178 Comments
  • 178 results
Posted by CelShader

Cantina... I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Posted by thomasonfa

This looks neat. I love listening to you guys looking for landmarks but forgetting that the lake is also a landmark. I learned that if I got lost in the woods with the GB crew, I am screwed. :-P

Posted by Stojas

It is indeed pronounced MiAsmata. Greek.

Posted by Quantris

I'm thinking that the makers of this game didn't realize that someone could be so rubbish with maps (I know that I was a bit surprised to hear it took 40 minutes to figure out how to triangulate).

Posted by JZ

Wow this is really boring

Edited by Blackout62

@Stojas: So Me-As-Maw-Ta or My-As-Maw-Ta? Or As-Matt-A? Oz-Maw-Ta?

Posted by Mayu_Zane

Gonna buy this on Steam when I get my next paycheck. This game seems very interesting.

Posted by NekuCTR

They are way over thinking the map system. The way they described it was accurate, but it's way more intuitive than they're making it out to be.

Posted by TehJedicake

Fuuuuccckk this is my dream game

Posted by DarkbeatDK

This game seems super cool. To be honest, I don't think I have the patience to play it myself, but it's interesting to see you play.

Posted by RetroVirus

Not gonna lie, I'm really intrigued by this premise. I'm a sucker for immersive first-person experiences.

Posted by Draxyle

This seems pretty cool, thanks for showing us!

Posted by Xymox

Perhaps I'm crazy, but I think this would work super well in an elder scrolls game if it was optional / a mod.

Posted by Jugg4n4ut

you trip in super smash bros brawl........

Posted by thebigJ_A

Yay, my request was granted!

Posted by thebigJ_A

I like the gfiction of the world you read about in the notes. The "Nationalists" taking over and such. It's obviously not our world, but it's very close.

Posted by Trav

@vanfarley said:

@Trav: as we say in Russia: "I'm not coward but I'm afraid", I hope that's actually a real colloquialism there

Well I'm spreading it to America now as an authentic Russian anecdote, either way!

Posted by OllyOxenFree

SOLD!

Posted by envane

his name was robert paulson!

Posted by TruthTellah

I want to see Patrick and Drew play all the way through this. It looks like it's probably not that long, but it would make a great Random PC Game.

Posted by KlUMZeE

Interesting...

Patrick: "fill up my cantina"

What like with chips and salsa and cervezas, because that would be delicious!

Posted by Winterstrike

This game seems very interesting.

Posted by Tsuchikage

There's an illness (or something similar) called miasma (my-as-ma), so I'm going to assume this game is pronounced 'my-as-ma-ta.'

Anyone else completely freaked out while watching this Quick Look? I didn't know if the monster was going to appear out of nowhere--not even what it looked like!--so the whole time I was really paranoid.

This game looks fantastic. What a great concept! How much is it?

Posted by Robaota

@mellotronrules said:

@alienjones said:

@Robaota said:

@alienjones said:

@Robaota said:

@alienjones: This is the very last place I'd expect to see some Darkplace.

Darkplace should be posted everywhere, and enjoyed by all (and to a lesser extent, Man To Man).

...Man, I've got no plans this weekend. I'm absolutely going to have to marathon this aren't I?

You tell me. Yes, I'll hold (I and you already know the answer).

@Pepperooni said:

Hooray for Darkplace!

You guys are alright.

you're all...buddies. aren't you?

Cool it Mello or you'll get a knuckle supper.

Posted by UnderWing

This would be an amazingly perfect game for me... if it didn't have the creature. I'm not a horror fan (grade-A wimp material, here), so the possibility that a creature could come at any time and shift the dynamic to a "get away or fight" (I'm assuming you're supposed to just get away) situation would create a tension in the game that I have no interest in. If they had an "easy" mode that simply turned off the creature for me, though, I could see it being in my top 5 this year, though.

