96 Comments
  • 96 results
Posted by DougCL

mikey is awesome, GB should get Anthony Burch to do a list next year.

Posted by artofwar420

Dangerously close to opening Civ V again. That game is seriously awesome.

Posted by GreyFoxV1

I may not agree with some of it but it feels like it was from the gut and less like the list of a critic. I can respect that.

Posted by posh

"(I didn't put Borderlands 2 on here because I think that would have been weird. But I love it and play it all the time--you should too!)" well, you totally did put it in your list. also your hat is dumb

Posted by lordofultima

@bigsmoke77 said:

If you have NFS: Most Wanted on your top 10 list and not Forza Horizons..... i just don't know what to say.

This post is hilarious. The games aren't similar at all. Horizon is mega boring IMO.

Posted by dropabombonit

Good list, now I need to go play X-com

Posted by TheKbob

I played "You Have to Win the Game" because of this list. Got 100%. It's got a nice calming, puzzling (death heavy) element that is like VVVVVV (VV?V?) in many ways. For free, it's a good 2 hours.

Posted by bigsmoke77

@ColumnBreaker: Have you played Horizons because its not a normal Forza game and accomplished a lot of new and interesting things while Most Wanted flopped on its "new" ideas.

@mrpandaman: Most likely, these Top 10s need to be taking with a grain of salt because there from the type of people that don't have all the time in the world to play video games, i will not be surprised to see NFS on a lot of lists this year.

Posted by Brendan

@bigsmoke77 said:

If you have NFS: Most Wanted on your top 10 list and not Forza Horizons..... i just don't know what to say.

The two games are good at different things.

Posted by ColumnBreaker

@bigsmoke77 said:

They're not really comparable games, I prefer NFS and Criterion anything to how Forza plays.

Posted by mrpandaman

@bigsmoke77 said:

Maybe he didn't play it?

Posted by bigsmoke77

Posted by andrewf87462

It's good to see The Walking Dead getting some love, that game was epic!

Posted by heatDrive88

@Andorski: I want to give you a huge +1 or thumbs up.

Posted by csdeje

This guys list is pretty awesome...no wonder he works at Gearbox!

Posted by Vitor

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@chocolaterhinovampire said:

I wasn't bitching about his list....just his inability to edit or use words properly.

Maybe it's because he is a game developer and not a writer, man people are arseholes. It's just his favourite games he player no point getting butthurt over it.

People are assholes, but this guy is a writer, not a developer. Read the bio up top.

That being said, it's still the GB guy's job to proof read this stuff before it goes live so the typos should be on them to sort out.

Posted by jozzy
@Bourbon_Warrior

I wasn't bitching about his list....just his inability to edit or use words properly.

Maybe it's because he is a game developer and not a writer, man people are arseholes. It's just his favourite games he player no point getting butthurt over it.

Actually, according to this he is a writer :)

Not that I care about mistakes, just thought that was funny.
Posted by Chango

I really feel like playing Gods and Kings right about now. Solid list.

Posted by MistaSparkle

Hey hey, nice first list, keep them coming GB!

Posted by Bourbon_Warrior

Posted by McGhee

I love how riled up and angry people get over these completely unimportant lists of favorites.

Posted by Crunchman

-RIPPED JEANS-

Edited by chogi

Ryan is Popeye, confirmed.

Posted by Zippedbinders

I get a feeling that Journey is going to be the only game I actually played this year that will show up on most lists.

Also, just remember that if your list offends half of the commenters, you're seriously doing a good job. No really, these guys get upset whenever the obvious perfect 10 don't make it on and I love every second of it.

Posted by Andorski

Stephen Fry shuttin' down the grammar Nazis.

Posted by HeghmohQib
10. Diablo III
I don't know how this couldn't made it onto my list. We all love Diablo and we got a polished update worthy of the name. I played this for weeks and couldn't resist making a new character and a new build and jumping back into the fray.

I think you misspelled Torchlight 2.

