75 Comments
  • 75 results
Posted by HerbieBug

Welcome to GB, Dan! ♥

Also Borderlands 2 was shitty and your opinion is incorrect.

Posted by brett990

Posted by Tsuchikage

Love this guy!

Posted by dropabombonit

Good list and I can see how Borderlands 2 was number 1, I put 100 hours into that game and I didn't even like the first game that much

Posted by ROFLknife

I need Dan and Vinny together in a Replay and/or Quick Look before I die.

Posted by SnakeEyes327

@TheHumanDove said:

worst. list. ever

I know right? How dare he put a list together of games he personally liked. What's up with that?

Posted by TheHumanDove

worst. list. ever

Posted by GreyFoxV1
I even loved the original ending, so I'm glad that the internet has finally shut up about it.

Whether you like or dislike the ending to Mass Effect 3 the snooty attitude some writers have about those critical of it is incredibly annoying. It's like a hipster complaining about how so many people need to shut up about hating their band; listening to both sides is tiring because the rest of the party doesn't gives a shit anymore.

Posted by Bobby_The_Great

Glad to see Soul Calibur V get some love.

Posted by ItBeStefYo

@Brandino said:

@xMEGADETHxSLY said:

No Walking Dead, good list

Oh, look.. It's one of those cool kids jumping on the walking dead hate train because it's popular.

Was he not being sarcastic?

Posted by Xeirus

@Sharpless said:

@Brandino said:

@xMEGADETHxSLY said:

Oh, look.. It's one of those cool kids jumping on the walking dead hate train because it's popular.

I guarantee you that 90% of the people dumping on the game have never actually played it. It's ridiculous to me that people can pass final judgment on an interactive piece of entertainment without actually interacting with it.

It's better to just pity them. To be honest it's sort of embarrassing.

Posted by bmac1632

Ugh, does everyone who list ME3 in their GOTY list have to bitch that the internet complained about a crappy ending to another video game? If we are reading your list on Giant Bomb, we know already. Move on like the rest of us.

Posted by pweidman

Fuck this guy's list...but then with Borderlands 2 at the top of it, all is forgiven. :P

Also: Damn, I guess I gotta finish Dust and actually finally buy a Trials game.

Posted by purspike

@johnaze: Thx for introducing me to a new youtube vid series! Awesome!

Posted by johnaze

Awesome! Didn't expect Dan to make a top 10! As weird as the list is, I kinda agree with some of it.

First time I heard about Dan was when i stumbled upon this video on YouTube:

Posted by Sharpless

@Brandino said:

@xMEGADETHxSLY said:

I guarantee you that 90% of the people dumping on the game have never actually played it. It's ridiculous to me that people can pass final judgment on an interactive piece of entertainment without actually interacting with it.

Posted by NekuCTR

@Svenzon said:

Dan, freaking star, man! Nice to see his list on Giant Bomb.

That was SWEEEEEET!

Posted by Svenzon

Dan, freaking star, man! Nice to see his list on Giant Bomb.

Posted by Brandino

@xMEGADETHxSLY said:

Posted by Fattony12000

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Posted by vinsanityv22

I dunno wtf Dan is doing here, but I like it!

Is there any chance he can guest on a Quick Look or a Endurance Run? Or are Game Informer's Super Replays already too much for the guy? I'd like to see him come visit next time Jeff Quick Looks a wrasslin' game - it would be nice to have someone there who knows about CURRENT goings-on in the WWE, instead of just (god bless you, Jeff) complaining about how it was better "back in the day", like an old man :D

Of course who knows how long it'll be before we get a good wrestling game again, now that THQ San Diego is shut down? The only choice for arcadey wrestling now is... WWE Wrestlefest on Steam, a port of a iOS game that was a weird remake of an old Technos arcade game. That's no All Stars 2, not by a long shot. Screw you, THQ. Screw you, uDraw tablet. Whoever I can blame most for shutting down THQ San Diego...

Although I bet a Quick Look for Wrestlefest would be interesting and/or hilarious...

Posted by Phished0ne

@Will_M said:

Fuuuuuck, Max Payne is gonna be pissed for no one even mentioning him so far.

Its gonna drive him back to the pills and the booze.

