255 Comments
Posted by Knite

@Brad: Nacho cheese tortilla chips are delicious.

Posted by patrick5152003

vinnie needs to swallow his spit.

Posted by KlUMZeE

Looks cool, might pick it up on Steam today.

Posted by Nightfang

I like the gameplay and everything else in the game, but the story could have been better.

Posted by DougQuaid

Hard to believe Vinny is that surprised by the quality of the CG cinematics Sqaure produces for the games they publish. I my mind, they are the best in the business.

Posted by MikkaQ

@onarum said:

wow the more I watch the worst it is, so you can hide huge sniper rifles like it's no big a deal. extreme dumb down confirmed. come on you gotta admit that's bad, before you could only pocket guns up to submachine guns, you could only carry 1 rifle, shotgun etc and it would be visible at all times, could not pocket a sniper rifle (like it's supposed to be), and if anyone saw you with a gun like that without a disguise you was done, now it's like "yeah I'll just put this rifle in my pocket" also that bear thing is beyond stupid

Yeah but how did that make the other Hitman games any more fun?

The fun in the series comes from experimenting and trying out crazy ways to assassinate people. The appeal wasn't in inventory management.

Posted by Ujio

1:12:39 - Awesome lol

Posted by LOTR_Dan

@Vod_Crack said:

This Quick Look does a wonderful job of displaying one of the main problems with this game; the disguises. Hitman has always been about blending into environments like a chameleon but the fine folks at Io Interactive obviously wanted to try and fix something that wasn't broken and they are introduced a new system where anyone wearing the same clothes as you can see through your disguise. It might seem like an okay idea but now people can fumble through your disguise across the room, which is just fucking stupid. It also forces you to constantly avoid enemies at all times, which forces you to duck and use cover. It just isn't Hitman, it's now another competent stealth game. And I haven't mentioned other big problems I have with this game...

You mean, just like how it worked in Hitman 2?

Edited by misterbuns

Well written dialogue? Way to plagarise Pink Flamingos word-for-word, Hitman.

http://youtu.be/Fhpj-fL2Hso?t=2m22s

Posted by kyrieee

Ugh, why make a mission about assassinating someone and then turn the assassination into a cutscene?

Posted by jillsandwich

Why did Vinny turn into an easily-impressed grandfather for the first five minutes of the video?

Posted by Goblin

Wait, you can pocket a rifle now? That's awful! The way you had to carry larger items in your off-hand and disguise them (sniper briefcase, Terminator 2 flowerbox-shotgun) when wearing civilian clothes was a really cool aspect of the first Hitman game. Another great feature was how elegantly they handled stacked button prompts... apparently this got lost somewhere along the way as well.

Anyway, aside from some baffling steps backwards compared to a 12 year old game, this does look like a ton of fun.

Posted by Rodent

@PhilESkyline said:

@Rodent said:

@PhilESkyline said:

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why it's so difficult to talk about a game and actually play it at the same time. There's a lot of detail explanation and wandering around back and forth, I think we understand enough of the game. Save the detailing for the review.

No, IMO the whole point of a QL is to set up the game by explaining the mechanics, show the different settings, show the different play modes and everything the game has to offer. You can't really skip these things if you plan on adequately showing off what the game has to offer.

And keep in mind there are people out there that haven't had any exposure to games like there before, so it's nice that they do break down the different systems and explain what they can.

But isn't the keyword "quick"? Having to spend 15 minutes of the preview walking around in circles explaining every detail of the game isn't very entertaining. There's is a great deal of information in wiki and forums on background and history of the game on the site. Brad also referred to not showing what the developers have already shown. This leads me to believe Brad expects the persons watching this have already seen some missions in action.

I think it refers to the fact that games today are between 5 to 200+hrs in length and the time they take in the QL compared to actually finishing the game is relatively "quick".

To your wiki and forums point I'll give you myself as an example: For me when I'm interested in a game, I turn to videos, QLs, review videos, trailers, podcasts etc, to find out all I can. Rarely do I bother reading forums and wikis to get my desired info (quite frankly I don't have the time) so if I gotta watch Bradly turn in circles for a few minutes as he lays out the controls, systems etc, that's just the way it goes.

As for Brad not wanting to show off a section many have already seen, that's fine. IMO he's gotta satisfy those who know all about the game and those whom know nothing.

Posted by RanmaRanma

Brad Vinny is a good duo. Hell, anyone Vinny is a good duo. I'd love if it were possible to have a VInny Vinny duo.

Posted by Animasta

Why the heck would you put subtitles in sound? Subtitles are a graphic, they should be in graphics (and I've never seen them in sound personally).

Posted by Kingyo

@Animasta: why would you not put them in sound or audio, it's an audio replacement feature in my eyes.

