79 Comments
  • 79 results
Posted by NicksCorner

Thanks for the read!

Posted by Winterstrike

Wow Marino. Great list there. Thank you :)

Posted by yevinorion

Great stuff @Marino, love the stats.

Posted by Marino

@ep said:

This must have taken forever. Awesome job.

Thank you.

I kept track of releases all year. Entering/compiling the data took a couple days of work.

Staff
Posted by ep

This must have taken forever. Awesome job.

Thank you.

Posted by PhilipDuck

Surprised they never reviews The Witcher 2, i never even realized lol

Posted by Winternet

What's up with Happy Wars?

Posted by Zrais

Awesome stuff.

Posted by Supah_Ted

Interesting stuff

Posted by FiestaUnicorn

Marino is the guy you don't want to screw with in Eve Online. He makes spreadsheets his bitch.

Posted by Nictel

Love these numbers! Some fun things between them

Posted by onan

The Japanese games that no one played should be excluded from the other categories because the math is broken. i.e., Root Double is both the most and least completed game this year: Least because no one got any achievements in it (because no one played it), and most because 100% of the people who played it got 100% of the achievements.

(That said, I did play Phantom of Inferno a few years ago, just not on 360.)

Posted by Slayer78

Excellent work, this was very entertaining indeed, so thanks for the effort.

Posted by facetheglue

Really interesting - shame you mentioned this might be removed. Not everyone is a fan of achievements but there's definitely thousands on the site that are!

Posted by ArjanN

Hey, looks like I'm the first one to get the Dishonored DLC achievements, kind fo funny how easy the main game is but some of those DLC achievements are no joke.

@AURON570 said:

LMAO, does that mean that all 4 people that played Nickelodeon Dance 2, got all the achievements for it? xD

Yeah. It's a kids game so I'm guessing those achievements are just really easy.

Posted by AURON570

LMAO, does that mean that all 4 people that played Nickelodeon Dance 2, got all the achievements for it? xD

Posted by avantegardener

Average players per game 775.53, that's a little too on the nose!

Posted by pot

Ha, love this thread. Interesting to see all the data!

Posted by SocialChameleon

Those 4 Nickelodeon Dance 2 players are a dedicated bunch.

Posted by EarlessShrimp

@Marino: That requires reading! I don't know how to do that!

But, in all fairness, it was 2013. So, technically it did not receive a quick look in this Data Dump (since it's a 2012 dump)

Posted by Marino

@EarlessShrimp said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but NeverDead did get a quicklook.... in 2013...

See the last four posts or so. That's what we've been talking about. ;)

Staff
Posted by EarlessShrimp

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but NeverDead did get a quicklook.... in 2013...

Posted by Marino

@Getz said:

@Marino said:

@Getz said:

Wonderful stuff. Neverdead did eventually get that quicklook though.

Yeah, I've been somewhat debating whether I should update the data.

I don't think it counts, considering it's the new year.

I don't think I'm gonna change it.

But, if anyone's wondering, if I did remove it, then Major League Baseball 2K12 would get into the top 10 on that list.

Staff
Posted by NoelVeiga

This is great. Love it. Lots of counterintuitive stuff, especially in the top 20 list. Nice job :)

Posted by Getz

@Marino said:

@Getz said:

I don't think it counts, considering it's the new year.

Posted by Marino

@Getz said:

Staff
Posted by Getz

Posted by Roger778

@Marino:

And I still loved it, regardless.

Posted by Marino

@Roger778: Well, it did have a hell of a head start on most of the other games released this year.

Staff
Edited by Roger778

Wow! I'm really impressed that Mass Effect 3 was the most playedt retail game of last year.

Fascinating list, indeed.

Posted by PatchMaster

That is a crazy amount of data. Good work yet again!

Posted by me3639

As a Transportation analyst I love seeing well detailed break downs. Great job.

Posted by VoshiNova

Marino, you are awesome.

Seriously, it's really neat to see all of this data in a clean/presentable format - thanks!

Posted by RWBladewing

Seeing Phantom Breaker on the Least Played list reminds me how annoyed I am that it never actually came out here. SevenSixty has to be one of the worst publishers there is. They've "delayed" the game for over a year now and only bother to state that they currently have no information to give every couple months. It's kind of sweet justice to see one of the 2 titles they actually did bother to release on the Least Played Games that had a Quicklook list.

Posted by Daiphyer

To be fair, no one can get through The Lang Zone.

@Marino said:

I am a true ninja. *pops smoke bomb*

Posted by Scottish_Sin

Really fascinating stats. I was quite surprised to see that Fez and Trials: Evolution beat out the 360 version of Minecraft on this site only because of how that game sold like gangbusters.

@Mento said:

That 2000 monsters achievement in Risen 2 is just horrible. If it wasn't for the 100k miles Tales of Vesperia achievement (which I actually bothered to get, for whatever reason), it would've the poorly-conceived one I saw in 2012. For context, I hit the much more reasonable 500 kills right near the end point, and only a handful of enemies ever respawn in that game. So, yeah, four playthroughs.

Anyway, these are always fun. I like that there's a whole mess of achievements no-one managed to get. Are you following it up with an inaugural (and final) PS3 trophies rundown?

Hats off to you on that one, seriously. Played through Risen 2 once. That was enough for me. ;)

Posted by Slag

That was fun to read, thanks !

Posted by ZagZagovich

Oh wow. There was a version of Phantom of Inferno released on 360 this year? It's a 10 year old visual novel. Something about girl assasins I think. Crazy. Great job on getting this all together and orgonised. Lose the misc. section too. Hope achievement tracking is not gone from the new site forever.

Edited by Driadon

@Marino said:

• There are eleven achievements in Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor that no one has unlocked. Is the game so broken that you can't actually get them?

Challenge accepted. I'm one of the few people that still liked that game, even with some of the controller mishaps.

At least in short bursts.

Also, most of those are for killing EVERONE. Christ, that'll take a while.

Posted by BaconGames

Some things of note that stuck out to me:

1) How the fuck are there FIVE Crash Time games. FIVE!

2) Bummer about Hybrid given that it's XBLA only having 472 registered players. What a unique take on shooting that ultimately didn't get rewarded for it. Sure the launch was a mess, maybe explaining some of the numbers but I sure wish that the ideas from Hybrid live on.

3) 1 person playing Top Hand Rodeo Tour is goddamn hilarious.

Edited by gla55jAw

@Marino said:

@aurahack said:

Seeing Hybrid at only 400 plays is some special kind of tragic. :(

So many XBLA games are just sort of sent out to die.

I wanted to pick it up during the sale last week, but wasn't sure anyone would be playing.

Posted by Marino

@Inkerman said:

Top Hand Rodeo sounds like a sex thing.

Who says it's not? Only that one guy really knows.

Staff
Posted by handsomeb

Amazing stuff.

I need to play some DD:Neon My gamerscore has ended in a pesky 9 since FIFA '09.

Posted by ixnay
Posted by jkz

@Marino said:

Perfect. And awesome work, as always, Marino. This shit's always fascinating

Posted by morrelloman

Three things I did that this list made me feel better about. Finishing ME3 on insanity and Doing every side mission in BL2. Oh and completing Fable: The Journey

Posted by JeanLuc

God I love looking at stats and data for stuff like this. Also, fuck getting the "combo crazy" achievement in Persona 4 Arena. Some of those challenges are insane.

Posted by Napalm

You are a mad man.

Posted by JoeyRavn

Oh, shit, I love data dumps. Congrats on the hard work, !

Posted by Inkerman

Top Hand Rodeo sounds like a sex thing.

• 79 results