And if they had a "hardcore cartographer" mode that forced you to position the lines and make notes yourself, GOTY material. Love that shit to death.

Posted by dropabombonit

Those hands are messed up

Posted by avantegardener

@UnderWing said:

This would be an amazingly perfect game for me... if it didn't have the creature. I'm not a horror fan (grade-A wimp material, here), so the possibility that a creature could come at any time and shift the dynamic to a "get away or fight" (I'm assuming you're supposed to just get away) situation would create a tension in the game that I have no interest in. If they had an "easy" mode that simply turned off the creature for me, though, I could see it being in my top 5 this year, though.

And if they had a "hardcore cartographer" mode that forced you to position the lines and make notes yourself, GOTY material. Love that shit to death.

Fellow wimp here, if it's any consolation the 'monster' in question not particularly terrifying, and clearly displayed in the promotional material.

Posted by VarkhanMB

I wish Patrick and Drew would play that game to completion together. I think they make a great team and Miasmata is a very interesting game, but not one I'd like to play myself.

Posted by JohnB

Sold. Thanks for showing this.

Posted by Yorkin

This game seems kinda groundbreaking.

Posted by gbrading

Miasma was what the Victorians believed caused cholera, the Black Death and other diseases before Dr. John Snow proved that cholera was spread via polluted water rather than "bad air".

This seems like a strange game. Rather slow paced, but interesting.

Posted by galloughs

This seems incredibly tedious and the opposite of fun

Posted by CosmicQueso

@galloughs said:

This seems incredibly tedious and the opposite of fun

This seems incredibly interesting and just the kind of game I'd love to dig into.

Tastes, huh?

Posted by MeatSim

Forget all other diseases we must find the cure for bloody sausage fingers disease now!

Posted by me3639

Thanks for doing a QL of this guys. The only thing is the price point. Its a good looking game and with a lot of appeal, but for $10 i think it becomes more attractive.

Posted by Xtrememuffinman

Seems super awesome, though something I would never touch. Though if there were some kind of Endurance Run....

Also, Patrick and Drew make a pretty awesome pair.

Posted by tourgen

great QL, the game looks very interesting

Posted by oraknabo

I never even heard of this, but I like seeing someone try to basically do an indie Trespasser-style game.

Edited by development

yep, the engine is built from the ground up. In a Reddit thread I made an ass of myself and said I loved Unity games like this, then they replied to me and said it was in-fact built from the ground up.

Posted by bkbroiler

@TruthTellah said:

I want to see Patrick and Drew play all the way through this. It looks like it's probably not that long, but it would make a great Random PC Game.

totally. maybe it'll show up on some random livestream they do.

Posted by arcadias

Dagless and Sanchez. Darkplace reference. Another thing which makes this game great.

Edited by RVonE

Somehow this was kinda nerve-racking for me to watch. It's something about the atmosphere, the guy's heavy breathing and Patrick's warning about there being a monster.

EDIT:

@Tsuchikage said:

Anyone else completely freaked out while watching this Quick Look? I didn't know if the monster was going to appear out of nowhere--not even what it looked like!--so the whole time I was really paranoid.

Totally.

Posted by FesteringNeon

Very cool. This looks really good. When I upgrade to a better PC it'll be mine!

Posted by arimajinn

This looks pretty sweet...

Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials

Joe and Bob Johnson are great names for game developers.

Posted by sofakingcool

ENDURANCE RUN THAT SHIT!

Posted by thebipsnbeeps

Those arms man. They're too in the way when you're moving. But ah, this game looks pretty awesome. It blows my mind what people can come up with sometimes.

Posted by Nentisys

Looks really cool!

Posted by MrDowntempo

This is very intriguing. It deserves a bit more research but I may pick it up. I'd like to see more of it played here =)

Edited by Bistromath

Looks interesting, but no tatau no sale. Seriously though, I totally wrote this off when I saw it was greenlit. Now I'll more than likely check it out.

• 178 results