Posted by MikkaQ

@Animasta said:

Why the heck would you put subtitles in sound? Subtitles are a graphic, they should be in graphics (and I've never seen them in sound personally).

But on like every DVD or Blu-Ray ever, the subtitles are under the audio settings, so there is precedence for it. It makes sense, it's support for the hard of hearing, so being under audio makes sense. I can understand your point though.

I hope everyone can agree that subtitle settings under gameplay is a fucking dumb concept.

Posted by xite

@MikkaQ said:

@onarum said:

wow the more I watch the worst it is, so you can hide huge sniper rifles like it's no big a deal. extreme dumb down confirmed. come on you gotta admit that's bad, before you could only pocket guns up to submachine guns, you could only carry 1 rifle, shotgun etc and it would be visible at all times, could not pocket a sniper rifle (like it's supposed to be), and if anyone saw you with a gun like that without a disguise you was done, now it's like "yeah I'll just put this rifle in my pocket" also that bear thing is beyond stupid

The fun in the series comes from experimenting and trying out crazy ways to assassinate people. The appeal wasn't in inventory management.

Having to disguise large weapons added to the puzzle aspect because you had to figure out a way to get a sniper rifle past some armed guards. For example in the white house mission you could put your rifle in a briefcase, throw it over the wall and retrieve it later. It added a lot to the gameplay and atmosphere imo.

Posted by Animasta

@Kingyo said:

@Animasta: why would you not put them in sound or audio, it's an audio replacement feature in my eyes.

well for me it's just an aid to make sure I don't miss dialogue; I don't know many people who turn the sound all down and just leave subs up.

Posted by Fire_Of_The_Wind

For people who don't know and because they didn't show it in the video, you don't have to play on purist to turn off the instincts and help system, you can manually turn them off from the options and play at any difficulty.

Posted by Toxin066

I was waiting for Ave Maria to come on before they jumped in to the game.

Posted by MeatSim

I wanna play Hitman: Explosive Assassin and blow up all my targets with C4.

Posted by Crelio

Not enough freedom to be compared to the other Hitman games, or maybe nostalgia? Why would they punish your score for playing the way YOU WANT.

Posted by MordeaniisChaos

thank you brad, for saying something is "poop" because damn it cracks me up to hear a grown man sathat word

Posted by PhilESkyline

@Rodent said:

@PhilESkyline said:

@Rodent said:

@PhilESkyline said:

Maybe it's just me but I don't understand why it's so difficult to talk about a game and actually play it at the same time. There's a lot of detail explanation and wandering around back and forth, I think we understand enough of the game. Save the detailing for the review.

No, IMO the whole point of a QL is to set up the game by explaining the mechanics, show the different settings, show the different play modes and everything the game has to offer. You can't really skip these things if you plan on adequately showing off what the game has to offer.

And keep in mind there are people out there that haven't had any exposure to games like there before, so it's nice that they do break down the different systems and explain what they can.

But isn't the keyword "quick"? Having to spend 15 minutes of the preview walking around in circles explaining every detail of the game isn't very entertaining. There's is a great deal of information in wiki and forums on background and history of the game on the site. Brad also referred to not showing what the developers have already shown. This leads me to believe Brad expects the persons watching this have already seen some missions in action.

I think it refers to the fact that games today are between 5 to 200+hrs in length and the time they take in the QL compared to actually finishing the game is relatively "quick".

To your wiki and forums point I'll give you myself as an example: For me when I'm interested in a game, I turn to videos, QLs, review videos, trailers, podcasts etc, to find out all I can. Rarely do I bother reading forums and wikis to get my desired info (quite frankly I don't have the time) so if I gotta watch Bradly turn in circles for a few minutes as he lays out the controls, systems etc, that's just the way it goes.

As for Brad not wanting to show off a section many have already seen, that's fine. IMO he's gotta satisfy those who know all about the game and those whom know nothing.

Good point. I look to video as well in order to see how the game looks and plays. At times it does become a bore watching someone take some much time explaining every detail of the game mechanics. It's nothing personal on Brad's end. I enjoy watching him play and discuss the game but he can become long winded at times. I find that Patrick falls into that category too. A wealth of information for sure but too much kills the interactive video experience I came for. To each their own I guess.

Posted by Scotto

Brad, the button prompts don't "overlap" like you said - you tap the Y button to open the door, or you hold it for a second to pick up a weapon. That bolded white circle around the Y button prompt on the wrench doesn't indicate focus - it indicates the countdown timer for holding the Y button.

Posted by Scotto

@Crelio said:

Not enough freedom to be compared to the other Hitman games, or maybe nostalgia? Why would they punish your score for playing the way YOU WANT.

They don't "punish" you - you can still complete missions however you want, and it actually gives you a point bonus for killing targets with environmental stuff. It just affects the game's scoring, which is a thing that wasn't in the old games. If you could get just as high of a score by simply shooting the place up, it wouldn't be much of a challenge.

