407 Comments
Posted by JoelTGM

daaamn

Posted by DS23

@smitty86: EVERYBODY!

Posted by TinyGrasshopper

I support putting Alex in more video content

Posted by courage_wolf

How can I judge a wrestling game that does not feature Triple H's hair?

Posted by xite

This is awesome but the music sounds like wet farts.

Posted by Seroth

The music was way better in World Tour, but Revenge beat it out in gameplay. Never really got into Wrestlemania or No Mercy since I was more of a WCW guy.

Posted by the_great_skenardo

This game also has some of the best tilted cartridge Jank known to man. Look it up on Youtube, duders; it's effin' awesome.

Posted by DeathbyYeti

my favorite thing about this wrestling series is the fact they are almost the same to the WWF games

Fucking business

Posted by bybeach

Appreciatted but so damned chopppy and frame-frozen.

Posted by EoinMason

I need to get a copy of this again since I played it yonks ago. Would love to have it combined with my No Mercy cart.

Posted by WMWA

Yay! Alex is perfect for these

Posted by cooljammer00

The opponents are in the ring when the entrances are happening. It took the Yukes games like YEARS to do that

Posted by BlueMonk3y

NO MERCY! I say!

Posted by antivanti

Alex! The future is here!

Posted by prestonhedges

@courage_wolf said:

How can I judge a wrestling game that does not feature Triple H's hair?

It's got Kevin Nash's.

Posted by Firecreed17

I played this thing into the ground. This game I really have nothing but fond memories playing this with my family and friends. Now I'm thinking of dusting off the ole cart and giving it a go again.

Posted by BlazeHedgehog

Alex gets a thumbs up if only for having a better audio setup than Jeff.

Posted by TheHakku

Fantastic. Best wrestling game on the N64, hands-down.

Posted by zodstein

Alex? No, thanks.

Posted by ImmortalSaiyan

I played a ton of World Tour. I would like to see the first smackdown game get covered.

Posted by CitizenCoffeeCake

Woah!

Posted by Aristides

Man it's great to see Jeff, Patrick and Alex all making content from their home :) Hopefully this will spread to the rest of the staff.

Also fuck you if you don't like Alex.

Posted by scottygrayskull

I remember Kronik!

This was great just to hear you talk about wrestling.

Posted by Davin

How could you do this without showing at least some of this insane intro video?

Posted by ElvishPresley

It's crazy how I was able to recognize this game I haven't played in 13 years just by the menu.

Posted by Colourful_Hippie

Finally some content with Alex in it.

Posted by Olivaw

Oh my god, I LOVED THIS GAME. People always talk about WWF No Mercy and shit, but while this didn't have a create-a-wrestler, which is a downside, it was way more cartoonish, and less complicated, and had my favorite character, a LITERAL NINJA.

Sunk so many hours into this game.

Posted by Thuglas

@CitizenCoffeeCake: that was pretty amazing.

I still think No Mercy is the AKI game that stands up the best today, but Revenge is a good pick for the 'pedia.

Posted by Dewar

I'm so glad to see Alex in some more content for the site. I hope this becomes a regular occurance.

Posted by Matoyak

@BlazeHedgehog: Better quality audio: Yes. But it's too quiet at max. Needs to be bumped just a tad.

Posted by csl316

I'd like to point out that DDP is working miracles with Jake the Snake right now.

Posted by csl316
@Alex Great video, especially impressed with the quality and audio clarity on a first shot. I did find it a little quiet at times. Not sure if you spoke softer or if it's the fact that a lot of GB videos are considerably quieter when compared to other sites. But the mix between game and commentary seemed good to me.
Posted by mustachioeugene

Yes, so awesome. I lived off of this game for a short period of my youth.

Posted by SethMode

Man, Alex knocked this shit out of the park.

Posted by GradiusCat

I live near Scott Hall and randomly see him at the gas station. He likes to wear the t-shirt for his now defunct website scotthall.tv

Posted by pg77

My friends and I played this game so much when it was released.

Posted by TheHT

Not being a big wrestling kid, I assumed most of the characters were made up (which I guess isn't so far from the truth har har), so I of course went with the fucking NINJA. Han Zo Mon 4 lyfe!!

Really though, this the only wrestling game I've thoroughly enjoyed and the only wrestling game I've ever wanted to keep playing.

Posted by The_Nubster

@Alex said:

Let me know what you all think of this one. This is my first self-produced video, so if there are issues with image quality/audio levels/my rambling, constantly distracted sentences, please do let me know. Want to get good at this!

Seems a bit quiet. Most of the time it's fine, but it gets hard to hear when your sentences begin to wind down.

Posted by Jost1

WOOOH!

Posted by Slither_Maggot

@pg77 said:

My friends and I played this game so much when it was released.

Same here. Spent every weekend beating the hell out of each other til' the wee hours of the morning.

Posted by BlackSymbiote

I thought you did a really good job! I like the serious Alex.

Posted by ManMadeGod

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

I played a ton of World Tour. I would like to see the first smackdown game get covered.

I'll second this. I remember really enjoying the first 2 smackdown games more so than the N64 wrestlers.

Posted by KillerBomb

I pretty much stopped playing wrestling games after N64 . Best wrestling games ever!!

Posted by demontrace

Woot! Happy to see you up on here doing these videos now also. Please keep it up!

Posted by nonplayer

I remember Kronik! I even remember marking out for them once or twice before I even knew what "marking out" was. Anyway, other than being a bit quiet the video was well done. Looking forward to more!

Posted by ImmortalSaiyan

I just remembered this but the Day of Reckoning games on gamecube were similar to the AKI games. They were great.

Posted by buft

I remember printing out the box art for this and sticking it too one of my boxes just to brag to a mate that i had it before release, it worked and he was never the wiser since by the time he got round to calling to play it had already been released and w hada ton of fun with it

Posted by TehJedicake

Holy shit. The main thing I've learned from this is that there were a TON of wrestlers that I had no clue whatsoever even existed.

Edited by Daiphyer

This has been the first Encyclopedia Bombastica that I've watched. Great work, Alex.

Are the heights just fucked up in this game? Are DDP and Hulk Hogan really taller than Goldberg by 5 inches?!

Posted by Olivaw

@TheHT said:

Not being a big wrestling kid, I assumed most of the characters were made up (which I guess isn't so far from the truth har har), so I of course went with the fucking NINJA. Han Zo Mon 4 lyfe!!

Really though, this the only wrestling game I've thoroughly enjoyed and the only wrestling game I've ever wanted to keep playing.

Fuck yes, Han Zo Mon was the BEST. All the coolest moves and a combo system! Also A NINJA.