87 Comments
  • 87 results
Posted by GaspoweR

Mass Effect may have one of the more sneaky, dirty methods of microtransaction within a game but hey, it your with somebody who has bought a bunch of stuff that it makes it (relatively) easier to finish the map.

Posted by Rodiard

Jeff is starting to look like Beakman:

Posted by katelyngadd

@DasUberOgre: Getting acquired can do that to a man.

Edited by RenegadeDoppelganger

Can someone make a gif of Jeff shaking his head at 3:43? That would be very useful for things.

Posted by SmokePants

Ryan Davis: Fountain of Misinformation

Posted by ultrapeanut

"It says 'head shot' when you stab a guy in the head."

Posted by HenryHolbrook

I know it's just a review beard but Brad should definitely keep it. He looks like a proper lumber jack.

Haven't bought ME3 yet but I could definitely get into this multiplayer, looks fun. Are there any GB groups playing it?

Posted by Finscher

@GaspoweR: In my experience, it's actually fairly uncommon to get into a game without at least one person who is over level 500 (for those unaware, you can promote your characters infinitely. Each levelled and promoted character adds 30 points to your overall N7 level; 20 levels for the character and then a 10-level bonus for the promotion itself.) Their level alone guarantees that they've unlocked some fairly impressive classes and hardware, so microtransactions aren't necessarily the determining factor in a party's success.

Also, I've skimmed through and haven't noticed anybody correcting Ryan yet, but any class can equip any unlock at any time. It's just that certain classes don't benefit from certain weapons and powerups as well as other classes might (i.e. you wouldn't want to put a heavy sniper rifle on a vanguard, and you wouldn't want to give a soldier a piece of equipment that boosts biotic powers, because that class doesn't have any to boost.)

Posted by LarryDavis

@RenegadeDoppelganger said:

Can someone make a gif of Jeff shaking his head at 3:43? That would be very useful for things.

Fantastic.

Posted by GaspoweR

@Finscher: Yeah, I do agree with your first point. You don't NEED to buy the boost packs to ensure success and most of the time there really is no definite way to know if they actually bought one but in a way it just helps one accelerate or cut down the time they would possible spend in order to get a good item, weapon, etc. It is exploitative but at least its not as bad as say... Zynga games.

Posted by AndrewBeardsley

@LarryDavis said:

What kind of things??

Edited by Bubbly

lol I love how Matt Higby, who is the creative director of Planetside 2, just popped in during the show. Pretty funny that he, of all people, would be the one to stumble into the stream.

Edited by VibratingDonkey

It's crazy that a game like District 187 exists in 2012. Glad to see it bringing back exploitative gangstatude and shonky CS cloning while combining that winning combination with crass F2P business to create one enticing package.

Posted by Shimmy

@SmokePants said:

Yeah , that kind of surprised me. I understand that he has not played ME3 multiplayer in some time, but to be so wrong so consistently? Quite a talent.

Posted by bkbroiler

This was a fun TNT. I liked how they filled the menu times of ME3 with Jeff's shitty F2P game. And I liked the way the chat/guys were tutoring Brad.

Posted by csl316

Man, they added so much to ME 3. Must play again.

Posted by SatelliteOfLove

TNT: Where Every Thursday Is Breaking Brad

Edited by pwnmachine

Mad gully on TNT!!!

Posted by KlUMZeE

If you want a good free to play game, try Gotham City Impostors.

Posted by Dberg
That gangsta game of Jeff's looks visually more interesting than the mass effect multi. I don't think that's a good thing.
Posted by MeatSim

Glad I never spend real money on those ME3 multiplayer packs but I enjoyed my time with the multiplayer.

Posted by emilknievel

@Rodiard said:

Jeff is starting to look like Beakman:

or Giorgio A. Tsoukalos:

lol

Posted by AutoBarn
@SmokePants

This.
Posted by FoolishChaos

How has patrick not beaten hotline miami yet... Such a short game

Posted by Splodge

@Shimmy said:

@SmokePants said:

Yeah , that kind of surprised me. I understand that he has not played ME3 multiplayer in some time, but to be so wrong so consistently? Quite a talent.

Yeah, it's a good thing no one else ever makes mistakes on a regular basis or you might sound like an asshole!

Posted by Scotto

@Shimmy said:

@SmokePants said:

Meh, as long as he's up front about not being sure about everything, I'm okay with it. It's when they confidently assert things that are false, that my back gets up a little bit.

Edited by LegendaryChopChop

I'm usually a fan of Patrick's, but he's dead wrong in saying that there are class or weapon restrictions. In ME3 multiplayer, any class can use any item, gear, and any weapon as they want -- even if it doesn't make sense with their setup (biotic gear for a tech-use class, etc.).

I wish he'd have done more research before throwing out ME3's multiplayer with such wrong statements. In my opinion, it's the best multiplayer game to come out this year. The depth of it is really staggering, and I've fallen in love with it.

Edited by paulunga

Wait, what graphics card is Patrick getting? He should really play the PC version of Far Cry 3 if it's a GTX 570 or better.

And yes, Binary Domain is legimitaley good except for the boss battles and framerate getting a bit choppy at times.

Posted by ThePickle

Ryan_Davis and FunkyBarnBurner

Posted by zombiesatemycereal

@LegendaryChopChop: Yeah... I was pretty annoyed in general with how little anyone knew about the multiplayer.

Posted by myslead

bees! NOT THE BEEEES ahahahah

nice nic cage reference there brad

Edited by pwnmachine

@LegendaryChopChop: TBH these guys don't have the time to be dedicating hours upon hours to a multiplayer they don't even find appealing, deal with it...

I find this kind of attitude VERY annoying, why should someone be an expert in something just because YOU think it's worth their time?

Edited by LegendaryChopChop

@pwnmachine said:

@LegendaryChopChop: TBH these guys don't have the time to be dedicating hours upon hours to a multiplayer they don't even find appealing, deal with it...

I find this kind of attitude VERY annoying, why should someone be an expert in something just because YOU think it's worth their time?

How's it annoying to expect video game journalists to know something about a video game? They all pretty much said they "liked" the multiplayer too, so they did find it appealing. It's more annoying to give out false information and judge it based on those reasons.

And, they don't have to be an expert. Playing the game as long as Brad did (an hour or so) is more than enough time to learn about the basics of how its structured. The depth of strategy comes later, but how the game is set up is something you learn relatively quickly.

I sure as hell don't expect them to stay hooked on the game as long as we do, but Jeff knew pretty much how it worked and he has gone on record to say he barely goes back to play any old games from this generation. Ryan and Patrick gave a lot of misinformation, and that can't be excused.

I still love the guys, but it was still a little hard to watch because I consider these guys to be the best in the business at what they do.

Edited by dr_mantas

Ryan Davis has a talent for non-stop talking about things he knows nothing or very little about. And making very long pauses in his sentences, which he hopes other people will fill. I heart him anyway.

Also, my Geth-Quarian conflict stuff resolved very nicely, almost no bummers.

Edit: Also, isn't there like a cover system in Mass Effect 3? Maybe they removed it, judging by how little I saw it used.

Posted by GenesisZ

imagine a sky dumping party in planetside 2 ...

Edited by enoteware

I've watched this one at least five times, and it still cracks me up. Might be one of the best.

Posted by Jayzz

brad is just irritating to watch play video games