Posted by thebadnews

@onarum: It's a hitman game because it says Hitman on the box. Maybe it's not what you wanted but it's still hitman.

Posted by retsub101

Fuck the haters, I'm still gonna buy this game. You hear that?! I'm going to give an evil soulless corporation my money so they can continue "ruining great franchises by making more of them"! (Yes somebody actually said that.)

Come at me!

Posted by RoyCampbell
@retsub101 said:

Fuck the haters, I'm still gonna buy this game. You hear that?! I'm going to give an evil soulless corporation my money so they can continue "ruining great franchises by making more of them"! (Yes somebody actually said that.)

Come at me!

So edgy.
Posted by Chtasm

Audio is WAAAY ahead of the video on HTML5.

Posted by Tr0n

CG!!

Posted by avantegardener

@Knite said:

Oh Brad...

Agreed.

Posted by mtmckinley

@DJJoeJoe said:

What do you mean exactly, like a meter on screen that shows a range or something? The game already shows when someone will notice you and you can look at that to see how fast it is... indicating? It's exactly the same as in Splinter Cell Conviction. I don't see the need for anything more than this for showing when someone is going to 'detect' you or whatever, it's really contextual and the rate at which they detect you is based on a few different things of course.

Do you just mean a constant text on screen that says hey you're a repair man and you will not fit in with X type of people in this current area? It does display a notification when you're trespassing based on your outfit, trespassing and hostile area notification.

Well, in Blood Money, if you had the right outfit, you could pretty much go anywhere without any problems. I can understand that being a little over powered and needed some limitation to give it some challenge, but I'm not a big fan of being in a level full of cops and taking a cop disguise, only for it to not be an effective disguise against... well, cops. Sure, I can understand keeping your distance and having the arrow indicator show up if you loiter around or get too close, but if a cop is down the hall looking in my general direction, I don't think they should necessarily pick me out of a crowd as being an imposter from 40 yards away.

That's all.

Posted by Devil240Z

Does hitman still have a First person view if you click in the stick? I liked it in the other games cause it made it easier to look around the environment.

Posted by Milpool

you can use instinct to see walking paths! I was shouting this at my monitor.

Posted by onarum
@xite said:

@MikkaQ said:

@onarum said:

Having to disguise large weapons added to the puzzle aspect because you had to figure out a way to get a sniper rifle past some armed guards. For example in the white house mission you could put your rifle in a briefcase, throw it over the wall and retrieve it later. It added a lot to the gameplay and atmosphere imo.

exactly, that's gone now.....
Posted by Fattony12000
Posted by NTM

I haven't been the biggest fan of the Hitman games; I only have Silent Assassin and Blood Money, but I beat neither of them, and yet I still kind of want this. I realize this is still a Hitman game, but can anyone tell me how similar it is to the Arkham games and Splinter Cell: Conviction? I remember they showed some gameplay and it was reminiscent of those games, I'm wondering if that was just a moment and it's not exactly representative of the full game.

Posted by ChrisTaran

Looks awesome to me. Have had this pre-order for PC for weeks now. Looking forward to booting it up in the next couple days!

Edited by TheMathlete

Looks pretty good to me, but I think I'll wait a while for a price drop or something.

Posted by mlarrabee

That's Japan-quality CG, Vinny.

That's as close to real as you get.

Posted by Undeadpool

I'm impressed! Looks like they kept the core intact and trimmed a lot of the fat! And I'm really entertained by the weird role-reversal from Sleeping Dogs where Vinny was brutalizing random people and Brad was the one pleading for sanity.

Posted by noriegga

everything is lies!

Posted by SlightConfuse

FUCKING YEE HAW

Posted by kerse

boy in blue means cop, kinda surprised they didn't know.

Posted by ellis101

THis is stupied

Posted by Vod_Crack

@LOTR_Dan said:

@Vod_Crack said:

This Quick Look does a wonderful job of displaying one of the main problems with this game; the disguises. Hitman has always been about blending into environments like a chameleon but the fine folks at Io Interactive obviously wanted to try and fix something that wasn't broken and they are introduced a new system where anyone wearing the same clothes as you can see through your disguise. It might seem like an okay idea but now people can fumble through your disguise across the room, which is just fucking stupid. It also forces you to constantly avoid enemies at all times, which forces you to duck and use cover. It just isn't Hitman, it's now another competent stealth game. And I haven't mentioned other big problems I have with this game...

You mean, just like how it worked in Hitman 2?

Hitman 2 was pretty punishing but even then, they didn't spot you from miles away. In the older games, it was vital that you walked instead of running or crouching, both of which they don't seem to mind in Absolution.

Posted by evanbower

@retsub101 said:

Come at me!

You're like the James Dean of this comment section.

Posted by EveretteScott

@Fattony12000: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Days_%28film%29