series that is old!" If you have any valid reason for not liking it, that's fine, but most of these comments here and everywhere else, don't. But no matter what lala-land they live in, this is not a bad game. 
Posted by Ravelle

@bunkerbuster05 said:

I can't tell you how happy I am another Hitman is out. And after this, I have Dishonored to look forward to for another stealthy game!

You are the master of patience, I always loose it and blow it haha

Posted by Knite

Oh Brad...

Posted by PhilESkyline

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why it's so difficult to talk about a game and actually play it at the same time. There's a lot of detail explanation and wandering around back and forth, I think we understand enough of the game. Save the detailing for the review.

Posted by Brad

@Knite said:

Oh Brad...

yes?

Staff
Posted by Rodent

Very nice QL there guys.

I've never actually played a Hitman game before but thanks to this QL and a quick check to see if my PC can (I) run it(?) ...it can...I'm looking forward to trying this game out.

BTW Brad and Vinny, you are both horrible individuals for head shooting/blowing that crowd up...and that's why I love you guys and this site!

Thanks!

Posted by Sneeze

@ZeForgotten said:

I'm just sick and tired of people bitching and moaning like a little kid who had a visit from a drunk uncle in the middle of the night

O_o

Posted by onarum
@DaSmart1 said:

@onarum: First thing I noticed is "I heard". Play the game before you completely condemn it based only on what you heard from over-exagerating fanboys. That seriously happens like, twice in the whole game.

well at least I'm being honest about it, yes I haven't played the game, but being a die hard fan of the old hitman games I had my worries about this one (more than understandable given the current state of "AAA" game development), and now it seems that those worries are being confirmed so hence my reaction... if it is indeed the case that those kind of things happen only twice on the whole game is a good thing, but that the game has been "dumbed down" is undeniable, as can be seen on the facts (crearly visible on this video) that you can hide rifles and whatnot + that instinct nonsense.
Posted by AlexanderSheen

This looks like a well modernized version of old Hitman games. Gonna give it a try.

Posted by Rodent

@PhilESkyline said:

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why it's so difficult to talk about a game and actually play it at the same time. There's a lot of detail explanation and wandering around back and forth, I think we understand enough of the game. Save the detailing for the review.

No, IMO the whole point of a QL is to set up the game by explaining the mechanics, show the different settings, show the different play modes and everything the game has to offer. You can't really skip these things if you plan on adequately showing off what the game has to offer.

And keep in mind there are people out there that haven't had any exposure to games like there before, so it's nice that they do break down the different systems and explain what they can.

Posted by MatthewMeadows

This game looks awesome! I've never played a Hitman game before though so I don't wanna go in blind. Is there a HD version of the last gen games out?

Posted by darklink6849

Terrorism

I love Vinny.

Posted by SiN13

After playing some of the new Scribblenauts and then watching this quicklook, it is kind of funny how similar the 2 games are in their approach to having the player create their own solutions.

Edited by PhilESkyline

@Rodent said:

@PhilESkyline said:

No, IMO the whole point of a QL is to set up the game by explaining the mechanics, show the different settings, show the different play modes and everything the game has to offer. You can't really skip these things if you plan on adequately showing off what the game has to offer.

And keep in mind there are people out there that haven't had any exposure to games like there before, so it's nice that they do break down the different systems and explain what they can.

But isn't the keyword "quick"? Having to spend 15 minutes of the preview walking around in circles explaining every detail of the game isn't very entertaining. There's is a great deal of information in wiki and forums on background and history of the game on the site. Brad also referred to not showing what the developers have already shown. This leads me to believe Brad expects the persons watching this have already seen some missions in action.

Posted by Ghost_Cat

Damn, all this hate from the community. Look, just play the game. It's different in a lot of ways, but it's still a Hitman game.

Posted by supertuna

Violence against women in Quick Looks and Vinny. I'm noticing a pattern here...

But seriously, I thought that was a pretty good Quick Look. Never played any of the Hitman games, but this got me interested.

Posted by sixpin

& The boys in blue is what cops are called. I believe the challenge was to take out all of the cops.

Posted by RoyCampbell
@Ghost_Cat said:

Damn, all this hate from the community. Look, just play the game. It's different in a lot of ways, but it's still a Hitman game.