Posted by BeachThunder

Yes, I think I will check out You Have to Win the Game...

Edited by nexttoofcourse

To be fair, fixing grammatical and usage errors is really the job of an editor. Neumann clearly knows how to conjugate English verbs and I bet he knows the difference between epitaphs and epithets. In normal press outlets, writers, especially those who aren't on staff, are not responsible for finding these small mistakes, it's the role of the (name-appropriate) editor. I don't really get why you're saying the guy's a bad writer for making minor errors; it's really the staff's problem.

Posted by Lava

Nice to see Journey popping up on a list already. JOURNEY FTW.

Posted by hollitz
@chocolaterhinovampire

@CaLe said:

@DoctorWelch said:

Also, every writer makes typos, but not every outlet lets them get through. When I write thousand word long blog posts I don't really care if there are a few typos cause it's bound to happen and I'm not writing it for a professional publication. However, when Giant Bomb consistently lets Patrick's articles get through with typos, and it even bleeds into here, it's kind of sad.

It literally takes a single read through, which is why I don't understand it either.

This

I have to imagine that Mikey was just doing this as a favor to the site. In my opinion, the onus is on the GB crew to proof it.
Posted by MisterSamMan

Wait, Gods and Kings came out this year...time to edit my list.

Posted by shodan2020

You Have To Win The Game is pretty good, but it also makes me want to play VVVVV again. It's the same sort of game with a sweet gravity switch mechanic and an amazing soundtrack to boot.

Posted by bracken4

@J12088 said:

Your top 3 saved you. The rest of that list was horrible.

go fuck yourself.

Posted by Benny

Guess Ryan's wiki page needs to updated to reflect this new intel about his spinachy organ.

And why are people suddenly criticizing the inclusion of Diablo 3, as if it wasn't one of the most well received games across the board in years? It had maybe a week of online issues but so does every online game.

Posted by chocolaterhinovampire

@CaLe said:

@DoctorWelch said:

Also, every writer makes typos, but not every outlet lets them get through. When I write thousand word long blog posts I don't really care if there are a few typos cause it's bound to happen and I'm not writing it for a professional publication. However, when Giant Bomb consistently lets Patrick's articles get through with typos, and it even bleeds into here, it's kind of sad.

It literally takes a single read through, which is why I don't understand it either.

This

Posted by CaLe

@DoctorWelch said:

Posted by TheFridge

@chocolaterhinovampire: Wasn't directed at you my dear friend, nor was I acting "holier-than-thou". Just amused by the internet. That is all.

Posted by DavoTron
@J12088

Your top 3 saved you. The rest of that list was horrible.

OH NOOOOOO PEOPLE THINKING FOR THEMSELVESSSSS :((((((((
Posted by Ouren

Right outta the gate, disagree with Diablo 3.

Worthy of the name my arse.

Posted by probablytuna

LET THE GOTY BEGIN.

Posted by EthanielRain

XCOM is my #1 as well.

Posted by Winternet

Hum, yes, the atmosphere here is familiar. It's . . Game Of The Year.

Posted by zombie2011

The grunts do look weird in Halo 4. Cool list like how Worms Revolution made in on there it's really fun, that and Awesomenauts have been my most played games this year.

Posted by SuperJoe

This list is bogus. 99% of the time he's playing Borderlands 2.

Posted by DoctorWelch

Posted by chocolaterhinovampire

@Phatmac said:

I thought Gods and Kings was an expansion pack or is it DLC? Is it a game? Decent list otherwise.

Is there much of a difference nowadays

Edited by Skillface

@chocolaterhinovampire: I don't see them quoting you specifically, so why respond? Also, why do you feel the need to comment on this article like 10 times? Baffling.

Posted by jillsandwich

Mikey chose XCOM, he knows what's up.

Posted by Phatmac

I thought Gods and Kings was an expansion pack or is it DLC? Is it a game? Decent list otherwise.

Posted by GaspoweR

XCOM FUCK YES

• 96 results