Posted by Will_M

Fuuuuuck, Max Payne is gonna be pissed for no one even mentioning him so far.

Posted by TheYear20XX

I'm going to pistol whip the next person who complains about ME3.

Posted by UberExplodey

fart jokes and RASSLIN

Posted by JackG100

People who enjoyed the first ME3 ending are the kind of people who enables companies to chicken out on doing great things. Instead we get the "room with buttons"-ending on all games with "multiple ending" instead of having endings actually play out according to choices we actually make by playing the game we get to the theatre of endings and if we been acting a certain way we got to press certain buttons. But we still got the choices ofc. and they will all be the same with different colors or two different words in a dialogue. How people can enjoy the original ending will forever be a big fat questionmark in my mind, the game was excellent and deserved better. Just like Deus Ex: HR...

Posted by shadowwolf9

@evanbower: Exactly. I found it quite enjoyable as well.

Edited by MeatSim

Where is the Air Force Gator video game adaptation?

Posted by PlaydohCutter

BRODERLANDS!

Posted by kalibr

Borderlands 2 and ME3 are great games if you disagree than make your own top 10 list and stop dismissing someone else's choices. Keep the internet out of giantbomb.

Posted by maskedarcstrike

@Zamir said:

i hope this isn't one of Dan's crazy pranks again

good lord that still cracks me up

Posted by evanbower
@MosaicM80

"I even loved the original ending" to ME3... ummm, wow. I didn't think anyone actually enjoyed the original ending. Come to terms with it, but actually enjoy it?

Pretty sure Arther gave that game a 10 on Polygon.. Don't let the loudest Internet minority have the final say on the game's ending.
Posted by mems1224

Im more interested in Dan's top 10 Wrestlemanias

Posted by SatelliteOfLove

I've long considered the original Soul Calibur to be the best fighting game ever made.

Fuck, I like this guy already.

Posted by NedsHead

God forbid some one like Mass Effect 3 's ending. I for one thought the ending was fine and its my game of the year by a mile. Great list Dan! Love all the work you do at Game Informer !

Posted by eloj

Imagine a world where "Borderlands 2" actually was the best game of the year. I would give up on gaming.

Posted by Christoffer

Hero Academy ay? hmm... I will look into it, maybe.

Posted by steelerzfan101

Also, I am really surprised that New Super Mario Bros U made it so high in his list! But then again, it seems that he likes the series a lot.

Posted by steelerzfan101

Ahh Dan Ryckert, what a guy! I kinda found it funny how much Dan seems to hate the Walking Dead. I was listening to an episode of the Gameinformer Show and he just wouldn't let it go! He is definitely interesting...

Posted by Tesla

I feel the same way about the Soul Calibur series as Mr. Ryckert here, but I never bothered with 5. Maybe I should give it a go.

Posted by connerthekewlkid

@LegendaryChopChop said:

The internet has NOT shut up about the ME3 ending.

@JackG100 said:

If he liked the original ME3-ending his entire list is void.

DG991on Dec. 24, 2012 at 3:48 p.m.

"List invalid. Liked original ME3 ending."

SHIGGIDY DIGGIDY DOO

Posted by GodlyOne

Don't forget Dan Ryckert's greatest accomplishment: his head was in an episode of Monday Night Raw.

Edited by smitty86
I've long considered the original Soul Calibur to be the best fighting game ever made...

I'm just going to consider this a typo...

I mean, Soul Calibur is not even the best Soul Calibur ever. That would be Soul Calibur 2.

Posted by Village_Guy

PIIIIPOOOOOOO!!!

Posted by Zamir

i hope this isn't one of Dan's crazy pranks again

Edited by csl316

"Unless you wanna talk about Metal Gear Solid or the sweet endings in Twisted Metal 2."

Statements like these make me proud that Dan's a video game representative of America.  Also, this:

Posted by zachary

dan ryckert is a goddamn crazy person

Posted by Sergio

@phrosnite: You are correct, sir.

Posted by TopSteer

@Seroth: It'd be just Mario Kart Wii and Resident Evil 4 over and over again.

Posted by fjor

great list Dan......hurry with that blue stinger super replay .......

• 75 results