Hate does not equate to criticism.
Posted by deerokus

@MatthewMeadows said:

This game looks awesome! I've never played a Hitman game before though so I don't wanna go in blind. Is there a HD version of the last gen games out?

They're so different that if you do that you'll not want to play this one.

Posted by SirOptimusPrime

I fucking love the Purist description.

Posted by Onkel_Apan

so after he gets knocked out they change his suit back? i hate when people do that to me.

Edited by xite

@MatthewMeadows said:

Blood Money was released on the 360, and it's probably the best in the series so far. Contracts has updated levels from the older games too.

Posted by DaSmart1

@onarum: Has it been simplified? Yes, of course it has, and anyone saying otherwise is a liar. I'm just saying that it hasn't been AS simplified as people seem to think. Basically, it's been a snowball effect of exaggerations within the Hitman Community making the game look worse than it really is.

Posted by ultra2extreme

Brad 'Al Quaeda' Shoemaker

Posted by mtmckinley

Great QL! I'm really enjoying the game. My only real complaint is the disguise system (need a "distance" modifier for people seeing through your disguise, I think), but it's not a game-breaker for me.

Posted by Meltac

I love the look of the game, but I am not too sure of what I think of the gameplay (from what I have seen). I think some people see through your disguise a tad too easy, and that "Batman-vision" is just.. ugh. But I will definitely give it a chance, but I am still playing Dishonored so it'll have to wait some time.

Posted by Max_Cherry

Couldn't 47 just put on some foundation to cover up his tattoo?

Posted by shep9toes

brad is a tool

Posted by Phatmac

It's about time that we got a new hitman game!

Posted by DJJoeJoe

@mtmckinley said:

Great QL! I'm really enjoying the game. My only real complaint is the disguise system (need a "distance" modifier for people seeing through your disguise, I think), but it's not a game-breaker for me.

What do you mean exactly, like a meter on screen that shows a range or something? The game already shows when someone will notice you and you can look at that to see how fast it is... indicating? It's exactly the same as in Splinter Cell Conviction. I don't see the need for anything more than this for showing when someone is going to 'detect' you or whatever, it's really contextual and the rate at which they detect you is based on a few different things of course.

Do you just mean a constant text on screen that says hey you're a repair man and you will not fit in with X type of people in this current area? It does display a notification when you're trespassing based on your outfit, trespassing and hostile area notification.

Posted by Ghost_Cat

@ZeForgotten said:

@Sneeze said:

It's the internet. and also the Easy and Normal mode kind messes up the game a little. Now Purist is the way to go to make the game a Hitman game, no hints, no nothing, just yourself and a Crosshair and your mission briefing (and your weapons, duh) good times. As a big fan of the Hitman franchise, there's nothing wrong with this game at all to me. But maybe that's because I played through Hitman 1, 2 and Blood Money right before getting my hands on Absolution and I actually can see how minor the changes are instead of being tricked by these rose-tinted glasses that everyone else seems to be wearing

Right on. Of course I was skeptical at first, but after watching that video you suggested to me (the "WTF is" preview), I knew this still the same Hitman game. Sure they made some changes (some are better, some not so much), but the game is still about experimentation and sleazy characters. And for those who are complaining about the new changes to disguises: I think it was the right choice. It bothered me (and made things super easy) how before you can don a disguise and nobody ever thought twice that this guy, Agent 47, is not a familiar face to this group or patrol. Good on IO.

Posted by ZeForgotten
@Ghost_Cat: Good to see another reasonable person here and glad that video helped. 
But yeah, the whole "These cops haven't seen you in their police department before, and they would know"-thing when you're wearing a disguise is great and people have asked for that for a while because before it made no damn sense. 
Posted by xite

A mission where you have to infiltrate Wrestlemania and eliminate Rowdy Roddy Piper would be amazing, and entirely believable in a Hitman game.

Edited by Sammo21

After watching Vinny for a few years in quick looks and stuff I've noticed a pattern...if you can shoot in a game then Vinny wants you to kill everyone.

Also yeah, killing people who aren't targets was always considered a bad thing in previous Hitman games.

Posted by Castiel

Isn't pretty common knowledge that boy in blue means cop?

I've definitely heard that expression a couple of times.