124 Comments
  • 124 results
Edited by MattClassic

This game existing makes me happy, Capcom pulling such a progressive move and officially supporting it makes me even happier. I really hope this blows up and completely changes the way companies like Sega and Square Enix handle fan games.

Also, is that Urien at 1:20? Why does he appear to have his own weapon energy bar?

Posted by Shingro

How.... how very UNCAPCOM-like? I wonder what happened inside the company to make this happen? Was there any major shakeups internally?

If there was one company I'd have bet on not taking advantage of fan's love and devotion, it'd have been Capcom

Posted by lordofultima

@ptys said:

Why still the 8-bit? I think everyone is in agreement that the SNES 16bit era was the best! Seriously Capcom, how many times do you get it wrong! lol

get it wrong? I think you're mistaken. X is far less iconic than 8-bit megaman.

Edited by sprode

Looking forward to it, but have to wonder how much of this is because of Street Fighter. Would Capcom have been so willing to endorse a fan game in place of their inability to put forth a game of their own? No, probably not.

Hopefully, Capcom get their act together in the meantime.

Posted by FTomato

@geirr said:

I think this is really sweet of Capcom; good on them.

For comparisons sake, remember what Nintendo did for Mario's 25th? Yeahhh..

For comparisons sake, remember what Nintendo did for Metroid's 25th?

Posted by envane

uuuuuuuhg i came

Posted by Forum_User

I thought, "This is Capcom, so what's the catch?" until I read it was a fan-made project.

Posted by bunnymud

It's shit like this that makes me happy

Posted by DrWhat

How can a company that has the time and desire to do something this straightforwardly cool end up making so many other poor decisions? Weird. This is great though.

Posted by Silver-Streak

@heatDrive88: If we're talking a game purely in the style of Mega Man/X, it is highly unlikely there will ever be another retail product of a standalone Mega Man Game.

I wish I could find the article, but basically the last time it was approached, the official response from Capcom was that the platformers do not have enough content to be considered retail price worthy. The closest we'd see is another Mega Man Zero or ZX, which I would love to see. Although I'd rather then put out Legends 3, or some sort of crazy sequel to Command Mission.

Posted by monkeypox

the fact that it's free is the cherry on top.

Posted by gaftra

@Halberdierv2: and then distributed by capcom instead of shut down for infringement. y'know like they acknowledge at the top of the video.

Posted by DoctorWelch

This looks fucking awesome. I can't wait.

Posted by casper_

psyched that rose/orbs are represented

Posted by MormonWarrior

Wait, is this PC only? I'd like it on my 3DS, please. Thanks.

Posted by probablytuna

Glad someone is giving Mega Man some love.

Posted by ptys

Why still the 8-bit? I think everyone is in agreement that the SNES 16bit era was the best! Seriously Capcom, how many times do you get it wrong! lol

Posted by Dan_CiTi

Glad it is more than just SF2 characters, looks pretty fun even if I'm not big on Mega Man.

Posted by heatDrive88

@Viking_Funeral said:

While I was watching the video, I kept thinking, "Man, it would be cool if they made this a real game, and they gave it away for free for fans."

I'm... more than a little surprised that it actually was.

I was thinking EXACTLY this as well.

But to be honest, I kinda would like it more if they just put out a full Megaman retail product sometime in the future.

Posted by Viking_Funeral

While I was watching the video, I kept thinking, "Man, it would be cool if they made this a real game, and they gave it away for free for fans."

I'm... more than a little surprised that it actually was.

Posted by envane

fuckin nice

Posted by Orange_Pork

Megaman in the club doin' Aegis Reflector.

Posted by Nightfang

@Patman99 said:

Seems like everything Capcom does is met with criticism....

Well, Capcom, I appreciate what this is. You are A-OK in my books.

This.

Posted by stewmull

Well done capcom

Posted by WMoyer83

This looks cool

Posted by CharAznable

That's fucking awesome, I'm totally down. I wish it was on XBLA, but I'll take it for free.

Posted by Halberdierv2

@geirr: this was not done by capcom, but by a fan.

Posted by Paindamnation

@OMGmyFACE said:

Capcom did something positive, I'd better bitch and moan about it because that's what we do.

"We" aren't the collective we.

Posted by geirr

I think this is really sweet of Capcom; good on them.

For comparisons sake, remember what Nintendo did for Mario's 25th? Yeahhh..

Posted by OMGmyFACE

Capcom did something positive, I'd better bitch and moan about it because that's what we do.

Posted by Geralt

I have to find something to bitch about...Hey! Blanca is misrepresented! He's gentle guy...right?

Posted by AlwaysBeClothing

Well, its free so I can't be too critical. As a free game I'm ok with this.

Posted by I_smell

GO HOME AND BE A MEGA MAN.
Posted by JackSukeru

I remember seeing this somewhere before months ago, probably back at Capcom_Unity, makes sense that it was a fan game they picked up.

Eh, whatever.

Posted by Amaru25

This is nuts!

Posted by RecSpec

Good to see a company supporting a fan release instead of stomping it into the ground.

Posted by Woowookins

@PurplePartyRobot said:

I'll give this a whirl when it releases. I love the Mega Man series, although my fondest of memories are from the first three games of the X series.

Ditto.

Also, if you go to www.capcom-unity.com/mega_man and read the actual announcement article, you'll see that this is only the first thing they're doing for the anniversary.

Posted by JCGamer

This looks great. Hopefully it'll come to consoles or iOS. Perhaps if the game runs on a mac I'll be good to go.

Posted by PurplePartyRobot

I'll give this a whirl when it releases. I love the Mega Man series, although my fondest of memories are from the first three games of the X series.

Posted by Gerhabio

Cool!

Posted by Oni

Holy shit gamers love to bitch. Free game. Fan-made, that Capcom is promoting. What is wrong with some of you?

Posted by Hiashi

@vegetashonor: You!

Posted by MrBlueJackle

Capcom is celebrating Mega Man's 25th Anniversary with a fan game?

Edited by cannonballBAM

OMG yes.

edit: I love the people that complain even when something is free. Keiji Inafune is no longer there and that means it will be a long time before we get another official Mega Man game.

Posted by kayeyeeff

The Wiley stages clearly have to be Bisonopolis

Posted by PimblyCharles

oh how I love Mega Man music

Posted by RRWcomicsboy

I guess that when that fucking twitter feed was telling all of the Devroom fans that they were expected to mostly make the game themselves, Capcom was being totally serious.

Posted by super2j

I am super down for this/

Posted by Doskias

This looks like a fun video game that I will enjoy playing.

Posted by doosmacleod

Oh god Kaiju Blanka.

• 124 results